OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 24, 2014, 01:50:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Russian film about St. Alexis of Moscow ("The Horde")  (Read 819 times) Average Rating: 0
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« on: October 22, 2012, 04:00:29 PM »

A new film was released last month, called Orda ("The Horde"), which is about a particular episode from the life of St. Alexis of Moscow when he was summoned to cure the Khan's wife of blindness.  You can see the trailer for it here.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 04:00:56 PM by Iconodule » Logged

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 08:20:15 PM »

http://www.moscowfilmfestival.ru/miff34/eng/news/?id=379
The first question at the press conference after the film set an energetic and intense tone to the conversation. The question was asked as to whether or not the Director believed that Moscow Orthodoxy was the only true faith with true spiritual powers.

I gotta be honest, I found it extremely interesting that the press is even pushing an agenda at these events, trying to call out the MP & their "agenda" behind the "agenda".  I liked the producer's response though. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: