OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 01:41:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For my younger niece  (Read 606 times) Average Rating: 0
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« on: November 06, 2011, 01:20:25 PM »

Dear folks, may I ask your prayers for my 23-y.o. niece, Marijka, who lives in Ukraine?

Her older sister is now happily married, is a proud mother of a 1.5y.o. baby girl, and lives separately from her mom. Marijka, however, is single and lives in her mom's apartment. This past summer, she graduated from college with honors, with a Bachelor's degree in Business (Management), and worked, for a while, in a store that sells very sophisticated cell phones, iPods etc. She was doing quite well. However, she has always had this mad desire to move from her native city of Luts'k to Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine, where, as she thinks, "there is more fun."

About two weeks ago, Marijka suddenly quit her job and went to Kyiv. At the moment, she is staying with her friends (her mom and my wife and I have no idea who these "friends" are). She does not have any job, any income. Worst of all, her mom found out that prior to leaving Luts'k, Marijka helped hersef with a generous sum of 2.5 thousand hryvnyas (about $320) from her store's cashier drawer.

Her mom has already returned the money to the store and got assured that there will be no prosecution. However, she told Marijka on the phone that this was not a "gift," that Marijka has to re-pay it. Marijka went berserk, burst into tears, crying that her mom does not understand her and "is doing everything to hurt" her.

I would so much appreciate your holy prayers about this girl. She was baptized Orthodox, although she never attended church. Her parents divorced (actually, her father simply abandoned his family for a much younger girl) when she was 18, so it may be that she is still "compensating" for the horror she had to live through by doing all these wild things. By her nature, she is extremely kind; just a couple of years ago we saw her cry bitterly when her pet golden hamster died. She is also very beautiful (which does not do her any good because she attracts many men, including those who might not be whom we want her to be with). The worst thing is, she is absolutely deaf to anything her mother, or her aunt (my wife), or I, or anyone except her latest "friend" says to her, always taking it as if "nobody understands me" and "you all only want to cause me pain."

Sorry for the long rant, and, again, so many thanks to you all for your holy prayers.

Love never fails.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 01:58:23 PM »

Lord have mercy.

St. Dismas, pray for us.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 03:50:59 PM »

Lord, have mercy on Marijka.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
zekarja
High Elder

O Holy Prophet Zechariah, intercede to God for us!

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 04:27:06 PM »

Kyrie, eleison!

Stephanos Nikolaos

Faith: Pre-Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Currently OCA

Hosanna in the highest!

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 11:42:32 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

“But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either.” +Luke 6:27-29
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 12:21:52 PM »

Thank you all so much for your holy prayers. Marijka has returned home, and now is looking for jobs. She sill wants to relocate to Kyiv, but now she seems to realize that she needs to earn some money and pay her debt first.

Love never fails.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: