OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 01:04:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Losing interest and possibly belief...what to do?  (Read 4216 times) Average Rating: 0
Isadore

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Mediterranean

« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2011, 06:22:24 AM »

I have depression too, and it has played a part in my "interest", in both intense interest and intense disinterest.

You may simply be coming into a different kind of faith. I don't know if this is an appropriate comparison, but I can compare it to teenage puppy love, compared to adult marital settling down love. Maybe a better one, a relationship with parents that goes through trials and comes through.

No matter how old you get, aging always means changes, and changing can involve your relationship with God. Right now I have a friend who is exploring why God doesn't always answer prayers, and at this point I've been through that and it's a non-issue for me.

Depression can play a big part in this because of how you perceive things around you. When I'm not depressed, going for a walk can be the most pleasant and wonderful thing ever. When I am depressed it is boring, seen this already, barely there, not paying attention. If a relationship with God seems co-dependent, you are just not receiving the good parts, and that could be no fault of your own.

"Acquire a peaceful spirit, and around you thousands will be saved."
Tags: accidie 
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: