OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 02, 2014, 01:31:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please pray for Deacon George of our parish  (Read 713 times) Average Rating: 0
Marat
Elder

Faith: Catholic reinvestigating the Orthodox Church

« on: November 07, 2011, 01:19:36 PM »

I just received the following email from our parish concerning Deacon George Bithos of Transfiguration Greek Orthodox parish in Austin, TX, who is currently in critical condition. Please pray for him.

Beloved in the Lord,

We hear St. James the Brother of our Lord, state in his epistle, Chapter 5, verse 14: "Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the presbyters of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord."

Last night, our beloved Servant of God, Deacon George Bithos was admitted to the hospital, where I came and met Presbytera Ria, praying for his salvation and a full recovery of soul and body.  We prayed the Paraklesis to the Theotokos and offered him Holy Unction. He is currently in critical condition. I am sure that you are desirous of pouring out your love and support to Presbytera and her family. However, at this time, please refrain from trying to visit the hospital or calling; instead, please pray. I have a couple of prayers below from our tradition to help you in your offering. We will continue to offer you updates. With much gratitude to your faithfulness,

Your intercessor before the Lord,
Fr. Vasileios

Lord, Jesus Christ, our Savior, Physician of souls and bodies, who for our salvation, became a man and suffered death on the Cross. O Lord, visit our beloved servant of God, Deacon George, in his suffering and grant him grace and strength to bear  his illness. Heal him fully, O Lord, in body and soul, so that he may please You in all things and praise Your blessed name all the days of his life.

Merciful Lord, visit our beloved Deacon George, in his time of need and affliction; as you healed Jairus' daughter and raised her from her bed of infirmity, visit Your servant, Master, and deliver him fully from sickness and pain. For You alone have borne the sickness and affliction of our world and with You nothing is impossible. For You are all-merciful and to You we ascribe glory and adoration forever.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 01:20:31 PM by Marat » Logged
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 01:29:16 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Most Holy Theotokos, pray for us.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
zekarja
High Elder

O Holy Prophet Zechariah, intercede to God for us!

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 01:32:04 PM »

Kyrie, eleison!

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 01:42:17 PM »

Lord have mercy!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 02:43:11 PM »

+Lord, have mercy!

Love never fails.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 03:51:29 PM »

Lord have mercy.
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 04:33:27 PM »

Lord, have mercy on your servant.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: