OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 10:25:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: House in Nigeria made out of plastic bottles  (Read 346 times) Average Rating: 0
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Hoplitarches

« on: November 09, 2011, 02:34:03 PM »

A house in the town of Yelwa, Nigeria, is drawing new visitors all the time. It sets a new mark for ingenuity- the place is built entirely of plastic bottles, filled with sand.

From the article:
This "bottle brick" technology started nine years ago in India, South and Central America, providing a cost-effective, environmentally-friendly alternative to conventional building bricks.

Yahaya Ahmed of Nigeria's Development Association for Renewable Energies, estimates that a bottle house will cost one third of what a similar house made of concrete and bricks would cost.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 02:34:36 PM by biro » Logged
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 02:37:44 PM »

Very cool story! Thank you for posting it.

I'd love to see some of these environmentally friendly, creative units sometime.

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
Tags: Nigeria  recycling 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: