OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 01, 2014, 09:49:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apostolic Roots  (Read 255 times) Average Rating: 0
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« on: November 22, 2011, 07:17:28 PM »

Out of curiousity, I had a question about the Church of Antioch. I was looking into the history and it appears that there are several Antiochian Churches which claim Apostolic connections, such as the Melkites or Syrians. I was just wondering how we know that our Church in Antioch, the Greek one, is really the authentic one established by the Apostles/Peter. And what was this schism that took place in 1724? Could someone explain it to me and how does it relate to my question?

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 07:33:01 PM »

www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,41212.0.html

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: