Author Topic: England: Russian Orthodox congregation to hold service at Greek parish  (Read 659 times)

Offline biro

• Elevator lady, levitate me
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
In Bentham, England, a Russian Orthodox congregation will hold a service at a Greek Orthodox parish. The event will take place Nov. 5.

From the article:
Father Vladimir Vilgerts, rector of the church's cathedral in London, will lead the service, which will include ancient Russian chants.

He said: "It is especially rewarding that so many people from a range of Christian backgrounds have expressed interest in our community here in Gloucestershire."

Offline Cognomen

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
  • Ungrateful Biped
Re: England: Russian Orthodox congregation to hold service at Greek parish
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 12:09:19 AM »
Good to see.  Shouldn't be abnormal, but I suppose it is a bit.

When the Kursk Root Icon toured last year, the ROCOR folks did a joint vigil with the Greeks at my parish.  It was seamless and great, but "my folk" later complained about how crowded it was and the length of the service.  At least it was a reminder that there are other Orthodox peoples, and that some universality exists.
North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).