Author Topic: Met your patriarchs?  (Read 3442 times)

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: In Hell I'll be in good company
Re: Met your patriarchs?
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2018, 09:01:32 PM »
In order of meeting:
Abp. Dmitri of Dallas (of blessed memory)
Abp. Nikon of Boston
Met. Jonah (OCA)
Met. Alexios of Atlanta
Met. Tikhon (OCA)
Met. Hilarion (ROCOR)
Met. Onufry of Kiev
Abp. Alexander of Dallas
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: In Hell I'll be in good company
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2018, 09:03:30 PM »
I've met a few visiting bishops, and I've seen Metropolitan Alexios.
If it was at a service you probably heard him too -- he always chants as loudly as humanly possible!  ;D

I had the chance to be at the kliros with him during a liturgy (he didn't serve it) once.  A very good, loud voice!  He's a good teacher.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2018, 08:07:55 AM »
1. Serbian patriarch Irinej that I consider MY patriarch although technically I belong to Polish Orthodox Church
2. Ecumenical patriarch Bartholomew
3. Russian patriarch Cyrill
4. Jerusalem patriarch Theopilos III
5. Metropolitan of Poland Sava
6. Archibishop of Cyprus Chrysostom II
7. Metropolitan of Moldova Vladimir
8. Patriarch of Antioch John X (plus interview with him)
9. Head of the OCA, metropolitan Tichon (two days ago even managed to get personal blessing among thousands of pilgrims on the Holy Mount Grabarka, and got a paper icon of st. Herman of Alaska from his hands)
10. Head of the Antiochian Church in North America, metropolitan Joseph.

Greek Patriarch of Alexandria, Teophilos II, will be visiting Polnad in September, but there is a high probability that I'll be away.
Ha, 11. Greek Patriarch of Alexandria, Teodor II (why I had written "Teophilos"? lol).
I took personal blessing from him, he said in Church Slavonic "s prasdnikom" (it's a festal greeting) and that's it, unfortunately ddin't manage to talk with him a bit. He's in Poland from yesterday and it was probably much more better option to go to attend Doxology in our metropolita cathedral, but I was in Mazury (a region in Poland famous for its "1000 forests and lakes") and today he visited our parish, but the whole deletagion was so much delayed, that they just entered the chruch, the pope hanted from memroy troparion to st. John Climacus (patron of our parish) blessed the people and went with hierarchy to the rectory to eat and drink something (but parsiohioners, I think even't not all preists, even the choir director that's also a professor weren't invited :/ ).
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Aram

• High Elder
  • Faith: Armenian Orthodox
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2018, 12:59:30 PM »
As far as the Catholicoi of Etchmiadzin, who were/are my patriarchs.

Had the opportunity to be blessed by HH Vasken I when I was a small child, had a few interactions with HH Karekin I during his short pontificate, then a few with HH Karekin II over the years, both in Armenia and the US. I was incredibly impressed with HH Karekin I, to say the least. Completely down to earth, an incredible presence. I'm too young to really remember HH Vasken's visit. And I'll leave it at that.

Archbishops and bishops, both EO and OO, I've met a ton over the years, too many to count. Also had a private audience with Abp. Torkom Manoogian, Armenian Patriarch of Jerusalem, who was one of the most impressive hierarchs I've ever met.

Offline HaydenTE

• OC.net guru
  • Always honest, occasionally correct.
  • Faith: In theory RCC; in practice OCA
  • Jurisdiction: My annual fall lust for Amer. Puritanism
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2018, 03:51:51 PM »
Metropolitan Tikhon (OCA) - attended a Presanctified Liturgy at my parish, gave a brief "children's' sermon" (ended up being directed to everyone) afterward.
Metropolitan Joseph (AAoNA) - popped in during my iconography class at the Antiochian Village this past summer, gave a blessing and a short Q&A with words of encouragement.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 03:52:16 PM by HaydenTE »
"For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" - Mark 8:36 (DRA)

Offline Orthodox_Slav

• A sinful servant of God.
  • High Elder
  • Christ Enthroned
  • Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2018, 06:27:20 PM »
Metropolitan Tikhon (OCA) - attended a Presanctified Liturgy at my parish, gave a brief "children's' sermon" (ended up being directed to everyone) afterward.
Metropolitan Joseph (AAoNA) - popped in during my iconography class at the Antiochian Village this past summer, gave a blessing and a short Q&A with words of encouragement.

What's AAoNA stand For?
"Two Romes fell, a third stands, and there will not be a fourth one."—Philotheus of Pskov

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2018, 06:46:24 PM »

What's AAoNA stand For?

Antiochian Archdiocese of North America
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline Orthodox_Slav

• A sinful servant of God.
  • High Elder
  • Christ Enthroned
  • Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2018, 07:34:29 PM »

What's AAoNA stand For?

Antiochian Archdiocese of North America

Thanks
"Two Romes fell, a third stands, and there will not be a fourth one."—Philotheus of Pskov