OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 18, 2014, 09:53:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "propers" for vespers & matins in traditional language  (Read 1390 times) Average Rating: 0
pilgrim727

OC.net

« on: August 31, 2004, 09:07:40 PM »

I have a book with the various hours in a modern style of English and have downloaded the traditional-language form from the internet.  However, I have found the troparia, etc. for each day only in the modern style of language on the internet.  I cannot afford to buy triodion, pentecostarion, and menaion for each month; so, is there any website with these readings for vespers and matins?

Also, how do I find on which days the canon is used at matins and which odes are sung?

Porter

NULL
spartacus
Elder

OC.net

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 11:05:11 AM »

I have a book with the various hours in a modern style of English and have downloaded the traditional-language form from the internet.  However, I have found the troparia, etc. for each day only in the modern style of language on the internet.  I cannot afford to buy triodion, pentecostarion, and menaion for each month; so, is there any website with these readings for vespers and matins?

Also, how do I find on which days the canon is used at matins and which odes are sung?

Porter

I would direct you to pose this question to the priest at your parish.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 11:25:40 AM »

Regarding Troparia and a few other such things, the Horologion by Holy Transfiguration Monastery has those for the entire year (and the cycle of services as well). It also is in "traditional" language. However,  I think it is about $120, and it is quite large (way too big to hold during an entire service, if that's what you are used to; you'd need a table or podium or something).

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
icxn
Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 03:32:56 PM »

On the other hand .... you can just pray simply... if prayer is what you are after that is. Smiley
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: