OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 09:27:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Searching for a new job  (Read 1558 times) Average Rating: 0
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« on: August 05, 2004, 11:06:35 AM »

Hi all,
Just wanted to request some prayers, I've reached a point at work that I can't handle the stress anymore, and am actively searching for a new position.  My first (phone) interview is in 1/2 an hour.  Please pray that I find a new position soon.
Thank you!
Ania

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 11:07:08 AM »

Prayers!  Good luck.

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

Mor Ephrem > Justin Kissel
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 09:13:51 AM »

Indeed, I know the feeling all to well.  Prayers prayers and more prayers!

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 02:00:08 PM »

You have my prayers also...

hmmmm...
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 02:35:00 PM »

Hi all,
Thanks for the prayers...  I've had 2 phone interviews for, 1 I'm underqualified, not enough experience, the 2nd, this morning, I'm overqualified, and though the job sounds like fun, taking that drastic a pay-cut is out of the question (I do live in one of the most expensive counties on the East Coast, after all).  I have another interview tomorrow morning, and I'm seriously starting to think to go to a temp agency rather than hang around here until I get a perm possition somewhere.  Anyway, any prayers you could pass along my way would be appreciated.

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 03:24:42 PM »

Prayers for needful employment.

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
gregory2
Elder

Most Holy Theotokos, Save Us!

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 06:40:51 PM »

Prayers!  Temp agencies can be useful.... my wife got a pretty good job through a temp agency, and the company liked her and ended up hiring her full-time.

"Anything that is worth accomplishing cannot be accomplished in a lifetime." - the Holy Fathers
Thomas Daniel (Reji)
Chevalier
Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Malankara Archdiocese of Syriac Orthodox Church

Proud to say belongs to Syriac Orthodox Church

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 01:10:11 AM »

Prayers

Oh.. Morth Mariam Yoldath Aloho (Mother Of God) Pray For Us

Oh.. Morth Mariam Yoldath Aloho (Mother Of God)Pray For Us
David
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 06:48:24 AM »

Just be careful, I'm doing the temp agency routine right now(Manpower Professional) and so far they're giving me several one day jobs that do pay well, but am not having much success finding something even slightly more long term.  Try to be placed in a temp position of at least 3 months before you leave your current job.

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 09:18:57 AM »

Ania is in the DC area and the temp agencies there generally have a number semi-long term projects at any given time.  I've done that route in DC and it's not a bad gig.  I did it in Baltimore and ended up at the same place for over a year, too.  Some of the better temp agencies in the big city also have benefits.

Regardless, I shall, of course, continue to pray for Ania so that she finds gainful and meaningful employment.  I know for a fact it works and thank you all again for your prayers and my own situation Smiley

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
YankeeLady

OC.net

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2004, 01:29:23 PM »

You have my prayers, Ania.  I am also currently engaged in a job search.  Went on two interviews last week but don't think either job will pan out (similar situation to yours--one job I'm over qualified and the other I'm under qualified).  I hope you find exactly what you're looking for.  Life's too short to spend your time working at a job that just makes you miserable.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: