OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 11:19:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: England: Russian Orthodox congregation to hold service at Greek parish  (Read 558 times) Average Rating: 0
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« on: November 04, 2011, 10:57:14 PM »

In Bentham, England, a Russian Orthodox congregation will hold a service at a Greek Orthodox parish. The event will take place Nov. 5.

From the article:
Father Vladimir Vilgerts, rector of the church's cathedral in London, will lead the service, which will include ancient Russian chants.

He said: "It is especially rewarding that so many people from a range of Christian backgrounds have expressed interest in our community here in Gloucestershire."

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 12:09:19 AM »

Good to see.  Shouldn't be abnormal, but I suppose it is a bit.

When the Kursk Root Icon toured last year, the ROCOR folks did a joint vigil with the Greeks at my parish.  It was seamless and great, but "my folk" later complained about how crowded it was and the length of the service.  At least it was a reminder that there are other Orthodox peoples, and that some universality exists.

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Tags: England  Russian Orthodox Church  Greek Orthodox Church 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: