OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 25, 2014, 04:35:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Memory Eternal - Father Archimandrite Serge  (Read 806 times) Average Rating: 0
the slave
intolerant of intolerance
High Elder

Faith: Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: UGCC

« on: November 12, 2011, 03:27:48 AM »

It is with great sorrow that I have to pass on the news of the repose of Father Archimandrite Serge.

I received a test message from my GodPapa yesterday afternoon [ 11 Nov] saying that he has passed to his eternal rest.

May the Lord welcome him into His Kingdom where there is no more pain or suffering.

O God of all spiritual and corporeal beings, You Who trampled death, broke the power of Satan and granted life to the whole world, now, O Lord, grant rest in a place of light, freshness, and peace, where there is no pain, sorrow, or mourning to the soul of Your departed servant, the Priest Serge , whom You have taken to Yourself.

As You are a gracious God and the Lover of mankind, remember his many years of service to You, forgive him every transgression committed by word, deed, or thought, as there is no man alive who has not sinned, for You alone are without sin and You are the Resurrection and the Life, O Christ our God, and we render glory to You, together with Your Eternal Father, and Your most Holy, gracious, and life-giving Spirit, now and ever and forever. Amen.

May his memory be eternal and blessed.

We ask you to remember in your prayers the parishioners in Dublin , who are surely devastated today by this news , also all those throughout the world who have Served with Fr Serge in the past .

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 05:39:04 AM »

Never met and never seen but I loved him all the same.

His Irish translation of Saint John Chrysostom's liturgy
which you kindly obtained for me will be even more treasured.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 07:12:41 AM »

Memory Eternal.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 10:43:32 AM »

Memory eternal.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
quietmorning
Quiet Morning
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 11:10:49 AM »

Memory Eternal!
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 12:21:52 PM »

Memory Eternal!

Love never fails.
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 03:00:52 PM »

May the memory of my dear friend and brother, the Priest of God, Mitred Archimandrite Serge, be eternal and blessed.

Never met and never seen but I loved him all the same.

Bless, Father Ambrose,

I rather suspect that, had the two of you ever met in real life over tea and other beverages, that you'd have become fast friends and had some fascinating conversations and debate. It's a scenario that I love to imagine.

Many years,

Neil
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 03:01:25 PM by Irish Melkite » Logged

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
IreneOlinyk

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox (EP)

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 03:16:26 PM »

It is with great sorrow that I have to pass on the news of the repose of Father Archimandrite Serge.

I received a test message from my GodPapa yesterday afternoon [ 11 Nov] saying that he has passed to his eternal rest.

Just to clarify. could you please state his surname because some may think you mean Brain Kehler, who was a student radical in the 1960s and a leader in the left-wing group Students for a Democratic Society.  He also lives in Dublin.  He was born into a Roman Catholic family and converted to Russian Orthodoxy and the Moscow Patriarch during the communist era.  And he was good friends with Metr. Nikodim of Lenningrad.  After the death of his friend he went back to the Cathoolic church and after many more journeys ended up in Toronto in the Ukrainian Catholic Church and was a controversial figure.  he left the controversy to go to the UK and ended up in Ireland.
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 03:46:16 PM »

Just to clarify. could you please state his surname because some may think you mean Brain Kehler, who was a student radical in the 1960s and a leader in the left-wing group Students for a Democratic Society.  He also lives in Dublin.  He was born into a Roman Catholic family and converted to Russian Orthodoxy and the Moscow Patriarch during the communist era.  And he was good friends with Metr. Nikodim of Lenningrad.  After the death of his friend he went back to the Cathoolic church and after many more journeys ended up in Toronto in the Ukrainian Catholic Church and was a controversial figure.  he left the controversy to go to the UK and ended up in Ireland.

It is Father Archimandrite Serge Keleher
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 03:46:43 PM by Irish Melkite » Logged

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
Mariama

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Previously known as giraffe

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 09:03:45 AM »

May his memory be eternal.
username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 09:50:04 AM »

Vichnaya Pamyat

A very good and intelligent man, Father Serge will be missed.

zekarja
High Elder

O Holy Prophet Zechariah, intercede to God for us!

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 09:58:58 AM »

Memory Eternal!

ICXCNIKA
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 10:40:04 AM »

Memory Eternal!
the slave
intolerant of intolerance
High Elder

Faith: Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: UGCC

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 02:20:55 PM »

Today was the 40th day after the repose of Fr Serge.

A memorial Liturgy and Panachyda were served today , in Edinburgh by  our Exarch and 4 Priests .

It was very moving.

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 05:17:16 PM »

Memory Eternal!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
ilyazhito
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2011, 04:26:58 PM »

Memory Eternal!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: