OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 20, 2014, 10:19:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is a thread for football (soccer)  (Read 3030 times) Average Rating: 0
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2011, 04:40:07 PM »

aye, i cheer for two basic teams in european football

scotland, and whoever is playing england

SCREW BON JOVI!
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2011, 05:04:27 PM »

laugh laugh laugh

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Father Peter
Archon

Jurisdiction: British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2011, 12:51:31 PM »

Sitting at Wembley waiting for the match to start.

Lord have mercy upon me a sinner
http://www.orthodoxmedway.org

My blog - http://anorthodoxpriest.blogspot.co.uk

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2011, 12:58:48 PM »

come on spain, beat those english barbarians

even though i detest the spanish as well, my hatred for the english trumps all

SCREW BON JOVI!
Marc1152
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2011, 01:09:05 PM »

Arsenal

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Father Peter
Archon

Jurisdiction: British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2011, 09:23:16 AM »

What a brilliant match. Atmosphere was great. Team played much better than expected and deserved to beat the Spanish, as they did.

I do love attending matches at Wembley and being part of a vast crowd all singing a hymn to God. We sat next to a young Spanish family and although the crowd was entirely patriotic, it was, and always is, that open-hearted patriotism that enjoys the visiting team supporters also expressing their own patriotism.

The only time I've not felt that atmosphere was when England played Egypt and the atmosphere was much tenser and more hostile, not least because it was not clear what the Egyptian fans were chanting in Arabic, and also because there were no Christians at all playing in the Egyptian squad.

Lord have mercy upon me a sinner
http://www.orthodoxmedway.org

My blog - http://anorthodoxpriest.blogspot.co.uk

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2011, 11:14:17 AM »

Joe Hart is the luckiest keeper in England. Way to go 3 Lions!

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2011, 12:11:50 PM »

Even if Beckham decides not to re-new his contract with the Los Angeles Galaxy, and he returns to Europe to play, I applaud him for all he's done for football (soccer) in the USA. The sport has grown so drastically here, new TV deals, higher professional wages, soccer-specific stadiums, higher attendances, amoung other things. Not only has he helped the marketability of the sport in the States, but he drastically improved the marketability of the USA's Major League Soccer around the world. It's a respected league world-round now. All in all, thank you Becks, the past 5 years has been awesome. If you leave MLS after the season, I bid you good luck. Atleast we get to see you in one more game for the Galaxy this Sunday. So I hope Becks and the Galaxy win the MLS Cup this Sunday, send Becks off with a title!

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/soccer/news/story?id=7243959

Forgive my sins.
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2011, 12:15:32 PM »

Even if Beckham decides not to re-new his contract with the Los Angeles Galaxy, and he returns to Europe to play, I applaud him for all he's done for football (soccer) in the USA. The sport has grown so drastically here, new TV deals, higher professional wages, soccer-specific stadiums, higher attendances, amoung other things. Not only has he helped the marketability of the sport in the States, but he drastically improved the marketability of the USA's Major League Soccer around the world. It's a respected league world-round now. All in all, thank you Becks, the past 5 years has been awesome. If you leave MLS after the season, I bid you good luck. Atleast we get to see you in one more game for the Galaxy this Sunday. So I hope Becks and the Galaxy win the MLS Cup this Sunday, send Becks off with a title!

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/soccer/news/story?id=7243959

Agreed again.  It's been a pleasure to have the opportunity to see him play here and raise the bar for the home league. 

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: