OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 28, 2014, 09:39:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We're converting!  (Read 1854 times) Average Rating: 0
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2011, 03:45:31 AM »

Remember, this is an opportune time for demons to seek to tempt and ensnare you if they can, ignore them and hold fast to the truth that has been delivered to you!
simplygermain
beer-bellied tellitubby
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA - Northwest, Baby!

Zechariah 11:7

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2011, 11:28:37 PM »

Sparrow! Good for you brother. May the Lord guide and protect you both on your journey and may your home be filled with Grace! +++

I believe, help Thou my unbelief!! - St. John of Krondstadt

http://Http://hairshirtagenda.blogspot.com

Witega: "Bishops and Metropolitans and even Patriarchs have been removed under decidedly questionable circumstances before but the Church moves on."
militantsparrow
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

militantsparrow
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2011, 11:55:10 PM »

Remember, this is an opportune time for demons to seek to tempt and ensnare you if they can, ignore them and hold fast to the truth that has been delivered to you!

Thank you, ortho_cat,
I fear you are right. I hadn't considered it before. I need to pray extra hard before my responses to everyone.

"Yeah, the sparrow hath found an house..." -Psalm 84:3
militantsparrow
High Elder

militantsparrow
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2011, 11:57:57 PM »

Sparrow! Good for you brother. May the Lord guide and protect you both on your journey and may your home be filled with Grace! +++

Thank you. Despite the uncomfortable dialogs my wife and I have had to have with our Catholic friends, my house feels very blessed. My kids are as happy about this decision as we are.

Thank you for your support.

Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2011, 12:18:42 AM »

Congrats, many years.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2011, 12:25:11 AM »

Well, the fun has begun. Now that word has gotten out, I'm finding myself having to defend my decision to a slew of people. It turns out there's quite a few closet Catholic apologists out there.

The toughest thing for me to deal with is the assumption by some who hardly know me that I haven't prayed or thought this HUGE decission through. Part of me wants to just tell them off, but so far I haven't. Smiley

Prayers are welcomed.

Catholic Answers got wind of my conversion many years ago, so I got calls from two of their evangelists. I found out later that it was the Opus Dei folks who called CA. Gotta love them. Smiley

My son led us to Orthodoxy.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 12:26:13 AM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
militantsparrow
High Elder

militantsparrow
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2011, 08:08:25 AM »

Well, the fun has begun. Now that word has gotten out, I'm finding myself having to defend my decision to a slew of people. It turns out there's quite a few closet Catholic apologists out there.

The toughest thing for me to deal with is the assumption by some who hardly know me that I haven't prayed or thought this HUGE decission through. Part of me wants to just tell them off, but so far I haven't. Smiley

Prayers are welcomed.

Catholic Answers got wind of my conversion many years ago, so I got calls from two of their evangelists. I found out later that it was the Opus Dei folks who called CA. Gotta love them. Smiley

My son led us to Orthodoxy.

Wow. Thats something I do not want to happen to us. I don't mind answering questions for regular Catholics. I don't want to debate someone like Jimmy Akin. :0

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: