Author Topic: The Wisdom of the Christian Faith by Justin Bieber  (Read 864 times)

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
The Wisdom of the Christian Faith by Justin Bieber
« on: September 29, 2015, 10:23:07 AM »
Wisdom, let us attend...  ;D

For Justin Bieber, the past few years have been defined by arrests, scandals (night club urination, confiscated monkeys) and public attempts to soften his image and reboot his career. Now the 21-year-old pop superstar – whose new, Kanye West-assisted LP is out November 13th – has shared the source of his redemption: Christianity. “I just wanna honestly live like Jesus,” ...

The key to being Christian, Bieber said is having “this connection that you feel there’s no insecurities” – not simply enjoying fellowship at church. He also used an unorthodox analogy to drive home his point: “You don’t need to go to church to be a Christian. If you go to Taco Bell, that doesn’t make you a taco.”

https://www.yahoo.com/music/justin-bieber-i-want-to-live-like-jesus-181943041.html
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 10:25:25 AM by TheTrisagion »
God bless!

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
Re: The Wisdom of the Christian Faith by Justin Beiber
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 10:24:22 AM »
If you go to Taco Bell, that doesn’t make you a taco.”

Words to live by.
“A goose to hatch the Crystal Egg after an Eagle had half-hatched it! Aye, aye, to be sure, that’s right,” said the Old Woman of Beare. “And now you must go find out what happened to it. Go now, and when you come back I will give you your name.”
- from The King of Ireland's Son, by Padraic Colum

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
Re: The Wisdom of the Christian Faith by Justin Bieber
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 10:26:17 AM »

Words to live by.
Sounds like you are a Belieber.
God bless!

Offline primuspilus

• Taxiarches
  • Inserting personal quote here.
    • St. Gregory the Theologian Orthodox Church
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox (former WR)
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Boston
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 10:39:45 AM »
I wonder if he is willing to push that "logic" by saying you dont need to buy anything of Beiber's to be a Beiber fan. Methinks not.

PP
"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 10:44:19 AM »
I wonder if he is willing to push that "logic" by saying you dont need to buy anything of Beiber's to be a Beiber fan. Methinks not.

PP

I'm a Belieber and I hate Bieber.
“A goose to hatch the Crystal Egg after an Eagle had half-hatched it! Aye, aye, to be sure, that’s right,” said the Old Woman of Beare. “And now you must go find out what happened to it. Go now, and when you come back I will give you your name.”

Offline Amatorus

• OC.net guru
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 10:45:48 AM »
How Can We Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 10:46:02 AM by Amatorus »

Offline primuspilus

• Taxiarches
  • Inserting personal quote here.
    • St. Gregory the Theologian Orthodox Church
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox (former WR)
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Boston
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 10:47:04 AM »

PP

Is that kind of like the Satanists who dont believe in Satan?

PP
"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 11:00:00 AM »

PP

PP

Sometimes I kinda wonder if they really do or are just provocateurs for provocateurs' sake.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 11:00:20 AM by minasoliman »
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 11:07:08 AM »

PP

PP

Sometimes I kinda wonder if they really do or are just provocateurs for provocateurs' sake.

If you take away the "Satanic" pomp it's really just dumbed-down Ayn Rand (if it's possible to make her dumber).

Online RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 11:08:53 AM »

PP

PP

If you take away the "Satanic" pomp it's really just dumbed-down Ayn Rand (if it's possible to make her dumber).
You ever see what readers voted on as the best novels or something of the century?

Lol pretty much all her major works were in the top 10, with LRon Hubbard filling out the rest.
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 12:30:30 PM »
Dicet Dominus Biebus.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 12:31:02 PM by Papist »
"For, by its immensity, the divine substance surpasses every form that our intellect reaches. Thus we are unable to apprehend it by knowing what it is. Yet we are able to have some knowledge of it by knowing what it is not." - St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa contra gentiles, I, 14.

Offline homedad76

• High Elder
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 12:31:38 PM »

Yes but I'm pretty sure if you want to partake in Taco Bell you have to go to Taco Bell.
"However hard I try, I find it impossible to construct anything greater than these three words, 'Love one another' —only to the end, and without exceptions: then all is justified and life is illumined, whereas otherwise it is an abomination and a burden."

—Mother Maria of Paris

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
  • Jurisdiction: Partially-overlapping
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2015, 05:15:32 PM »

Yes but I'm pretty sure if you want to partake in Taco Bell you have to go to Taco Bell.
Unless you have a taco bell deacon, and since taco bell attempts to be Mexican I suppose they have extraordinary ministers of gorditas locos.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 05:16:34 PM by NicholasMyra »
Quote from: Pope Francis
Thank God he said I was a politician because Aristotle defined the human person as 'Animal politicus.' So at least I am a human person.

Vote for a Ministry section on OC.net

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2015, 06:23:24 PM »

Unless you have a taco bell deacon, and since taco bell attempts to be Mexican I suppose they have extraordinary ministers of gorditas locos.

Do you really think they are trying to do this?
"For, by its immensity, the divine substance surpasses every form that our intellect reaches. Thus we are unable to apprehend it by knowing what it is. Yet we are able to have some knowledge of it by knowing what it is not." - St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa contra gentiles, I, 14.

Offline ZealousZeal

• Ima Xanthippe
  • Protokentarchos
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2015, 06:34:23 PM »

As envisaged by white people who have never been to Mexico.
You want your belt to buckle, not your chair.

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2015, 06:41:37 PM »
Justin Bieber: The best spokesman for modern Christianity EVAR111!!!

Just a few years ago he said Islam was "cool" and Christians were yesterday's news.
“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”- St. Ambrose of Milan

"Now one cannot be a half-hearted Christian, but only entirely or not at all." -Fr. Seraphim Rose

"He who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen." (1 John 4:20)

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
  • Jurisdiction: Partially-overlapping
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2015, 08:32:03 PM »

Not successfully, no.
Quote from: Pope Francis
Thank God he said I was a politician because Aristotle defined the human person as 'Animal politicus.' So at least I am a human person.

Vote for a Ministry section on OC.net

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • Milo Thatch is the ONLY Milo for me. #FreeAtlantis
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2015, 08:48:08 PM »

PP

PP

Well, to be fair it's certainly possible to admire a particular actor or musician's body of work while finding him utterly despicable as a person. I bet there are a lot of people who think Phil Spector is both a really talented guy, and a psycho at the same time.
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2015, 09:50:37 PM »
True.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline William T

• Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2015, 10:53:21 PM »
1.  Good for Bieber I guess, let's hope it helps him out.

2.  It's fun to think of Ayn Rand as in the tradition of Russian writers.  I get Tolstoy as an artist is comparable to Shakespeare, Michelangelo, Bach, etc....where Ayn Rand might crack the top ten of pulp fiction writers (a very American genre, and genre fiction at that).

But like her Russian predecessors she had some talent (certainly nowhere near the level of a Dostoyevsky or Tolstoy...closer maybe to.an I. Ron Hubbard), and then became taken over by long winded tomes, morals, philosophy, ideas, cult like mentality, and destructive crusader fetishes and all that other second rate dreck that adds a sprinkling of obnoxiousness to my otherwise tolerable life.

I don't know who would annoy me more a Randroid or a Tolstoyan...but I do know this, every time I run into one or the other they both make sure I know they are an "objectivist" or Tolstoyan.

I would like to see an intellectual cage fight between a college hipster Randroid and a college Hipster Thomist.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 10:54:10 PM by William T »

Offline William T

• Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2015, 10:56:53 PM »
Actually scratch that last thought.  I would not like to see an "intellectual" debate between said undergrad objectivist and Thomist. That was a temporary lapse of sanity. I would rather have a root canal, listening to Muzak, with no anesthetic than listen to that.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 10:57:21 PM by William T »

Offline Musashi

• 主、憐れめよ !
  • Elder
  • GLORY TO GOD FOR ALL THINGS!
    • The Orthodox Church in Japan (belongs to church)
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: J A P A N
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2015, 11:02:56 PM »
Good for him if it is true.
主や、爾の民を救い、爾の業に福を降し、吾が國に幸いを與へ、爾の十字架にて爾の住所を守り給え -TROPARION OF HOLY CROSS-