OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 25, 2014, 02:36:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And the winner is... Lucas Papademos! Greece, meet your new PM  (Read 838 times) Average Rating: 0
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« on: November 10, 2011, 02:46:04 PM »

Lucas Papademos, former VP of the European Central Bank, has been appointed the new Prime Minister of Greece. He is 64.

From the article:
Leaders of the three main parties making up a new government of national unity had been meeting the Greek president to try to reach a deal.

Greeks will hope the news provides the stability to get them through their debt crisis, correspondents say.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

"There is no religion higher than TRUTH"

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 03:35:18 PM »

Lucas Papademos, former VP of the European Central Bank
Out of the frying pan...

Note : Many of my posts (especially the ones antedating late 2012) do not reflect charity, tact, or even views I presently hold. Please forgive me for any antagonism I have caused.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 05:55:23 PM »

Lucas Papademos, former VP of the European Central Bank
Out of the frying pan...
Does anyone ever learn? good grief.....

Why dont we get Madoff out of the clink and put him in charge of the fed.....

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great
Byzantine2008
Elder

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 06:44:46 PM »

Looking at his past employment this does not look good for Greece. Sad
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 06:45:03 PM by Byzantine2008 » Logged

Let your will be done O Lord Jesus Christ through the intercession of you All Pure Mother and all the saints!
akimori makoto
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 07:00:46 PM »

The Greeks voted the same government in almost uninterruptedly over many decades and still don't understand what went wrong -- and we expect them to get this decision right?

Long may our glorious nation live on (in pockets of Britan, North America and Australia, cos the mainland is going to hell in a handbasket).

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 07:59:50 PM »

I cannot understand how in a parliamentary system, they selected somebody who is not a member of the Parliament.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 08:26:35 PM »

The Greeks voted the same government in almost uninterruptedly over many decades and still don't understand what went wrong -- and we expect them to get this decision right?

You do know that there are dozens of governing units (cities, counties, states, etc.) here in the US who have done the same, right?

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
akimori makoto
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 08:30:46 PM »

You do know that there are dozens of governing units (cities, counties, states, etc.) here in the US who have done the same, right?

Father, I can't say I do know, but I will tell you I made the same criticism of the people of questionable intellect who returned the Labor party to power for four terms here in New South Wales and then had the audacity to complain about the state of our infrastructure and utilities at the last election.

We who live in democracies do not have the luxury of blaming "the politicians" when things go wrong: especially when we have stubbornly returned the same politicians to power term after term after term, often over decades.

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
Tags: Lucas Papademos  Greece  Prime Minister  debt crisis  Eurozone  austerity 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: