Author Topic: Blessings on this 81st Anniversary of the Coronation of HIM Haile Selassie I  (Read 32854 times)

Offline HabteSelassie

• Ises and I-ity
  • Archon
Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Today marks the 81st anniversary of the Coronation of His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I, of Ethiopia, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, Elect of God, Light of This World, King of Zion, King of Israel, crowned November 2, 1930.

On this day, the Almighty God confirmed the sure loyalties of the promises of King David, affirming the perpetuity of the Davidic Monarchy among human beings.  The Israel of God, that is the Church, shall never be short a king or a prophet!

Haile Selassie I demonstrates the effective power of the Almighty God on earth, through men.

Three Cheers for the Emperor! Selassie I Jah! Selassie I Jah! Selassie I Jah! Rastafari!
stay blessed,
habte selassie
"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10

Offline JLatimer

• OC.net guru
Where is the perpetual earthly Davidic monarchy now?
1 Samuel 25:22 (KJV)
So and more also do God unto the enemies of David, if I leave of all that pertain to him by the morning light any that pisseth against the wall.

Offline HabteSelassie

• Ises and I-ity
  • Archon
Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Where is the perpetual earthly Davidic monarchy now?

shh.. its a secret not best for the internet, but if you search it up a bit you just might find it ;)

How could I forgot HIM best title, "Defender of the Orthodox Faith"
Defender of the Faith  
"Venerable and Holy Fathers, in listening to the profound spiritual message conveyed by your closing addresses, and appreciating the happy outcome of your sustained efforts, Our heart has been touched by profound gladness. It should therefore be clear to the whole world from the result of your work that Your Holinesses have been guided and inspired by the Holy Spirit to accomplish your task in love and unity.

"The great common tasks accomplished by the Conference in unison bestow on the true faith and true order of the Oriental Orthodox Church the admiration of the whole world.

"As Solomon says, physical distance cannot be a barrier to love,. Likewise, the distances among your respective countries have been abolished by the proximity of your hearts. You have thus been able to speak a single tongue and think with a single mind. We thank Almighty God for enabling Us to witness the realization of Our dream in the successful outcome of this historic Conference.

"We are therefore happy to express to you Our readiness, fortified by the results of this Conference, to invite you and the Eastern Orthodox Churches, and also other churches at a later date. We ardently hope that we shall meet once again in the not too distant future.

"As We stated at the inauguration of this Conference, to meet together, to take council with one another, and to act in mutual cooperation, has proved a most fruitful method both in the secular and spiritual fields. Henceforth the way is open for you to follow this fruitful path, and to this end, Our help and assistance will always be forthcoming, since We support your efforts and ideas out of an unshakable conviction that it is Our spiritual duty to do so.

"We are gratified in particular to note that the work of this Conference has been concerned purely with religious spiritual matters free from extraneous political considerations. This is only fitting and proper, for the church, as a symbol of peace, must follow the path of peace in all parts of the world. In this connection We are glad to note that your evangelistic mission in the world has received due emphasis in your deliberations, together with the recognition of the Christian duty to pray for the rights of man and the peace of the world. For world peace can only be made abiding by the Grace of God, through the prayers of the Holy Fathers. the truth of this cardinal fact is evident to all mankind.

"We ardently hope that Almighty God shall bless the implementation of our important resolutions and decisions, just as He has made possible the successful convening and conclusion of this historic Conference.

"Holy Fathers, We have welcomed the title you have given Us, Defender of the Faith, with great honor, May almighty God grace your name. May God welcome your work. We have received this title given Us by you Holy Fathers, with religious reverence. May your prayers help Us in Our effort to fulfill the task entrusted to Us."
January 21st 1965

Besides of which, even if folks are of the persuasion that HIM is dead and buried, regardless it is custom to revere Christian monarchs in perpetuity in the same was as we still called US presidents "Mr. President" long after their terms are up, even after they've passed.  If duppy US politricksters deserve such honors, surely the King Of Kings and Defender of the Orthodox Faith deserves to be honored in our memory, and I know there are Russians here who know what I am talking about.

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 04:53:23 PM by HabteSelassie »
"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10

Offline primuspilus

• Taxiarches
  • Inserting personal quote here.
    • Holy Trinity Orthodox Church
  • Faith: Western Rite Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: AOCNA - Diocese of Charleston and beyond
King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah

Ummm...sorry for being a meanie but I thought that belonged to:

alone.

PP
"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker

Offline Tallitot

• Archon
    • USCJ
  • Faith: Jewish(Conservative)
i acknowledge one King of Kings, and He is not an earthly one.
Proverbs 22:7

Offline HabteSelassie

• Ises and I-ity
  • Archon

Could y'all kindly go "poop" on someone elses' parade please?

In Ethiopian history, culture, law, and Church, the Emperors are the

King of Kings  because there are lesser kings in Ethiopian polity who reign under the Emperor's Divine sovereignty,

Lord of Lords because there are lesser lords in Ethiopian polity who reign under the Emperor's Divine sovereignty,

Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah because, as Davidic monarchs of King Solomon's family line, the Ethiopian Emperors have always carried this title as their lawful inheritance, in fact we in the Ethiopian Church actually don't think of this title as uniquely Christ's, in fact quite the opposite, it is because this is the earthly title for Davidic monarchs, giving Christ this same title is to affirm His Humanity as a descendant of King David.

Elect of God because the Emperors are the Anointed Kings chosen by God to reign in His power and authority on the earth as Christian sovereigns.

Light of this World is a temporary title also applied to the Emperors because they are Godly ordained, like Priests, to be the True Light pointing to Christ, just as the Moon reflects the Son and in God's Grace firmly guide the people towards the Will of God.

King of Zion because they are the lawful sovereigns over the Ark of the Covenant, Holy Zion.

King of Israel because they are the lawful sovereigns over the royal family and lineage of Israel, transplanted physically into Ethiopia, and further because the Emperors are the Defenders of the Church on earth in God's Grace, and the Church is of course as Apostle Paul explains the Israel of God.

Defender of the Faith because the Oriental Orthodox world awards this Title at various times to many Ethiopian Emperors, and it has been an HONOR and PRIVILEGE of the Ethiopian Emperors to be granted such responsibility by the Oriental Orthodox Fathers.

If y'all misunderstand the historicity of the very honorific and venerable titles and responsibilities of the Ethiopian Emperors that is fine and good, but please don't be so crass and insensitive.  Its like all our grandmothers told us, "If you aint got nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all." ;)

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 05:21:45 PM by HabteSelassie »

Offline Iconodule

• Professor of Cryptopatristics at Miskatonic University
  • Merarches
  • Monsters from the Id
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
Byzantine emperors also called themselves "King of Kings," no?
But it had not been in Tess's power - nor is it in anybody's power - to feel the whole truth of golden opinions while it is possible to profit by them. She - and how many more - might have ironically said to God with Saint Augustine, "Thou hast counselled a better course than thou hast permitted."
Thomas Hardy, Tess of the D'Urbervilles

Offline HabteSelassie

• Ises and I-ity
  • Archon
Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior JEsus Christ!

Exactly, Emperor Justinian, King of Kings of Rome, and Emperor Kaleb, King of Kings of Axum, met in their time to divide the realms of the world between them as mutual sovereigns.  The Ethiopians for a time respected the Byzantine monarchy as also being Solomonic, but as lesser sons or younger brothers, but as royal family all the same.  This is of course attested both in the epic meta-narrative the Kebra Negast and also many instances of historical interaction between the Ethiopian sovereigns and the Byzantines/Romans, from the 4th century up until 16th century with the fall of Constantinople.

It is from that time on that Ethiopian Emperors have embraced the title Defender of the Faith and also considered themselves the remaining, lawful, Davidic King of Kings since their lesser brother the Byzantine/Romans had seemed to pass away from the scene.  Today, we see the monarchy in a period of transition, but the royal family remains active and in-tact, and this is really just a brief hiccup in the scheme of a two-thousand plus year dynasty which has had several hiccups in the past.  I for one, fully assert that God can and will fully restore the Davidic sovereigns in Ethiopia, and if He doesn't, I would superstitiously come to expect the Second Coming, as it would be too long a gap between King of Kings on the Throne.  Right now, we are almost two generations removed, but there are still those alive and well who served under HIM Haile Selassie, and so we can still think of it as only a pause, and restoration is indeed an option, and one which Ethiopia (and it would seem lately Egypt and Sudan) would greatly benefit from by God's Grace!

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Offline Riddikulus

• Protokentarchos

Yes, let's not lose sight of the fact!
I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
Can anyone recommend a good biography? I have always wanted to read one but have had trouble finding things about him in the local library. Maybe I can order one. Thanks.

Posts after this one have been split off and removed from view due to trolling behavior.
Salpy
Section Moderator
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 03:47:20 AM by Salpy »
In a time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey