OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 12:30:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I also need your prayers.  (Read 1532 times) Average Rating: 0
quietmorning
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

St. Photini

« on: October 27, 2011, 09:16:05 AM »

I have a medical concern and need to go through some more testing.  I am seeing a hematologist on the 9th of November.  I have been very fatigued despite the use of my CPAP mask for months and my white blood cell count is high despite not being sick. 

The other thing I need prayer for is that I'm starting back to school in the spring.  I am 48 years old.  I have no unearthly idea of what I want to be when I grow up. . .I have such diverse interests.  My prior major was pre-med as I was wanted to be a brain surgeon and work with coma patience specifically.  I got very ill after I was nominated for three academic awards. . . so this is part of what I need prayer for. . . I'm afraid to actually enter school as I 'might get sick'. . .and then my doc finds this high white blood count.  I'm really struggling with accepting guidance from my Father's hand of where He actually wants me to be.  If I am accepting this, then this fear wouldn't be here. 

Then there's trying to figure out what I want to do. . . I'm greedy when I look at the courses. . .I want to take them all. . . heh.  But there is a course of study that would lead me back to working with coma patients only on an external therapeutic level.  When I look at this, though - I see a whole bunch of EGO. 

**LAUGHING* so going through the process of going back to school is leading me straight to. . .confession. 

Please pray for me. . .

Thank you.

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
zekarja
High Elder

O Holy Prophet Zechariah, intercede to God for us!

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 09:20:13 AM »

Ya Rabb urham!

IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 09:38:14 AM »

Lord have mercy.

Congrats on going back to school, quietmorning! My mother got her MBA, with absolutely no past experience in business, when she was in her late 40s. I hope you can find the perfect field of study and that you have good health to carry you through the semesters. Smiley

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 10:21:20 AM »

Lord have mercy.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 10:51:26 AM »

May the Lord have mercy upon you, help you discern a good area of study, grant you good health, and help you through the courses!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 10:54:04 AM »

Lord have mercy! I sympathize more than you know with your story.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Mariama

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Previously known as giraffe

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 10:59:51 AM »

Saying a prayer for you that you recover from your illness quickly and without much incident, and for your educational goals. 
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 11:32:12 AM »

Lord, have mercy on Your handmaiden!

Some of my very best students were "nontraditionals" who came back to school after thay had raised a child, or even several children. Right now, I have two female students in my class who is in her mid-40's (one of them with 7 children!), and they both do very well academically. A few years ago, I taught a Master's student who was in her early 60-s. Don't be afraid, you can do it, with the Lord's help!

Love never fails.
Stephanos Nikolaos

Faith: Pre-Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Currently OCA

Hosanna in the highest!

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 12:35:42 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

“But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either.” +Luke 6:27-29
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 12:37:45 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 05:33:56 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
Gamliel
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 10:43:59 PM »

Kyrie Eleison!
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 11:52:09 PM »

my dear, I have went to class with people much older than you, all of them were better focused, and dedicated students. some of the young ones we had in class were too distracted and had to struggle with a lot of things to even want to focus on their school. this is not to say that there were not young and brilliant students but its just to say that every age has its own draw backs and its advantages. so the fact that you have this love of academia, is really great foundation that will ensure you dedication because you are going to be  doing what you love. I pray you find what you want to major in and finish it well. my own experience had been a very frustrating one for many different reasons unlikely stuff kept happening to me, for instance at one time the school i was going to closed due to bankruptcy lol it was a new school the credits could not transfer as i wanted them and i was so discouraged at first but the Lord provided a way so i got to finish what i started somewhere else. your health is a very serious issue, I pray the Lord gives you health and take away the fear and the reason for it.

Lord have mercy!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
quietmorning
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

St. Photini

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 05:59:34 PM »

Thank you, everyone for your prayers.  This past week I was placed into the position of doing something I used to do. . .and had totally forgotten about it.  Wow.  THIS IS IT.  Thank you so very much for your prayers!

On the medical side of things - I saw the Hematologist. . .more tests. . .still no answers, but he doesn't think it's anything significant other than me running around burning both candles at each end and thinking I'm super woman. 

Pft. 

Humble pie, as it were.  **chuckles**

I will not get the test results for five weeks - so Lord have mercy on me a sinner. . . grace and patience are needed. 

Thanks everyone! (((((hugs y'all))))

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: