OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 02, 2014, 04:41:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this board still on Eastern Daylight Savings Time?  (Read 707 times) Average Rating: 0
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« on: November 06, 2011, 05:31:50 PM »

I checked my profile and noted that the board time is now 4 hours ahead of Pacific Standard Time.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 11:38:09 AM »

it seems that you're right...I'm having the same issue. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 11:57:13 AM »

I'm not sure about this, but I recall running into this a few years ago. I think the board is intended to remain tied to a time that does not change, since not all the world observes Daylight Saving Time, and those governments that do don't necessarily change time on the same days of the year. Therefore, I think the forum software intends for each individual to have control over what time he/she sees on this forum and to change the time when required by a switch to Daylight Saving or Standard time.

If you open your profile and select "Look and Layout Preferences" under "Modify Profile", you'll open a Web form that will allow you to change your time offset for your connection to OC.net. The time offset field you need to change is very close to the top of the form. (I have attached a screenshot of this to this post with highlighting to make it easy to understand what you need to change. Click the image to enlarge it.) For the switch back to standard time, you'll most likely need to increase your offset if it's negative or decrease your offset if it's positive.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 12:00:11 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
zekarja
High Elder

O Holy Prophet Zechariah, intercede to God for us!

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 12:06:05 PM »

I had to change mine manually under Look and Layout Preferences.

genesisone
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 03:58:30 PM »

I'm not sure about this, but I recall running into this a few years ago. I think the board is intended to remain tied to a time that does not change, since not all the world observes Daylight Saving Time, and those governments that do don't necessarily change time on the same days of the year. Therefore, I think the forum software intends for each individual to have control over what time he/she sees on this forum and to change the time when required by a switch to Daylight Saving or Standard time.

If you open your profile and select "Look and Layout Preferences" under "Modify Profile", you'll open a Web form that will allow you to change your time offset for your connection to OC.net. The time offset field you need to change is very close to the top of the form. (I have attached a screenshot of this to this post with highlighting to make it easy to understand what you need to change. Click the image to enlarge it.) For the switch back to standard time, you'll most likely need to increase your offset if it's negative or decrease your offset if it's positive.
Your reasoning sounds good.

We've seen this come up before. Perhaps the mods could put a little reminder in the Board News forum around the time most of us are switching clocks.

It's really very easy to do. No particular magic. Even on PtA's screenshot you can see a little "autodetect" that will do all the work for you - except remind you to do it twice a year!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: