OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 30, 2014, 03:56:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please pray for my wife & I  (Read 2218 times) Average Rating: 0
podromos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« on: October 29, 2011, 07:25:46 AM »

Please pray for me Paul and my wife Heather. I am a retired orthodox priest who has Multiple Chemical Sensitivities and we have found out where we are living is toxic to me. We need a buyer for our house, finance for a block of land where we can build (we found it after looking at 60 places), Heather needs assistance as she approaches her university final exams and assessments and then a new job. We keep on hitting barriers everywhere we go. Heather has lost hope and I am finding life very very difficult and hard to pray. Please someone pray that God will work a couple of miracles for us.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 08:02:57 AM »

Lord have mercy!

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 08:24:38 AM »

Lord have mercy.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Father Peter
Archon

Jurisdiction: British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 08:56:30 AM »

Lord have mercy

Lord have mercy upon me a sinner
http://www.orthodoxmedway.org

My blog - http://anorthodoxpriest.blogspot.co.uk

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 09:01:18 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
Stephanos Nikolaos

Faith: Pre-Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Currently OCA

Hosanna in the highest!

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 10:05:32 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

“But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either.” +Luke 6:27-29
zekarja
High Elder

O Holy Prophet Zechariah, intercede to God for us!

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 11:14:49 AM »

Kyrie, eleison!

IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 11:49:14 AM »

Lord have mercy!

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 12:03:40 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
podromos

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 09:20:25 AM »

Thank you for your prayers. Heather says that she feels some hope but we are now down to the last chance for finance. I served the last Liturgy at the mission this Sunday and had to stop to take medication to continue. Please keep praying for us.
TITL

Faith: Coptic Orthodox

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 09:22:26 AM »

I'm sorry to break the Kyrie eleison trend, but something in the OP caught my eye:

I am a retired orthodox priest

Orthodox priests retire?

The Lord is with you, you're in my prayers.
podromos

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 09:54:11 AM »

Thanks for your prayers.
Yes, You never cease being a priest but when your health is so bad that you cannot safely start to serve a liturgy and be sure that you will finish it then you have to retire. The thing is though that if my health stabilises a bit then I may be able to resume painting icons and continue work on a restoration project for a church that I am doing gratis.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 09:55:08 AM »

Lord have mercy.

Most Holy Theotokos, pray for us.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
TITL

Faith: Coptic Orthodox

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 11:18:24 AM »

Thank you for the clarification  Smiley
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 01:05:23 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 01:05:23 PM »

Lord, have mercy on Your servants!

Love never fails.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 03:17:16 PM »

May the Lord have mercy upon you, Father, and your wife.  May He ease your burden, grant you good health, strength and fortitude.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 10:28:57 PM »

Lord have mercy on your servants! Mother of Light intercede and come to the aide of those who hope in your motherly protection! amen!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Ionnis
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 10:30:37 PM »

Lord have mercy.

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 05:02:34 PM »

Lord have mercy!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Manalive
Иоанн
Elder

Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate

It is later than we think.

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2011, 05:05:51 PM »

Lord have mercy.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 05:06:09 PM by Manalive » Logged

"Lay hold of the pathway... rugged and narrow as it is."- St. John Chrystostom
quietmorning
Archon

St. Photini

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 06:46:39 PM »

Lord have mercy!

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2011, 12:20:30 PM »

Lord have mercy!

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2011, 02:12:11 PM »

Lord Jesus Christ, Son and Word of the Living God, through the prayers of your Most Pure Mother and of all the saints, have mercy on your priest, Paul.

Dear Father Paul,

Father Bless,

I knew an Orthodox hieromonk who also had MCS. He asked permission of his bishop to avoid using incense, and he was able to resume celebrating the Divine Liturgy. Incense was a serious problem for him. At his hermitage, he also asked his guests to avoid wearing or using perfume, cologne, or anything scented including scented detergents, fabric softeners, bath soaps, cologne, hair spray, shampoos, conditioners, and hand lotion whenever they attended Divine Liturgy. That helped him tremendously. 

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Gamliel
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2011, 05:12:36 PM »

LORD have mercy!
podromos

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2011, 10:23:20 AM »

Dear Maria,

Blessed is our God always, now and forever. Amen.

Some kinds of incense have that effect on me so I have been careful in what I use, thus no problems.

The crux is that I live near the main highway between Sydney & Melbourne (Australia's 2 biggest capital cities). When we moved here years ago the traffic was about an eighth of what it is now. My wife has observed that consistently I wake up coughing at around 4am which is when the truck traffic is the heaviest.  So more pollution drifiting down onto us. The next thing is that this area has experienced a 15 year drought which meant I didn't know that when things went back to normal the soil became swampy (There are the moulds which also cause problems). Finally the last piece of the jigsaw was that people bought the land next to us and built 3 years ago. His hobby is restoring old cars and he built his sheds up against the boundary. He uses whatever he feels like in terms of chemicals.

This is why we have to move. Even though I can shut the house up and use an air purifier/filter, it still doesn't change what is happening outside.

We have a very slim, almost hopeless chance of getting finance this week. In the meantime thanks to the prayers being offered I haven't had any more infections induced by the situation. No buyers for the house. Lord have mercy.

Pray for me a sinner

Paul

Lord Jesus Christ, Son and Word of the Living God, through the prayers of your Most Pure Mother and of all the saints, have mercy on your priest, Paul.

Dear Father Paul,

Father Bless,

I knew an Orthodox hieromonk who also had MCS. He asked permission of his bishop to avoid using incense, and he was able to resume celebrating the Divine Liturgy. Incense was a serious problem for him. At his hermitage, he also asked his guests to avoid wearing or using perfume, cologne, or anything scented including scented detergents, fabric softeners, bath soaps, cologne, hair spray, shampoos, conditioners, and hand lotion whenever they attended Divine Liturgy. That helped him tremendously. 

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2011, 04:45:51 PM »

Lord Jesus Christ, through the prayers of Thy Most Pure Mother and of all the angels and saints, have mercy on Thy Priest Paul.

p.s. Has the Hawaiian Iveron Icon been able to visit Australia?
Many miracles have been worked through the intercession of the Most Holy Theotokos.
I also suffer from MSC and have noticed decreased episodes since venerating her icon.

Dear Maria,

Blessed is our God always, now and forever. Amen.

Some kinds of incense have that effect on me so I have been careful in what I use, thus no problems.

The crux is that I live near the main highway between Sydney & Melbourne (Australia's 2 biggest capital cities). When we moved here years ago the traffic was about an eighth of what it is now. My wife has observed that consistently I wake up coughing at around 4am which is when the truck traffic is the heaviest.  So more pollution drifiting down onto us. The next thing is that this area has experienced a 15 year drought which meant I didn't know that when things went back to normal the soil became swampy (There are the moulds which also cause problems). Finally the last piece of the jigsaw was that people bought the land next to us and built 3 years ago. His hobby is restoring old cars and he built his sheds up against the boundary. He uses whatever he feels like in terms of chemicals.

This is why we have to move. Even though I can shut the house up and use an air purifier/filter, it still doesn't change what is happening outside.

We have a very slim, almost hopeless chance of getting finance this week. In the meantime thanks to the prayers being offered I haven't had any more infections induced by the situation. No buyers for the house. Lord have mercy.

Pray for me a sinner

Paul

Dear Father Paul,

Father Bless,

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2011, 01:34:11 AM »

Prayers for Father Paul and Presbytera Heather, for his restoration to health, that their financial situation resolve favorably, and that she be afforded renewed faith that these trials will come to an end.

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: