OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 04:27:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese academics has awarded  (Read 366 times) Average Rating: 0
Elijah
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Tewahedo

God is love; be faithful un to death.

« on: November 18, 2011, 05:30:54 PM »

China peace prize awarded to Russia's Putin
A group of Chinese academics has awarded its version of the Nobel Peace Prize to Vladimir Putin, an organizer said Tuesday, pointing to the Russian Prime Minister as “outstanding in keeping world peace.” Putin beat other candidates such as German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Yuan Longping, a Chinese agricultural scientist, to nab this year's “Confucius Peace Prize”, Qiao Damo, one of the organizers, told AFP.

The prize emerged last year, when it was suddenly announced by the group two days before jailed dissident Liu Xiaobo was awarded the Nobel to Beijing's anger, sparking speculation it was set up with the government's guidance.Members of the jury at the time denied links to the government, but the award's executive chairman Liu Haofeng told AFP later that it had been set up by an association overseen by China's culture ministry.
http://www.tehrantimes.com/index.php/world/92643-china-peace-prize-awarded-to-russias-putin

Holy Mary, You are the ladder of life. St. Yared
My sons/daughters, come and I will teach you the fear of God. Christ is light.
He watches everything high; He is the king  even over those in the water. Eyob 41:25
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 06:20:27 PM »

Does it count as bringing peace if you mainly scare the #$%& out of everybody?  Undecided

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 09:57:25 PM »

Does it count as bringing peace if you mainly scare the #$%& out of everybody?  Undecided

Peace is not simply the absence of war; it is the presence of justice.--Ronald Reagan

But, for the totalitarians, peace is whatever someone with a gun says it is.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: