OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 26, 2014, 03:19:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Muslims Want Catholic School to Provide Room Without Crosses  (Read 7374 times) Average Rating: 0
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2011, 10:59:28 PM »

Of course, of course. My only point is ignorance is not bliss, and people should still care about other people in the world, even if we're only here for a little while.

Pikhristos Aftonf

Faith: Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Diocese of Melbourne

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2011, 11:01:53 PM »

+1
the west should wake up from its fantastical delusion !
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2011, 11:07:29 PM »

Well, as the worm turns.  This is a perfect example of incrementalism.   The nose of the camel inside the tent?  If one is an adult and that adult applies to a Mormon school or a Catholic school that ADULT should understand that it may not comport with his or her personal religious slant.   I suspect that these Muslims have another adgenda ie to cause trouble and to somehow lessen the Catholicity of that school.   Call me paranoid but I see the trends of this religion and it aint pretty.   First it will be the crosses, then prayer time, then special bathrooms for washing their feet, and so on and so on.   

Folks this is what they do............They are at least honest in their intent on disrupting the norm for their sake.  We can show all the love and tolerance in the world for this religion and it will be just thrown aside and ignored.   Look at Egypt today and the problems the Copts are having.   In fact, look at any middle east country that has a Christian minority. 

you Said It my brother! that's a time proven and even now present reality! the wanna be moderate rant  of some that Islam is peace and brotherhood  and tolerance bla bla bla makes me want to retch.

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2011, 11:17:49 PM »

Pikhristos Aftonf:

In addition to what you wrote, a lot of Europeans and Americans don't speak Arabic, so they don't know any better and sometimes assume that the bad things the Middle Eastern Christians tell them about Islam are sour grapes or just blind sectarianism or whatever.

Islam knows how to manipulate things to get good PR for itself, and lots of westerners (I feel like this is particularly true of Americans, but maybe others too) like to root for the "underdog", so when their Muslim "friends" talk about the nakba or Sabra and Shatila or whatever, the Westerners think "Oh, poor Muslims! They are so oppressed!" Their Muslim friends don't tell them about the robberies, forced taxes and other intimidation that the Christian communities around Tel al Zaatar were subjected to before that which led to so much tension and calls for the camp to be closed, and much less about the Damour massacre in 1976 that killed 684 civilians at the hands of the PLO and the LNM. Damour was a Christian town, so of course it never comes up...

So, yes...ignorance and manipulation of the sympathies of the well-meaning but naive westerners. Nobody listens to the Middle Eastern Christians, nobody in the West defends their own values or religion, and so Islam continues to grow unabated. Lord have mercy...

yes even now it gathers force, and i am not sure if Christians are in any better position than they were in before to deal with it today. yes may the Lord have mercy on us. Islam is crafty they even stage the 'desecration' of what they call holy ,when necessary to use it as a pretext to agitate their faithful to do 'the job of the Muslim faithful'. oh there is great union in this movement most of all there is a full and clear understanding of what is Muslim and what is not. and it does not bode well for what is not Muslim in a Muslim world.

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Byron
Moderated
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Nationalist

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2011, 12:23:11 AM »

The sophomoric argument, "Because X group of Muslims/Muslim countries do this, we should do it too," is insane. If we are placing our democracy, values, ideals, economic system above every other country, WHY would we stoop down to that level?

Unless you all want to live in a theocracy or a really corrupt monarchy/"democracy" in the Middle East, then I apologize for my misunderstanding.

sorry to burst your bubble, but its not a certain group of Muslims. Islam encourages Muslims in power to enslave and overpower people of other religions, it is not a religion, but a political cult! i am not saying all muslims are bad, just the ones that actually follow their religion to its fullness!

Fully agree. This is the start of long term infiltration and islamisation by stealth. High birth rates are another weapon they use.

Only by limiting immigration, promoting assimilation into the dominant culture (not multicultarlism) and actively introducing anti-Islamic laws, will the west survive.

Wake up you sheep, the wolves are at the door!!!

I. Metaxas - 4th of August Regime

"Country, Loyalty, Family and Religion".

Nationalism, Monarchy, Family and Orthodoxy.
Pikhristos Aftonf

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2011, 12:38:36 AM »

in Britain, 50% of those under 10 years old are muslim, THAT  is scary!
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2011, 12:48:00 AM »

The sophomoric argument, "Because X group of Muslims/Muslim countries do this, we should do it too," is insane. If we are placing our democracy, values, ideals, economic system above every other country, WHY would we stoop down to that level?

Unless you all want to live in a theocracy or a really corrupt monarchy/"democracy" in the Middle East, then I apologize for my misunderstanding.

sorry to burst your bubble, but its not a certain group of Muslims. Islam encourages Muslims in power to enslave and overpower people of other religions, it is not a religion, but a political cult! i am not saying all muslims are bad, just the ones that actually follow their religion to its fullness!

Fully agree. This is the start of long term infiltration and islamisation by stealth. High birth rates are another weapon they use.

Only by limiting immigration, promoting assimilation into the dominant culture (not multicultarlism) and actively introducing anti-Islamic laws, will the west survive.

Try evangelizing, to the self and to others.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2011, 12:57:39 AM »

Agreed, Isa. Evangelism will crush Islam, because as the Islamic scriptures put it, "truth stands clear from error". Against the truth, Islam has no chance. As was likewise said to come long ago from the mouth of a pious Muslim (one surely much more learned than Muhammad), "were it not for the fear of the government and of shame before men, many would become Christians."

Regarding the "some muslims" idea: Acquaintances I have known who have converted from Islam to Orthodoxy and from Islam to Catholicism have told me that it is pointless to look at 'some' Muslims are doing now, either good or bad. What really matters for pious Muslims, according to these people who have lived in Islam, is actually something similar to what we might look to in Christianity: How did the first generations of adherents view the religion, especially the parts/passages that now seem contentious (i.e., the ones that Muslims try to explain away in order to make us believe that Islam means "peace")? When you look at that, you see that the early Muslims understood these commands to slay polytheists, to fight the people until "all religion is for Allah" (i.e., until everyone is Muslim), etc. exactly as they appear to be written -- as commands. And when Muhammad apparently said (recorded in one of the collections of "hadeeth") that whoever changes his religion should be killed, they took that literally, too. They still do.

The philosophizing or de-materializing of these problematic verses and ideas didn't come around until much, much later. These are modern "neo-Muslim" ideas that are foreign to the history and major personalities of Islam. The Islamic "fatuhat" were offensive wars. Islam is still waging these offensive wars against us, though most have learned to not be quite so explicit about it as bin Laden was...at least not right now.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 12:58:12 AM by dzheremi » Logged

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2011, 03:13:23 AM »

Why don't the Muslim students just get a nearby mosque to let them meet there, and they can call themselves the Muslim Students Association of Catholic University?  They could also prayer at that same mosque.

Honestly though, this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.  If you have so many issues with Christian symbols, and images of priests and theologians (who could very well be faculty at Catholic), then why would you go to a school named CATHOLIC University of America?

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2011, 03:13:24 AM »

WHY the double standards? are christians allowed to go to an Islamic school? are christians allowed to eat pork at an islamic school? are christians allowed to eat during ramadan at islamic schools?
if you can answer yes to all the above, then muslims can have their cross-free room!
i insist, islam is double-faced one for the west and one in their own arab countries! Chrisitians are kiled for not wearing hijab, they are jailed for not fasting during ramadan, Qur'an encourages this! some would say : this is not representative of islam, just a small portion of muslims- to you i say "the qur'an teaches muslims that christians are the " children and grandchildren of monkeys and pigs" and are to be "killed wherever you might see them", are these the principles we want at catholic schools?"

Actually, there is an Islamic college that just recently opened in California.  They encourage Christians to attend.  I assume that they do not have a campus-wide ban on pork, nor a campus-wide ban on food during Ramadan.  If you would like, I will call them tomorrow and ask these questions.  However, another question is: would it be the Christian thing to do to ban Muslims from Christian colleges?  Are we not supposed to love our enemies?  If someone slaps us across the face, did Christ say "And then ye shall indeed be compelled to beat them furiously with a baseball bat or two-by-four" or did He say "turn the other cheek"?  

On the pork and fasting, why should we need a ban to not tempt Muslims into breaking their fast?  Would you appreciate it if Protestants went out of their way to consume non-fasting foods around you during Great Lent?  

As for the rest of your post, do you not realize that many Muslims are in the United States specifically because they wanted to FLEE from the countries they used to live in or their grandparents or parents chose to flee?  Many Muslims IN Iran disagree with many of Iran's laws - think how much more those who FLED Iran might disagree with them.  Many Muslims IN Saudi Arabia disagree with many of Saudi Arabia's laws - think how much more those who FLED Saudi Arabia might disagree with them.

Islam, like Orthodoxy and Christianity more broadly, cannot be forced into a nice tiny box labeled "Islam".  People are not all the same, even people who share over-arching religious beliefs.  Your post shows an incredible amount of malice, an incredible amount of ignorance, and an incredibly small amount of Christian charity.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2011, 03:13:24 AM »

So Muslims don't have high birth rates in Muslim countries?  Or is the reason that they have children over there so that they can recruit them into the World Army of Islam for when they invade the West?  I already know that the Muslims here are sleeper agents for it, an ex-Muslim recently told me the phrase that will wake them all up and start the take-over; they'll start saying it to each other in Continental Europe first, then Britain.  Lastly will be America.

If Protestants had limited immigration and promoted assimilation, and actively introduced anti-Catholic and Orthodox laws, (more than they did), we might find that today America would only have Episcopalians and other Protestants.  This situation works both ways.  Don't forget that, at one time, the vast majority of Protestants viewed Catholics as equal to heathens, and viewed Orthodox as funny Catholics.

vorgos

« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2011, 04:25:19 AM »

in Britain, 50% of those under 10 years old are muslim, THAT  is scary!

Do you have any facts to go with that? I googled a bit on this and I did not find much. It sounds suspiciously like a bad chain mail rumour....

http://www.eurasiareview.com/19042011-muslims-are-not-a-minority-oped/
In Belgium, 50 percent of newborns are Muslim

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/more_or_less/8189434.stm
in the Netherlands, 50% of all newborns are Muslim

I understand that certain individuals are pushing this idea but it doesn't make it so.

Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2011, 05:12:25 AM »

in Britain, 50% of those under 10 years old are muslim, THAT  is scary!

There are 2.7million Muslims in Britain.

The census figures for 2001 puts the population in Britain at just under 59mil with 42,079,000 Christian (71.6%), with Muslims at 1,591,000 (2.7%). I don't see how 50% under 10 years old can be Muslim. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_United_Kingdom#Islam
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 05:13:19 AM by Riddikulus » Logged

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2011, 07:16:58 AM »

The census figures for 2001 puts the population in Britain at just under 59mil with 42,079,000 Christian (71.6%), with Muslims at 1,591,000 (2.7%). I don't see how 50% under 10 years old can be Muslim. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_United_Kingdom#Islam

Clearly, it is because in the last ten years, all of the Christians stopped having children, and all the Muslim women had at least one every two years.

JoeS
(aka StMarkEofE)
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

Global Warming Enthusiast.

« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2011, 12:02:38 PM »

which many Muslim students find inappropriate.”"

Are there "many" Muslim students at Catholic University?

I have a solution for them. http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=mosques+near+%22Catholic+University%22+Washington+DC

These days, this group has a disproportionate influence on our society.  It seems it doesnt matter how many they are they get the most attention.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2011, 02:35:08 PM »

Clearly, it is because in the last ten years, all of the Christians stopped having children, and all the Muslim women had at least one every two years.
That statement, however, is predicated on the truth of the assertion that over 50% of those under 10 in the U.K. are Muslim. AISI, this assertion is the thing you and others have been asked to prove. Merely repeating the assertion in different words doesn't prove the assertion.
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Denver

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2011, 02:46:50 PM »

Why can't they just form their group at a local mosque or Islamic society like Christian youth groups do (at Churches)?

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2011, 03:35:58 PM »

That statement, however, is predicated on the truth of the assertion that over 50% of those under 10 in the U.K. are Muslim. AISI, this assertion is the thing you and others have been asked to prove. Merely repeating the assertion in different words doesn't prove the assertion.

Riddikulus disproved it mathematically.  Methinks James is being either very sarcastic or very ridiculous.  Having read his posts in the past I lean towards the former.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2011, 03:41:28 PM »

Riddikulus disproved it mathematically.
Actually, she didn't, since the census she cited was 10 years ago. Much may have changed in the British demographics since then (though I really doubt that much did).
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2011, 03:58:44 PM »

Why can't they just form their group at a local mosque or Islamic society like Christian youth groups do (at Churches)?

On account that that ain't what the Qur'an tells 'em to do.  Any how, seems to me that there's way too many jackaces who are anxious to appease these people (You're dead wrong, President Hussein, we ARE at war with Islam).  Soooo, all y'all best start saving up for your jizya tax.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2011, 04:35:40 PM »

On account that that ain't what the Qur'an tells 'em to do.  Any how, seems to me that there's way too many jackaces who are anxious to appease these people (You're dead wrong, President Hussein, we ARE at war with Islam).  Soooo, all y'all best start saving up for your jizya tax.

Can the jizya be paid in copper coated lead?
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2011, 05:03:00 PM »

Can the jizya be paid in copper coated lead?

LOL!  I reckon we 'bout to find out 'fore too long.  Maybe sooner if they start pullin' that shi'ite down here in my neck 'o the woods.  For the record, I don't advocate violence as the first resort, but if they wanna play ball...  Wink

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
podkarpatska
Warned
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2011, 05:54:29 PM »

So Muslims don't have high birth rates in Muslim countries?  Or is the reason that they have children over there so that they can recruit them into the World Army of Islam for when they invade the West?  I already know that the Muslims here are sleeper agents for it, an ex-Muslim recently told me the phrase that will wake them all up and start the take-over; they'll start saying it to each other in Continental Europe first, then Britain.  Lastly will be America.

If Protestants had limited immigration and promoted assimilation, and actively introduced anti-Catholic and Orthodox laws, (more than they did), we might find that today America would only have Episcopalians and other Protestants.  This situation works both ways.  Don't forget that, at one time, the vast majority of Protestants viewed Catholics as equal to heathens, and viewed Orthodox as funny Catholics.

I often am amazed at how little of their own family history many cradle Orthodox retain, especially the truth about what their great, or great-great grandparents had to face in terms of ignorance and prejudice. Try researching the Klan in the northern cities of the 1920's. HAd the ruling, white Protestant class embraced a 1920's version of non-multi-culturalism, many of us would still be living in ethnic ghettos in the large cities, speaking poor English as a second language and still be  really 'embracing' our foreign ways - seething all the time with resentment against those who established the rules. Don't delude yourselves - in spite of the depression, in spite of ever the more restrictive immigration laws and in spite of the great 'Red Scare', the nativists failed to prevail.

And, FYI, many evangelical Protestant leaders, to the extent they even acknowledge our existence, STILL regard us as unsaved heathens and as 'funny Catholics.' The phrase, 'those who forget the past are condemned to repeat its errors' does work both ways and while we should understand the motivations and beliefs of some Muslims, we must be careful with respect to making general claims or unsubstaniated rumor mongering lest we make fools of ourselves in the process like this guy:  http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/ad-gun-training-bars-muslims-obama-voters-153954962.html
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 05:58:23 PM by podkarpatska » Logged
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2011, 06:15:20 PM »

Riddikulus disproved it mathematically.
Actually, she didn't, since the census she cited was 10 years ago. Much may have changed in the British demographics since then (though I really doubt that much did).

That's true. It hasn't. I believe that the popultion for Britain is currently around 62mil. Can't find what the current statistics are regarding Muslim numbers.

Edited. According http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1351251/Number-British-Muslims-double-5-5m-20-years.html Muslim numbers are currently at 2.8mil  Huh in the UK. By the year 2030 that number will have doubled. Projected figures for the Muslim population of the world in 2030 is 2.2billion which is 26.4% of the world population.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:26:50 PM by Riddikulus » Logged

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
jnorm888
Jnorm
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Icon and Cross (international space station)

« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2011, 07:18:00 PM »

I have a solution for them: don't attend a Christian school.

Actually, I think it should read  "don't attend a Catholic school"(that actually believes what it preaches)!  There are plenty of Christian schools out there where you would never be able to detect a "Christian" identity.

Sad, but true!

"loving one's enemies does not mean loving wickedness, ungodliness, adultery, or theft. Rather, it means loving the theif, the ungodly, and the adulterer." Clement of Alexandria 195 A.D.

http://ancientchristiandefender.blogspot.com/
Pikhristos Aftonf

« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2011, 08:06:04 PM »

i retract my statement as i don't have enough evidence, but the closest i get is that from 0-4 years old muslims represent 11%, but that doesn't give an indicator as to the percentage of births by muslims is.
Byron
Moderated
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Nationalist

« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2011, 12:01:44 AM »

So Muslims don't have high birth rates in Muslim countries?  Or is the reason that they have children over there so that they can recruit them into the World Army of Islam for when they invade the West?  I already know that the Muslims here are sleeper agents for it, an ex-Muslim recently told me the phrase that will wake them all up and start the take-over; they'll start saying it to each other in Continental Europe first, then Britain.  Lastly will be America.

If Protestants had limited immigration and promoted assimilation, and actively introduced anti-Catholic and Orthodox laws, (more than they did), we might find that today America would only have Episcopalians and other Protestants.  This situation works both ways.  Don't forget that, at one time, the vast majority of Protestants viewed Catholics as equal to heathens, and viewed Orthodox as funny Catholics.

I often am amazed at how little of their own family history many cradle Orthodox retain, especially the truth about what their great, or great-great grandparents had to face in terms of ignorance and prejudice. Try researching the Klan in the northern cities of the 1920's. HAd the ruling, white Protestant class embraced a 1920's version of non-multi-culturalism, many of us would still be living in ethnic ghettos in the large cities, speaking poor English as a second language and still be  really 'embracing' our foreign ways - seething all the time with resentment against those who established the rules. Don't delude yourselves - in spite of the depression, in spite of ever the more restrictive immigration laws and in spite of the great 'Red Scare', the nativists failed to prevail.

And, FYI, many evangelical Protestant leaders, to the extent they even acknowledge our existence, STILL regard us as unsaved heathens and as 'funny Catholics.' The phrase, 'those who forget the past are condemned to repeat its errors' does work both ways and while we should understand the motivations and beliefs of some Muslims, we must be careful with respect to making general claims or unsubstaniated rumor mongering lest we make fools of ourselves in the process like this guy:  http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/ad-gun-training-bars-muslims-obama-voters-153954962.html

I have no doubt that what you say was true. However the past is the past and Islamic immigration,  mindset and ultimate goals are a different ball game all together.

Orthodox European migrants never set out to impose their religious beliefs on others, set up Islamist parties or try and impose their segregated separate ways, laws, customs in the midst on the majority like the people in this article. Poor yes, but they were not barbarians with a mentality straight out of the middle ages.

There may be moderate or secular Muslims, well educated etc but where exactly are their allegiances going to lie when the shit hits the fan? The floodgates are already open and islamisation will continue to increase until they make up 10% then 20% of the population and so on until they totally takeover just like Lebanon and Palestine.

I. Metaxas - 4th of August Regime

"Country, Loyalty, Family and Religion".

Nationalism, Monarchy, Family and Orthodoxy.
Pikhristos Aftonf

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2011, 12:20:28 AM »

as i always say, the only good muslim, is the muslim that doesn't follow islam.
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2011, 01:08:39 AM »

Riddikulus disproved it mathematically.  Methinks James is being either very sarcastic or very ridiculous.  Having read his posts in the past I lean towards the former.

I was being very sarcastic...I didn't realize my sarcasm wasn't evident.

mark thomas

Faith: orthodox
Jurisdiction: antioch

« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2011, 01:13:20 PM »

According to this relatated article from the Huffington Post, the school denies having received complaints from the muslim students. The article seems to imply the action was taken by a law professor,under his own initiative (my own interpretation).

The school says they have not received complaints from students themselves, Fox News points out

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/28/muslim-students-catholic-university_n_1064048.html

"Who touches, is also touched"
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2011, 01:19:59 PM »

(You're dead wrong, President Hussein, we ARE at war with Islam). 

"My country desires peace," Bush told world leaders in the cavernous main hall at the U.N. "Extremists in your midst spread propaganda claiming that the West is engaged in a war against Islam. This propaganda is false and its purpose is to confuse you and justify acts of terror. We respect Islam."

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2011, 01:47:08 PM »

Well, Jetavan, it is G.W. Bush's mealy-mouthed pablum versus the 9/11 commission report, which states unequivocally that "...the enemy is not just 'terrorism', some generic evil....the catastrophic threat at this moment in history is more specific. It is a threat posed by Islamist terrorism -- especially the al Qaeda network, its affiliates, and its ideology." (p. 362; italics in original)

PC waffle emboldens these Islamist nutcases. The president may have very good reasons at any given time for not wanting to say "we are at war with Islam" (after all, why needlessly antagonize nearly two billion people?), but that doesn't make reality anything other than what it is. Personally I am fine with being at war with Islam, because Islam has been at war with everything that isn't itself for 1400 years and counting. I would rather fight for my right to live freely than have to pronounce the shahada so that Muslims don't think I'm a meanie.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 01:49:10 PM by dzheremi » Logged

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2011, 02:39:54 PM »

i thought they respected Jesus and the fact that he died on the cross?

They say he never died on the cross.
One of the craziest theories ever purported.

Don't they also say he moved the rock with his own hands?

There are various theories about how he didn't die. It shows how much of a scandal it was to the Semitic mind that a great prophet much less God would die in such a way.

Almost as bad as telling a Greek that God changed much less died, that whole moronic part of the Gospel. Seems to hold to this day.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 02:40:08 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
BoredMeeting
Loving the Life of a Council Member
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Catholic Christian
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox/OCA

« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2011, 03:58:19 PM »

(You're dead wrong, President Hussein, we ARE at war with Islam). 

"My country desires peace," Bush told world leaders in the cavernous main hall at the U.N. "Extremists in your midst spread propaganda claiming that the West is engaged in a war against Islam. This propaganda is false and its purpose is to confuse you and justify acts of terror. We respect Islam."
There is no doubt, however, that Islam is at war with us.
bergschlawiner

Sarisan

« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2011, 02:40:33 AM »

Yes, It always has to be THEIR way!!!!
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Old Calendar)

« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2011, 02:49:50 AM »

There are various theories about how he didn't die. It shows how much of a scandal it was to the Semitic mind that a great prophet much less God would die in such a way.

Almost as bad as telling a Greek that God changed much less died, that whole moronic part of the Gospel. Seems to hold to this day.

Post of the month!
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2011, 09:38:25 AM »

Going to their own school would not enable them to sue people.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
mark thomas

Faith: orthodox
Jurisdiction: antioch

« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2011, 11:16:52 AM »

Going to their own school would not enable them to sue people.

As far as I can tell, it is only Prof. John Banzhof that is suing or agitating. He seems to be acting as a lone agent provocateur in this (makes me wonder why - member of the Moslem Brotherhood? Disgruntled? Confrontational disorder?) The Moslem students quoted have their own organization and seem comfortable and content in their current situation.

http://www.cuatower.com/news/2011/10/20/university-accused-of-discriminating-against-muslims/
Also see article I linked in reply #74.

"Who touches, is also touched"
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: