OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 18, 2014, 07:53:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you cook?  (Read 12537 times) Average Rating: 0
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #270 on: September 04, 2012, 07:48:57 PM »

Here's what I had for lunch today.  Mmm, tasty...
Ok so I assume a woman who can cook is at the top of your list when doing online dating searches right?

Au contraire, I have a pot of gumbo on the stove right now. 

First bite in is pretty good.  The cayenne gives an after-kick.  And you'd better believe it's okra heavy! 

[Three minutes later because I am typing this as I eat...] Raspberry ale does go good in gumbo.  I may or may not have knocked over my beer onto my bowl and my pants.  I'd make a great trailer park house wife as I am barefoot and in the kitchen.  And my stomach does give the impression of pregnancy.

But yeah, the gumbo is pretty good.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #271 on: September 04, 2012, 07:58:55 PM »

Ok so what you need is a girl who is an expert in food coloring.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #272 on: September 12, 2012, 08:58:48 PM »

Dinner tonight:
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #273 on: September 12, 2012, 08:59:30 PM »

^ I'm afraid to ask what's in there  Cheesy

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #274 on: September 12, 2012, 09:56:00 PM »

I grilled up some ribs recently:

They were very good.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #275 on: September 12, 2012, 10:05:39 PM »

Cute pot holder!  Grin   Meat looks tasty as well...

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #276 on: September 12, 2012, 11:07:34 PM »

They were very good.

No invite?

Your Bengals suck more than ever.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #277 on: September 13, 2012, 01:08:19 AM »

I recently discovered, after running out of the cooked food I'd brought with me to my apartment, that I can cook (at least) basic food to a decent level.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
That person
OC.net guru

« Reply #278 on: September 15, 2012, 07:17:30 PM »

They were very good.

No invite?

Your Bengals suck more than ever.
Ah, I KNEW I was forgetting something. Two things actually. Inviting you and garlic powder. Won't happen again. Not sure how my folks will feel about internet people showing up for dinner, or how my sisters will handle the presence of such good lookingness, but you will receive an invite.

And yeah, Monday night was an awful display, but there's no guarantee that wasn't a fluke!

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #279 on: October 27, 2012, 04:42:08 PM »

I just watched a segment on TV on how they make black pudding. Truly the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. Europeans are crazy.

Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #280 on: October 27, 2012, 04:47:54 PM »

I just watched a segment on TV on how they make black pudding. Truly the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. Europeans are crazy.

But only the British do that  Cry

"But slay her he did not, for between dream and deed laws and practicalities remain"
-Willem Elschot, 'The Marriage'.
Fabio Leite
Archon

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #281 on: October 27, 2012, 05:10:58 PM »

I've been improving the art of making hamburgers lately. After many failures in achieving a crunchy exterior with a juicy interior, I followed my boss advice and acquired a thick cast iron frypan. Perfection. Smiley

I use normal minced meat, barbecue salt, arabic pepper. Today I added chipotle and it was very good. Smiley

Many Energies, Three Persons, Two Natures, One God.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #282 on: October 27, 2012, 05:42:04 PM »

I can prepare a mean Top Ramen--with my mother's guidance of course.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #283 on: October 27, 2012, 05:44:45 PM »

I can prepare a mean Top Ramen--with my mother's guidance of course.

Same here.

"But slay her he did not, for between dream and deed laws and practicalities remain"
-Willem Elschot, 'The Marriage'.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #284 on: October 27, 2012, 06:00:22 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

I've been improving the art of making hamburgers lately. After many failures in achieving a crunchy exterior with a juicy interior, I followed my boss advice and acquired a thick cast iron frypan. Perfection. Smiley

I use normal minced meat, barbecue salt, arabic pepper. Today I added chipotle and it was very good. Smiley

My grandmother only cooks red meat on cast-iron.  Its the way to go but I'm to lazy, its a serious clean up. 

The trick to hamburgers is the same as steak, long and low, and only flip twice. This keeps the flavor and juices inside, and DON'T smash it with a spatula, that dries it out!  Let the meat cook slowly and simmer. For hamburgers its about 4 minutes a side, for steaks about 7-10 minutes a side.  I used to get these Brisket steaks, Lord have His mercy that was good meat.  However, typically brisket, even a little 3/4 lb 1 inch steak took a solid HOUR in the pan..

Just finished cooking some delicious chuck steak with sauted onions, pan fried with the long and low method.  I usually cook Rib Eye, its worth bein a steak snob when you find the good deals and through it in the freezer.  Patience is a virtue when it comes to pan frying a steak, because you need to cook out the grease without drying out the meat.  I haven't been cooking much lately, everybody in the house has been so busy and on different schedules it hasn't been worth the trouble just to cook for me, so I've been eating out.  Plus, a few good take-out joints in walking distance of my house have simply blown away my kitchen, and I cook fairly well at that!

My favorite things to make at home:

Fried Chicken Breast Fritters, hand battered.  Nothing beats hand battered chicken, period.  Its taken me years to get down a perfect marinade and flour ratio.  Marinade is the key here, chicken is essentially without flavor, so you need to add this.  Most people don't, and their chicken is bland.  I got the best marinades for the right chicken.  I make mine Cajun spicy, and I add some green curry to the marinade for that zing minus the burn.  I also put red chile powders in the flour with black pepper.  No eggs, just milk, and double dip the milk-flour-milk-flour method to get the perfect texture.  I learned that watching the folks at Churches Chicken Wink

I also make different marinades to pan fry Chicken Fajitas or tacos by making it more spicy and adding onions, bell peppers, and cilantro to the marinade.  I love that too..  Heat up some tortillas LA ghetto-fabulously on the burner and dinner is served, and you don't have to have that pretend from-a-can-or-a-bag "Mexican" (err. Mexican't) food  police

Nobody messes with my home-fries y'all, no one!  Pass the ketchup please..

I can essentially cook chicken anyone you need too.  Of course I'm no good on the grill  Undecided

During fasting season you've got to have my beans and rice, its a blend of Mexican style meets Jamaican peas and rice.  Bam Bam deliciosos! I do much more cooking during fasting season, spiced lentil patties, curried chick peas, beans and rice, veggie burgers, stir fry with cabbage and veggies, sometimes I splurge and get that soy-protein "American food" like Chick'N and make some country fried chicken or take-out Chinese style Orange Chicken.  Rice is the hardest thing I EVER learned to make, and it still always gets me nervous like a first date in middle school.

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 06:06:14 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
That person
OC.net guru

« Reply #285 on: November 02, 2012, 01:07:37 AM »

I'm improving my skill with fried chicken.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #286 on: November 02, 2012, 01:16:54 AM »

Habte, please post recipes for everything you just said.

Sincerely,
My salivating mouth.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #287 on: November 02, 2012, 03:15:41 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Habte, please post recipes for everything you just said.

Sincerely,
My salivating mouth.

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #288 on: November 02, 2012, 03:23:25 PM »

you have to braai hamburgers, there is seriously no other way to perfect them. I mean, yes, you can cook them inside or on a pan, but putting them on the braai is the absolute best way

SCREW BON JOVI!
Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #289 on: November 03, 2012, 10:10:56 AM »

you have to braai hamburgers, there is seriously no other way to perfect them. I mean, yes, you can cook them inside or on a pan, but putting them on the braai is the absolute best way

I live in an apartment, and being a single man and having no woman around to stop me from doing silly and potentially lethal experiments, I did try to light one of these things in the laundry. It's nice if you like the smell of coal and meat in the place you live for a couple of days. Smiley

On the plus side, I just made burguers filled with requeijão. Precious. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 10:13:29 AM by Fabio Leite » Logged

That person
OC.net guru

« Reply #290 on: November 03, 2012, 11:29:01 AM »

The trick to hamburgers is the same as steak, long and low, and only flip twice. This keeps the flavor and juices inside, and DON'T smash it with a spatula, that dries it out!  Let the meat cook slowly and simmer. For hamburgers its about 4 minutes a side, for steaks about 7-10 minutes a side.  I used to get these Brisket steaks, Lord have His mercy that was good meat.  However, typically brisket, even a little 3/4 lb 1 inch steak took a solid HOUR in the pan..

How done does that get it? I generally find about 2-3 minutes a side on the grill is good for steak, and you need to have as much heat as you can get. So pretty much the opposite of what you said.

Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #291 on: November 03, 2012, 09:57:28 PM »

On the plus side, I just made burguers filled with requeijão. Precious. Smiley

From this description, it sounds like the requeijão was stuffed within the ground meat. For example, rolling the ground meat with a rolling pin, adding the requeijão in the middle and then folding the ground mead over it. Alternatively, you could be referring to using the requeijão as a sauce which is poured on top of the ground beef. The former sounds more interesting, the latter sounds like a variation of a cheese burger (although possibly superior to cheddar cheese). Our Ricotta brand here is called Precious, so it must be good for this purpose.
Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #292 on: November 03, 2012, 10:06:32 PM »

Get a layer of raw meat, requeijão over it, and another layer of meat. carefully seal with the meat itself and then fry it. Smiley

Marc1152
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #293 on: November 03, 2012, 10:34:37 PM »

My grandmother only cooks red meat on cast-iron.  Its the way to go but I'm to lazy, its a serious clean up.

I switched to cast-iron a few months ago and yes there is more of a clean up. It also doesn't heat as evenly as non-stick pans. But the Iron eventually becomes "Seasoned" and adds some taste to the food. Once it gets hot it stays very hot.  I like using it a lot and would not go back.

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #294 on: November 04, 2012, 08:05:45 PM »

I switched to cast-iron a few months ago and yes there is more of a clean up. It also doesn't heat as evenly as non-stick pans. But the Iron eventually becomes "Seasoned" and adds some taste to the food. Once it gets hot it stays very hot.  I like using it a lot and would not go back.
Im a southerner so I fully believe in the power of the cast iron skillet...luckily my Yankee wife is allowing me to buy a few iron skillets....cant wait to cook deer on them Smiley

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #295 on: March 02, 2013, 04:35:56 PM »

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #296 on: March 02, 2013, 04:56:36 PM »

I just got a cheese knife and a fruit trimmer, so I'll be making lots of little snacks.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #297 on: March 02, 2013, 05:49:00 PM »

I cook as a matter of course. I got a family to feed, after all. Smiley

My specialties are pasta sauces (bolognese and a few variations I improvised), chilli (meaty or vegetarian), veggie curry, and my mum's recipe for a ground beef mix that can make a meatloaf or burger patties. I can do a full roast with all the trimmings single-handed as well, and I love my slow cooker. And my husband claims I brew the best coffee he can get. Wink

I'm not a chef, but nobody in this house goes hungry if I can make my way to the kitchen.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #298 on: March 23, 2013, 12:55:10 AM »

stanley123
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #299 on: March 23, 2013, 12:57:34 AM »

My specialties are pasta sauces (bolognese and a few variations I improvised), chilli (meaty or vegetarian), veggie curry, and my mum's recipe for a ground beef mix that can make a meatloaf or burger patties. I can do a full roast with all the trimmings single-handed as well, and I love my slow cooker. And my husband claims I brew the best coffee he can get. Wink

I'm not a chef, but nobody in this house goes hungry if I can make my way to the kitchen.
Sounds really great. I am sure that there are people here who are interested in your recipe for vegetable curry, and your secret for brewing coffee.
Arachne
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #300 on: March 23, 2013, 07:47:14 AM »

Sounds really great. I am sure that there are people here who are interested in your recipe for vegetable curry, and your secret for brewing coffee.

There's no secret in the coffee brewing; it's just a matter of finding the coffee you like best and the right quantity to put in. It took me several weeks of experimentation when I moved here, and when our coffee maker died and we got a different one, I spend a week or so making adjustments to the quantities to get the right effect again. Same when circumstances forced me to switch to a French press. Successful brewing doesn't require state-of-the-art equipment or gourmet supplies - only intimate knowledge of both your equipment and your supplies. Smiley

As for the vegetable curry recipe, it can be found here. Wink

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

That person
OC.net guru

« Reply #301 on: March 23, 2013, 04:59:16 PM »

Grilling season is gonna start up soon! Sorry all you Lent-observing types.

WPM
Archon

« Reply #302 on: March 23, 2013, 05:36:09 PM »

I usually haul in the groceries for the kitchen
Arachne
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #303 on: March 23, 2013, 05:42:32 PM »

You mean you don't do grilled vegetables? Shame.

Shlomlokh
主哀れめよ!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Bulgarian

« Reply #304 on: March 23, 2013, 05:55:06 PM »

Dinner tonight:
Kimchi? Nice. I just made jjajangmyun for the first time and it was delicious. Do you make your own kimchi?

In Christ,
Andrew

"I will pour out my prayer unto the Lord, and to Him will I proclaim my grief; for with evils my soul is filled, and my life unto hades hath drawn nigh, and like Jonah I will pray: From corruption raise me up, O God." -Ode VI, Irmos of the Supplicatory Canon to the Theotokos
That person
OC.net guru

« Reply #305 on: March 24, 2013, 12:17:03 AM »

You mean you don't do grilled vegetables? Shame.
Occasionally. Meat is my true joy in life though.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #306 on: March 24, 2013, 01:28:51 AM »

It's been months since I've had a filet mignon. I need to change that.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #307 on: March 24, 2013, 02:16:51 AM »

I can make a mean Ramen--with my mother's help of course  angel

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #308 on: March 24, 2013, 02:19:02 AM »

Anybody eat Ramen straight from the bag?

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #309 on: March 24, 2013, 02:38:44 AM »

Sounds hardcore. I cook at least one package a day. Goes well with a half dozen ritz crackers.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #310 on: March 24, 2013, 02:41:35 AM »

Sounds hardcore. I cook at least one package a day. Goes well with a half dozen ritz crackers.
Try Ramen with spaghetti sauce, but cook the noodles in a pot.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
That person
OC.net guru

« Reply #311 on: March 24, 2013, 02:35:38 PM »

Try frying eggs with some noodles in the pan.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #312 on: March 24, 2013, 05:13:17 PM »

Gosh I love smoked salmon, one more day until I can have it!

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #313 on: May 15, 2013, 08:17:08 AM »

Talking about breakfast on the other thread, I remembered a classic Brazilian breakfast food that you can have specially if you eat at coffee shops: the cheese bread. Originally from the rural area of the state of Minas Gerais, it's associated with the large farms of old.

Here's a recipe:

PÃO DE QUEIJO – Cheese bread

500g Sour Cassava Starch (sometimes also called tapioca starch or manioc starch)
2 cups of milk
1 cup of cooking oil
4 eggs
1 cup of finely crumbled Feta cheese (actually, I have seen people use different kinds of cheese, you can experiment with that, using just one kind of cheese or any combination to your taste. The classic one is made with Minas Cheesehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minas_cheese)
1 cups of grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp of salt

How to prepare:

1.Boil the milk the oil and salt together.

2.Pour the hot mixture it into a large bowl with the sour starch and mix with a wooden spoon. The mixture will look like a large ball of gummy paste.

3.Let it cool and mix in the cheese and the eggs. Get your hands in there and squelch everything together into a smooth thick dough.

4.Grab chucks of it with your fingers and roll in the palm of your hands making little balls just smaller than a golf ball.

5.Place the dough balls on a tray. Pão de Queijo will grow around 20-30% as they cook, so leave some space between them.

6.Place them in the top shelf of your oven at 190c and let them grow for 15 minutes.

7.Reduce the temperature (around 150c) and cook for another 15 minutes. They should look golden brown and crackly and crusty outside. But inside your Pão de Queijo will still be nice and gooey… and cheesy!
-----------------------------------

Or you can order the preparation (almost) ready to bake, here: http://www.brazilianshop.com/BSHOP-32671-Pao-de-Queijo---Yoki--250g-
-------------------------------------

One way or the other, that's how they should look like: http://is.gd/cbMVdr
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 08:19:34 AM by Fabio Leite » Logged

jmbejdl
Count-Palatine James the Spurious of Giggleswick on the Naze
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Church of Romania

Great Martyr St. John the New of Suceava

« Reply #314 on: May 15, 2013, 08:32:45 AM »

Talking about breakfast on the other thread, I remembered a classic Brazilian breakfast food that you can have specially if you eat at coffee shops: the cheese bread. Originally from the rural area of the state of Minas Gerais, it's associated with the large farms of old.

Here's a recipe:

PÃO DE QUEIJO – Cheese bread

500g Sour Cassava Starch (sometimes also called tapioca starch or manioc starch)
2 cups of milk
1 cup of cooking oil
4 eggs
1 cup of finely crumbled Feta cheese (actually, I have seen people use different kinds of cheese, you can experiment with that, using just one kind of cheese or any combination to your taste. The classic one is made with Minas Cheesehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minas_cheese)
1 cups of grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp of salt

How to prepare:

1.Boil the milk the oil and salt together.

2.Pour the hot mixture it into a large bowl with the sour starch and mix with a wooden spoon. The mixture will look like a large ball of gummy paste.

3.Let it cool and mix in the cheese and the eggs. Get your hands in there and squelch everything together into a smooth thick dough.

4.Grab chucks of it with your fingers and roll in the palm of your hands making little balls just smaller than a golf ball.

5.Place the dough balls on a tray. Pão de Queijo will grow around 20-30% as they cook, so leave some space between them.

6.Place them in the top shelf of your oven at 190c and let them grow for 15 minutes.

7.Reduce the temperature (around 150c) and cook for another 15 minutes. They should look golden brown and crackly and crusty outside. But inside your Pão de Queijo will still be nice and gooey… and cheesy!
-----------------------------------

Or you can order the preparation (almost) ready to bake, here: http://www.brazilianshop.com/BSHOP-32671-Pao-de-Queijo---Yoki--250g-
-------------------------------------

One way or the other, that's how they should look like: http://is.gd/cbMVdr

Do you use cups as measures in Brazil? I thought that was just a US thing. Honestly, it's one of the banes of my life when I find an interesting looking recipe only to find that I then have to spend ages trying to convert all the measures into something I can actually understand. It's not so bad with liquids but dry foods are a nightmare. Why on earth would anyone measure a cup of nuts rather than weighing them?

Incidentally, if anyone knows of a good resource for converting US measures to something more sensible (metric preferably but even Imperial would do), I'd be very grateful.

James

We owe greater gratitude to those who humble us, wrong us, and douse us with venom, than to those who nurse us with honour and sweet words, or feed us with tasty food and confections, for bile is the best medicine for our soul. - Elder Paisios of Mount Athos
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: