Author Topic: Ancient churches in Lalibela: built by aliens?  (Read 18724 times)

Offline podkarpatska

• Merarches
  • Pokrov
    • ACROD (home)
Re: Ancient churches in Lalibela: built by aliens?
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2011, 04:27:19 PM »
Claiming that aliens built these churches or the pyramids is just white who try to explain away the fact that people of color were able to build amazing structures while their ancestors were bear baiting and living in huts.

They try and say the samething about stone-hinge too!

The sad thing is people all over are actually believing this stuff from the History Channel. I guess they feel that since it's the History Channel it must be true.

I see this as a negative side affect of Progressivism. Progressivism looks down on those of the past. It sees them as primitive, un-educated, stupid, un-enlightened .......etc.

Progessivim doesn't want to believe that our ancestors were smart. That they were able to build great things, and do great things.

Come on now....

Offline Hiwot

• Christ is Risen!
  • OC.net guru
  • Job 19:25-27
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2011, 01:36:19 AM »
Selam all,
you got to luv them ETs! , hopping from planet to planet building them Churches! ;D

on a bit more serious note I really think that Erich Von Daniken is a prime example of failed catechises class! no one could explain to him who the children of God who mated with the children of men were and who the nephlim were so the result.........tarararaaaaa! Aliens!!!!

hey those of you who teach sunday schools watch out it only takes one mistaken interpretation of a biblical verse to get out there and you will find many others with different hair assortments following ETs :o

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.

Offline Elijah

• Elder
  • God is love; be faithful un to death.
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2011, 12:45:33 PM »
So Ge'ez is the faith and tradition of Ethiopia?  And the Ethiopians say they are a Church?
Geez is an ancient language of the country; so, it is beneficial for communication. That is as far as I know, but I don't understand your question though.
Please clarify more?
And what do Ethiopians say? Church? It does not make sense.
Holy Mary, You are the ladder of life. St. Yared
My sons/daughters, come and I will teach you the fear of God. Christ is light.
He watches everything high; He is the king  even over those in the water. Eyob 41:25

Offline HabteSelassie

• Ises and I-ity
  • Archon
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2011, 01:32:51 PM »
greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

So Ge'ez is the faith and tradition of Ethiopia?  And the Ethiopians say they are a Church?
Geez is an ancient language of the country; so, it is beneficial for communication. That is as far as I know, but I don't understand your question though.
Please clarify more?

I've explained it above, I will reiterate here.  When we speak of Ge'ez being sacred language in our Church, we do not mean just the words of the language, rather we mean their connection with the modes and melodies of our sacred liturgical Chants.  Ge'ez refers not just to the language, but the three specific modes of Chants according to Saint Yared's school just as there are Gregorian chants and the Byzantine chant.  We feel that the integrity of the Chants are only preserved in the original tongue, and further the written symbols of musical notation are choreographed specifically around the Ge'ez language and syntax, and so to adapt to Amharic or Tigranya or even English would not necessarily be the same.  The Ethiopian Orthodox Church feels that our Divine Liturgy must be specific and exact in the modes of chanting, and so we preserve the Ge'ez language in our Church.  The words themselves are not more or less sacred, it is the way in which they are intoned and chanted, however our Church has felt that to preserve the sanctity and integrity of the tone and chant, the Ge'ez language was best suited to the circumstances.  Also remember that a written form of colloquial languages didn't develop until relatively recent, Ge'ez was the intellectual language of Ethiopia up until at least the 16th century, similar to Latin in Europe.

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 01:33:19 PM by HabteSelassie »
"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10

Offline Hiwot

• Christ is Risen!
  • OC.net guru
  • Job 19:25-27
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2011, 03:11:14 PM »
selam to all :)

I have a question to Mr. JamesRottnek regarding the banner YOU sir have, I have heard that statement before and it was consistently from militant Muslims back in Ethiopia, and I was wondering if you do not mind answering it, your statement "Ethiopia: It's not an Empire any more." besides stating the blatantly obvious if it was trying to instruct us history at best, Am I reading a certain Glee? the fall of the great and ancient Christian Empire in Africa that constantly labored to serve the Lord, to preserve the Apostolic Faith and  defend Christian people  and their way of life wherever they may be , is somehow a source of glee to you? If so , are you a Muslim ? under that light i might understand your postion. if it is merely to instruct us on a historical fact then i find judging from your question whether or not we worship geez i hardly think you are the qualified historian to do the instruction justice.
don't get me wrong I love my country,  but I love the christian heritage i have from kings and queens who set the living example of being in the world but not of it even more. and those who deviated from the Faith royalty or not the Orthodox Faithful of Ethiopia have rose up to defend their faith against them even unto the shading of their own blood. this shows you it is not the crown we love but the One True Faith the crown confesses and defends.If we are triumphant its in the triumph of Orthodoxy! not a nationalistic or racial triumph over our brothers. I am proud if pride was necessary ,of my christian faith and heritage, that managed to survive against all odds for Millennia i am sorry if this offends you, it is not meant to be, the survival  and thriving of the Christian faith and the Christian faithful brings great joy and a healthy pride to all Christians, so if you are a christian I am not sure you are , but if you are, then that should have brought you joy. my christian country men chronicled in their history, the fall of the great christian empires with tears that jumps out as you read their lamentation on the scrolls, never was such sadness as the destruction of christian leadership and Exodus of Christians from their place of worship recorded in our history. we had our share of that bitter cup Christians all over the world drunk from. So for the Faith that was delivered to us by the Apostles the Christian Kingdom of Ethiopia had gladly suffered for it is a great blessing to us to be so worthy of such an honor of being its faithful witnesses.  even now once more a great darkness gathers and is uniting its power, and Christians are its targate. may the Lord give His protection and wisdom to Christians.

again  as to your "question" regarding the Church : Christian Ethiopia with her Orthodox Faith remains because her king is, The King of Kings, Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ  The Victorious, and  she remains  and will always remain faithful to The Orthodox Faith. If it is malice you have in your heart i will not correct it, only the Holy Spirit can, but if it is lack of understanding along with pure intent then may be our understanding of eachother is a few explanations away. whatever it may be,Christ is in our midst, may His will be done.

selam to all.
To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.

Offline Elijah

• Elder
  • God is love; be faithful un to death.
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2011, 05:32:23 PM »
greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

So Ge'ez is the faith and tradition of Ethiopia?  And the Ethiopians say they are a Church?
Please clarify more?

I've explained it above, I will reiterate here.  When we speak of Ge'ez being sacred language in our Church, we do not mean just the words of the language, rather we mean their connection with the modes and melodies of our sacred liturgical Chants.  Ge'ez refers not just to the language, but the three specific modes of Chants according to Saint Yared's school just as there are Gregorian chants and the Byzantine chant.  We feel that the integrity of the Chants are only preserved in the original tongue, and further the written symbols of musical notation are choreographed specifically around the Ge'ez language and syntax, and so to adapt to Amharic or Tigranya or even English would not necessarily be the same.  The Ethiopian Orthodox Church feels that our Divine Liturgy must be specific and exact in the modes of chanting, and so we preserve the Ge'ez language in our Church.  The words themselves are not more or less sacred, it is the way in which they are intoned and chanted, however our Church has felt that to preserve the sanctity and integrity of the tone and chant, the Ge'ez language was best suited to the circumstances.  Also remember that a written form of colloquial languages didn't develop until relatively recent, Ge'ez was the intellectual language of Ethiopia up until at least the 16th century, similar to Latin in Europe.

stay blessed,
habte selassie
Gregorian chants and the Byzantine chant? Have you had an opportunity to hear these kinds of Chants? I am just curious; thank you for the post, by the way.
Holy Mary, You are the ladder of life. St. Yared
My sons/daughters, come and I will teach you the fear of God. Christ is light.
He watches everything high; He is the king  even over those in the water. Eyob 41:25