OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 03:07:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Armenian Catholicos Aram I meets with CA Governor Brown  (Read 548 times) Average Rating: 0
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« on: October 18, 2011, 06:27:03 AM »

Catholicos Aram I of the Armenian Apostolic Church met with California Governor Jerry Brown on Thursday.

From the article:
During the more than one hour meeting, the two leaders discussed issues of importance and concern to the Armenian community of California, as well as ecumenical matters, especially relations between the Catholic and Orthodox Churches. Given Gov. Brown’s theological background, the aforementioned issued were addressed within that context.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 08:19:11 AM »

One has to admit regardless of your politics, that Gov. Brown, now in his 70's, has led an interesting and varied life. For the benefit of our non-American readers and those who probably don't remember him from his younger days, Brown attended (I don't recall if he graduated) seminary but decided not to become a Catholic priest. Hence the reference to his'theological background'. He has also dabbled in other ascetic traditions although I never heard of him expressing any interest in Orthodoxy.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 08:19:28 AM by podkarpatska » Logged
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 11:23:56 PM »

If Brown's "theological" abilities and beliefs are akin to his "political" beliefs, the Catholic Church and her faithful should be very glad he was not ordained. 

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Tags: California  Armenian Orthodox  Armenian Apostolic Church  Aram I  Jerry Brown 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: