OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 02:50:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 99%: Official list of Occupy Wall Street’s supporters, sponsors and sympathi  (Read 955 times) Average Rating: 0
sainthieu
Abstractor of the Quintessence
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« on: November 01, 2011, 09:09:40 PM »

PJMedia:

"Note: All entries on this list are real and verified. Below each entry you will find a series of source links documenting the support for OWS. We have striven in almost all cases to reference either first-hand statements by the groups or individuals themselves, hosted on their own Web sites; or videos of the people in question voicing their support for OWS at various Occupations; or news reports from reliable mainstream networks; or articles by publications or organizations sympathetic to the Occupy movement; or indisputable evidence, whatever the source. As a result, it cannot be claimed that these statements of support were made up or distorted by detractors of the Occupy movement."
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 09:20:57 PM »

Woah.

I'm going to need this.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 09:22:14 PM »

Are they trying to 'turn them in' for something? The last I heard, it was legal to peaceably assemble and petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Ionnis
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 10:13:35 PM »

Funny list. Smiley

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 10:15:04 PM »

LEFTIST ORGANIZATIONS SUPPORT A LEFTIST MOVEMENT? WHAT?!  Shocked

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
sainthieu
Abstractor of the Quintessence
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 11:40:11 PM »

Are they trying to 'turn them in' for something? The last I heard, it was legal to peaceably assemble and petition the government for a redress of grievances.

No, not at all. You're correct; it is legal for them to assemble. It's in the interest of truth; if you get your news from the mainstream media, you hear nothing of this. It is a pity our media no longer even makes a pretense of objectivity. An objective media is a prerequisite of a free society.
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

Teaching on the mountain

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 12:10:44 AM »

Read this for a change:
http://exiledonline.com/conscience-of-a-radical-corey-robin’s-the-reactionary-mind/
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 11:06:38 AM »

Read this for a change:
http://exiledonline.com/conscience-of-a-radical-corey-robin’s-the-reactionary-mind/
I read this article and I gotta say that it is a perfect piece that states how disconnected with reality the american left truly is.

Robin believes, as I do, that the current incarnation of the conservative movement is approaching its terminus–though I’m fairly certain that the death rattle will be loud, long, and bloody. Without a significant democratic challenge (the labor struggles of the 1930s, the revolts of the 1960s, etc.), conservatism has nowhere to go. It’s been too successful. “Loss–real social loss, of power and position, privilege and prestige–is the mustard seed of conservative innovation. What the right suffers from today is not loss but success
Heh, suuuuuuure....

The last paragraph is hilarious.
Maybe I’m being a little too hard on liberals. After all, a liberal is fundamentally a more “decent” person than a conservative. And there’s something to be said for decency. But good manners, sympathy for the powerless, and a congenial disposition are useless in beating back conservatism after its gone hegemonic–and who could possibly deny that it has? Maybe that’s the most frightening lesson from Robin’s book, and what makes it all so hard for liberals to take: that the fight is over, the battle is lost, and the bastards won. And if we wanna do something about it, and it’s starting to look like maybe we do, we might have to summon up some of that dangerous radical fire that’s propelled every worthwhile step we’ve taken towards a more civil and egalitarian society

To actually think that those who hold a certian political pursuasion are inherently better people than others....no wonder people look at liberals as elitist snobs. After reading this, I see why. Im sure this person wrote this article did so during the break betweenthe soup kitchen and habitat for humanity assignments......

PP
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 11:15:28 AM by primuspilus » Logged

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 11:33:24 AM »

PJMedia:

"Note: All entries on this list are real and verified. Below each entry you will find a series of source links documenting the support for OWS. We have striven in almost all cases to reference either first-hand statements by the groups or individuals themselves, hosted on their own Web sites; or videos of the people in question voicing their support for OWS at various Occupations; or news reports from reliable mainstream networks; or articles by publications or organizations sympathetic to the Occupy movement; or indisputable evidence, whatever the source. As a result, it cannot be claimed that these statements of support were made up or distorted by detractors of the Occupy movement."

What a wonderful thing OWS is doing for the world.  How many movements can get people from the American Nazi Party to the Communist Party USA, from Barack Obama to Hugo Chavez, from David Duke to the Black Panthers to agree on anything?!  I think OWS is going to bring in a new age of solidarity and brotherly love between disparate groups of people.  The Ku Klux Klan and the Nation of Islam will stand hand in hand.  All agree that the 1% need to go, the only question is whether we call that place a Gulag or a Concentration Camp.  I think we should do the American thing and call it a Reservation, but that's just my opinion.

Not joking for a minute - it's a pretty disingenuous list.  This is an open source protest.  They call them 99%'ers.  People come from all walks of life.  Is it any surprise that people who are from numerous anti-establishment organizations support them?  What would have surprised me is if they listed Goldman Sachs or The Wall Street Journal as supporters.  That would have at least been ironic.  Too bad the dingbat that made the list didn't go through all the other, non whacky groups that probably support OWS as well.  Except that would be a whole lot of work for not a lot of shock value.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 11:40:52 AM »

The list of folks looks like the misagos that used to follow my old blog.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: