OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 21, 2014, 06:29:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: September and October Post of the Month: Where art thou?  (Read 1182 times) Average Rating: 0
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« on: November 14, 2011, 07:16:01 PM »

While I'm sure the Mods are busy watching marathon episodes of "Mystery Science Theater 3,000" and reading all of Tolstoy's Novels aloud to one another, could you please take a moment to address this matter of business?

Thank you!!  Kiss

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 10:00:59 AM »

Clearly I got it both months in a row.  They are just taking their time to make it official.  It's cool.
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 01:43:58 AM »

Clearly I got it both months in a row.  They are just taking their time to make it official.  It's cool.

LOL, thanks for clarifying!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 08:12:56 AM »

Has it occurred to anyone that we mods may not have found any posts that deserved the honor?

Not saying that the above is the case, but there are multiple possibilities for not having any post crowned...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 08:14:09 AM by FrChris » Logged

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 03:12:35 PM »

Has it occurred to anyone that we mods may not have found any posts that deserved the honor?

Not saying that the above is the case, but there are multiple possibilities for not having any post crowned...

Our fragile ego's demand to be fed, so that ain't good enough, Father!  Now get the lead out and crown one of us!!

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 04:04:30 PM »

Our fragile ego's demand to be fed, so that ain't good enough, Father!  Now get the lead out and crown one of us!!

A lead hammer?  Roll Eyes

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 05:34:46 PM »

Our fragile ego's demand to be fed, so that ain't good enough, Father!  Now get the lead out and crown one of us!!

Truth be told, I enjoy reading how Fr. George writes the intro to the posts, and of course the posts themselves.

Please don't take offense at this thread, Fr. Chris, I meant no harm. I just figured all of you got busy and I'd razz you a bit.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 05:35:14 PM by HandmaidenofGod » Logged

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 07:48:00 PM »

I could do without them. Rarely do the posts that I like make it anywhere near the selection.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 12:02:11 AM »

For October: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,40650.msg661899.html#msg661899

I've yet to see a publc Orthodox author come up with such a wonderful summation of the Church and its catholicity than the above.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 07:41:07 PM »

Honestly, we're working on voting on these issues as we speak.  Give us a few days (to account for the holiday).

I could do without them. Rarely do the posts that I like make it anywhere near the selection.

Just click "report to moderator" on the posts you really like, and type "Post of the Month nominee" (or "POM nominee") in the dialog box.  Submit that, and the post will be considered for the honor.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: