OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 27, 2014, 05:23:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persecution of Copts in Egypt  (Read 28390 times) Average Rating: 5
CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #270 on: August 14, 2013, 02:22:12 PM »

It is an absolute nightmare right now. So far, over 16 Churches, monasteries & religious institutions of various Christian groups destroyed.

The Maspero Youth Union operations center is monitoring the attacks on churches and Coptic property in 5 provinces.

Extremist groups from the Muslim Brotherhood, the Salfyeen, and Jama’a Islameya implemented their threats of attacking Christians and police departments in of the dispersion of the sit ins at Nahda in Giza and Raba’a eladaweya in Nasr City. Starting from early morning, these terrori...sts began attacking churches and Coptic property in the provinces of Minya, Fayoum, Al Suez, Luxor, and Sohag. The losses have been reported as follows:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=590775414299440&set=a.203371319706520.50963.198889343488051&type=1

"How long, O Lord, holy and true, will You refrain from judging and avenging our blood on those who dwell on the earth?".

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
CoptoGeek
OC.net guru

« Reply #271 on: August 14, 2013, 03:25:14 PM »

Report on the attacks against Copts on 14 August  
Wednesday 14 Aug 2013 - 09:13 PM

http://www.wataninet.com/watani_Article_Details.aspx?A=44010

Copts and police targeted all over Egypt 
Wednesday 14 Aug 2013 - 01:06 PM
Reported by Treza Kamal, Nader Shukry, Michael Victor, and Raafat Edward

http://www.wataninet.com/watani_Article_Details.aspx?A=43914

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
CoptoGeek
OC.net guru

« Reply #272 on: August 14, 2013, 04:16:04 PM »

Coptic churches burn in Egypt
Egyptians on Twitter crowdsource reports of attacks on Christians.

http://storify.com/ajstream/egychurch/elements/874dd6621b17fbafa050a91b

Stavro
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

« Reply #273 on: August 14, 2013, 05:09:29 PM »

THe US, EU and all the MB allies did not issue one single word condemning the attack on churches. They criticized dissolving the MB criminal sit-in though.

In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the LORD at its border. (Isaiah 19:19)

" God forbid I should see the face of Judah or listen to his blasphemy" (Gerontius, Archmanidrite of the monastery of St. Melania)
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #274 on: August 14, 2013, 06:10:47 PM »

Coptic churches burn in Egypt
Egyptians on Twitter crowdsource reports of attacks on Christians.

http://storify.com/ajstream/egychurch/elements/874dd6621b17fbafa050a91b

Lord have mercy.

Here is a news blog from the area:

http://globalvoicesonline.org/2013/08/14/coptic-churches-burnt-in-egypt/

NEWSBREAKING: Many Coptic Churches burn across Egypt
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/religion/3054727/posts?page=6

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
xariskai
юродивый/yurodivy
OC.net guru

יהוה עזי ומגני

« Reply #275 on: August 14, 2013, 08:38:13 PM »

THe US, EU and all the MB allies did not issue one single word condemning the attack on churches. They criticized dissolving the MB criminal sit-in though.

This story seems to be completely absent to almost every major U. S. news source except Fox News (nothing at all by CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, etc.). Why? http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/499052/20130814/morsi-supporters-attack-coptic-churches-sohag-menya.htm

Some churches and buildings that were attacked by the Muslim Brotherhood and their supporters :
1 – The Church of the Virgin Mary and Anba Abram of the Copts Orthodox village Dljh, the center of Deir Mawas, Minya Governorate burning church and demolished.
2 – The Church of St. Mina Coptic Orthodox neighborhood of Abu Hilal Kebly Minya Governorate burning church
3 – St. George’s Church Copts الارثوزكس the land of the archbishopric, Sohag Governorate burning church
4 – Center Baptist Church Bani Mazar, Minya Governorate burning church
5 – Church of Our Lady of Copts الأرثوزكس the village Nazlah, Yusuf Center, Fayoum governorate burning the church …
6 – Monastery of the Sisters of the Good Shepherd + school Suez burning
7 – Church Street parents Alfrencescan the Suez burning 23
8 – The Bible Society of Friends Fayoum burning
9 – The Church of Saint Maximus 45th Street Alexandria harassment
10 – Church of Prince Taodharos Echatbi Fayoum burning
11 – Church of Our Lady of Copts الارثوزكس the street butchers Abu Hilal District Minia Governorate burning
12 – Church Marmriqs the Catholic Copts Abu Hilal District, Minya Governorate burning
13 – Church of the Jesuit Fathers Abu Hilal District, Minya Governorate burning
14 – Church of the Virgin and Abram news Sohag burning
15 – Church Marmriqs the building services electricity Street, Sohag burning
16 – a Father Onjelios home king pastor of the Church of the Virgin and Anba Abram Bdljh of Deir Mawas Dljh the center of the province of Minya house was completely burned
17 – the burning of the Greek Church in Suez http://beforeitsnews.com/christian-news/2013/08/christian-churches-attacked-burn-all-over-egypt-2480776.html

I guess that isn't important enough to constitute breaking news in this part of the world.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 08:58:23 PM by xariskai » Logged

Silly Stars
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #276 on: August 14, 2013, 10:47:56 PM »

Another article, with pictures of some of the churches, is here:

http://theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/news/2013/08/morsi-supporters-attack-coptic-churches-in-sohag-menya-and-dilg/

Lord have mercy!

Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #277 on: August 15, 2013, 07:43:27 PM »

At least 22 churches have been attacked and/or destroyed in the last couple of days:

... In the last few hours, the Islamists have attacked seven Catholic churches and a full fifteen religious structures of the Coptic-Orthodox Church and the Protestant church. The attacks took place in Cairo and in the governorate of Sohag (Upper Egypt). The news was announced by Fr. Rafic Greiche, spokesperson for the Egyptian Catholic Church, who underlined the fact that the Western media has remained silent about the attacks. At the moment it is unclear whether any persons have been injured or killed.

http://www.aina.org/news/20130815085246.htm

Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #278 on: August 15, 2013, 08:14:13 PM »

It seems one of the churches destroyed was an ancient fourth century church.  The Muslim Brotherhood is also attacking Christian homes:

Attackers today set fire to a Christian youth center in Fayoum. They also reportedly destroyed a 4th century church, one of the oldest in Egypt. Scores of other churches and Copt homes were attacked.

A Copt activist told The Tower that over 21 churches were completely burned to the ground, and more were attacked. There are no confirmed numbers regarding deaths or injuries.

http://www.thetower.org/egyptian-govt-calls-on-morsi-supporters-to-end-violence-as-islamists-burn-down-scores-of-christian-churches-and-home/

Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #279 on: August 15, 2013, 08:24:24 PM »

Morsy supporters also reportedly attacked a number of Christian churches. It's not clear how many were targeted, but Dalia Ziada, of the Ibn Khadun Center for Development Studies, said Thursday that her group had documented the burning of 29 churches and Coptic facilities across the country.

"This is horrible to happen in only one day," she said.

The Bible Society of Egypt said 15 churches and three Christian schools had been attacked, some set on fire.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/15/world/meast/egypt-protests/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #280 on: August 15, 2013, 08:40:55 PM »

I think this is a picture of Copts praying in one of the destroyed churches:

https://twitter.com/MenaFayekGayed/status/368007168840044544

Perhaps someone who reads Arabic can confirm.

dhinuus
Elder

« Reply #281 on: August 15, 2013, 09:32:08 PM »

Though the entire church was burnt, miraculously the icon of our Lord didnot burn....

NULL
richi000

Jurisdiction: Antioch

Lord have mercy on us

« Reply #282 on: August 15, 2013, 10:18:34 PM »

My Arabic is very poor. But I do believe these are Christians praying.
I could also be wrong but is this a old picture?

Remember, never to fear the power of evil more than your trust in the power and love of God.
Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #283 on: August 15, 2013, 10:53:22 PM »

I think it's a current picture, taken inside one of the churches that was just destroyed by the Muslim Brotherhood.  I'd like someone who reads Arabic well to confirm it, though.

Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #284 on: August 15, 2013, 10:54:32 PM »

Though the entire church was burnt, miraculously the icon of our Lord didnot burn....

Amazing.

Severian
God save Egypt, Syria & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Christians

Partisangirl
« Reply #285 on: August 15, 2013, 11:31:31 PM »

The tweet says: "They burned the Church, but we will still pray so every terrorist knows that the Church is in our hearts, not in buildings."
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 11:32:39 PM by Severian » Logged

On hiatus from posting. Forgive me if my posts have lacked humility or tact. Note that some of my older posts -especially those prior to late 2012- may not reflect my current views. In the meantime, please pray for my sinful self as I am in a critical and unsure juncture in my life. Thank you.
Apotheoun
"Three realities pertain to God: essence, energy, and the triad of divine hypostaseis." St. Gregory Palamas
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Melkite Catholic

St. John Maximovitch

« Reply #286 on: August 15, 2013, 11:43:11 PM »

May God watch over and protect the Copts in this distressing time.

"All that the Father has belongs likewise to the Son, except Causality."
St. Gregory Nazianzen

"We should believe that divine grace is present in the icon of Christ and that it communicates sanctification to those who draw near with faith."
St. Theodore Studite
NightOwl
High Elder

« Reply #287 on: August 16, 2013, 12:23:51 AM »

The tweet says: "They burned the Church, but we will still pray so every terrorist knows that the Church is in our hearts, not in buildings."

Amen!
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #288 on: August 16, 2013, 03:10:27 AM »

As already pointed out by others, there is almost no coverage in the major news media outlets about this.  The focus is elsewhere on the conflict there in Egypt.  Horrible.
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #289 on: August 16, 2013, 03:53:45 AM »

I opened up the local (N. California) newspaper, owned by a corporate media company based in San Francisco, to find a large article with several pictures concerning the situation in Egypt. The pictures, and the story, focused entirely on the plight of the poor Morsi/MB supporters battling against the army via protests against the recent ouster of Herr Morsi. Are you freaking kidding me? Angry

RehamG
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Inquirer

« Reply #290 on: August 16, 2013, 10:03:13 AM »

I opened up the local (N. California) newspaper, owned by a corporate media company based in San Francisco, to find a large article with several pictures concerning the situation in Egypt. The pictures, and the story, focused entirely on the plight of the poor Morsi/MB supporters battling against the army via protests against the recent ouster of Herr Morsi. Are you freaking kidding me? Angry

Not surprising in the least bit.  Sad

"A humble man who lives a spiritual life, when he reads the Holy Scriptures, will relate all things to himself and not to others.”

– St. Mark the Ascetic, Sermon, 1.6
Stavro
OC.net guru

« Reply #291 on: August 16, 2013, 11:38:39 AM »

The media in the West is being directed by politics. No free speech. The free speech the West understands and practices is the Jerry Springer show.

In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the LORD at its border. (Isaiah 19:19)

" God forbid I should see the face of Judah or listen to his blasphemy" (Gerontius, Archmanidrite of the monastery of St. Melania)
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #292 on: August 16, 2013, 12:55:17 PM »

I know. I'm just venting.

xariskai
юродивый/yurodivy
OC.net guru

יהוה עזי ומגני

« Reply #293 on: August 16, 2013, 10:51:18 PM »

Not surprising in the least bit.  Sad
Not "surprising" (e.g. we heard nothing at all in the Western media of the massacre of 450 Kurds -mostly women, elderly, and 150 children- in Syria either), but still *astounding*, and instructive.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 10:58:38 PM by xariskai » Logged

Silly Stars
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #294 on: August 16, 2013, 10:59:59 PM »

Not "surprising" (e.g. we heard nothing at all in the Western media of the massacre of 450 Kurds -mostly women, elderly, and 150 children- in Syria either), but still *astounding*, and instructive.

Indeed!  Out media has lost all perspective it seems.  It almost appears like they are intentionally supporting the chaos and evils popping up all over the world.  In Syria, not one pays attention to the rebels being the same people being fought against in Afghanistan and Iraq, that it is not homegrown opposition, that the Orthodox there have chosen the side of the legitimate government.  Ah, yes, the mindless media.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 11:01:52 PM by Kerdy » Logged
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #295 on: August 16, 2013, 11:53:31 PM »

USA Today, I believe, had a story today about Egypt's Christians living in fear.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
xariskai
юродивый/yurodivy
OC.net guru

יהוה עזי ומגני

« Reply #296 on: August 17, 2013, 12:01:00 AM »

Indeed!  Out media has lost all perspective it seems.  It almost appears like they are intentionally supporting the chaos and evils popping up all over the world.  In Syria, not one pays attention to the rebels being the same people being fought against in Afghanistan and Iraq, that it is not homegrown opposition, that the Orthodox there have chosen the side of the legitimate government.  Ah, yes, the mindless media.

For what my opinion is worth I regard U. S. media these days on the same ethical plane as any other Holocaust Suppressors/Deniers of the past. What we see in the U. S. is less "news" than super-selective silence/outrage according to the metanarrative of the day. Pablum.

450 Kurds killed? That's not newsworthy. Wrong side dead. Pussy Riot? Front page to the ages of ages.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 12:13:09 AM by xariskai » Logged

Silly Stars
Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #297 on: August 17, 2013, 01:19:34 AM »

From an e-mail from the Armenian Eastern Diocese of the United States:

Pray for Our Coptic Brethren

The persecution of Egypt’s age-old Coptic Christian community has been an ongoing concern for several years now, but it has reached horrifying levels in the past few weeks, following the fall of Egypt’s government.

Coptic churches are being looted and set aflame. The Coptic Pope Tawadros II is in hiding under threat of death. A priest, Fr. Mina Cheroubim, was shot dead in front of his church, and Copts—including women and children—have been savagely beaten, abducted, and killed. Their homes, businesses, and churches are covered with threatening, hate-filled graffiti—a fate that has extended to some Armenian edifices as well.

The stories of suffering are too unsettling to relate; but they are all-too-familiar to Armenian Christians. It is painful to think that the vicious acts of persecution we still vividly remember, a century after the Genocide, are being re-enacted today, against the Copts. Our two churches have always been closely related in our theology and antiquity—and in our experience of persecution, both historical as well as contemporary, as the Armenians of Syria can well attest.

One can read about the general turmoil in Egypt, with its escalating violence and terrible loss of life, in most newspapers these days. But there is comparatively little being written and said about the plight of the Coptic Christians, and the existential threat they are facing in their ancestral homeland. Let us not be the ones to forget them at this time. Rather let us remember our Coptic brothers and sisters; reach out to them, speak up for them—and above all pray for them, and for an end to their affliction.

Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #298 on: August 17, 2013, 02:18:30 AM »

This is what happens when you have a few major mega conglomerate corporate owned media outlets. They are sheep that keep repeating the same few mainstream news items and strictly stick to the talking points handed to them. It's like if Walmart got into the business of doing the news this is what you would get. That's why these days I view fake networks like Fox as pure comedy and entertainment. In fact, you probably would get much more truth from Comedy Central these days! Roll Eyes  
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 02:34:51 AM by Nacho » Logged

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #299 on: August 17, 2013, 02:30:25 AM »

I'm not Fox's biggest fan, but they have been doing more reporting on the what is happening to the Copts than the other major networks right now. 

When it comes to looking for news about Christian communities in the Middle East, I tend to look at:

The Assyrian International News Agency:

http://www.aina.org/index.shtml

and Orthodox News:

http://theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/news/

Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #300 on: August 17, 2013, 02:45:00 AM »

I'm not Fox's biggest fan, but they have been doing more reporting on the what is happening to the Copts than the other major networks right now.  

They usually do a better job than the other major networks anyway.  But as you stated, they are the only ones I have found so far which have actually addressed this situation directly.  I watched an interview on Fox which talked about this only and why it isn't being covered elsewhere in America.  But still, not enough coverage if you ask me.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 02:45:50 AM by Kerdy » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #301 on: August 17, 2013, 06:04:36 AM »

Indeed!  Out media has lost all perspective it seems.  It almost appears like they are intentionally supporting the chaos and evils popping up all over the world.  In Syria, not one pays attention to the rebels being the same people being fought against in Afghanistan and Iraq, that it is not homegrown opposition, that the Orthodox there have chosen the side of the legitimate government.  Ah, yes, the mindless media.
I saw an article on Fox today about rebels killing 11 people, of which 9 were Christian between two Christian villages.
surajiype

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Malankara Orthodox Church

« Reply #302 on: August 17, 2013, 10:59:22 AM »

Yes,  Fox news is covering Egypt in a way the major networks are not doing and it is refreshing considering the reputation Fox News earned during Bush's Iraq War.
Alas nothing can be expected from CNN other than the White House line handed out by Obama's pant suit team.
I try and balance news from the West with those from RT to get a more wholesome picture. 
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #303 on: August 17, 2013, 11:43:12 AM »

They usually do a better job than the other major networks anyway.  But as you stated, they are the only ones I have found so far which have actually addressed this situation directly.  I watched an interview on Fox which talked about this only and why it isn't being covered elsewhere in America.  But still, not enough coverage if you ask me.
Bob Beckel, one of the liberals on Fox (yes, Fox has lots of them), brings it up every time Egypt is mentioned.

Fox's reputation for doing a better job is maligned by the competition they are beating.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
xariskai
юродивый/yurodivy
OC.net guru

יהוה עזי ומגני

« Reply #304 on: August 17, 2013, 12:07:30 PM »

The majors are reporting on it now (some for the first time three days later). 52 churches destroyed in 24 hours.

"...in Alexandria, Arish, Assiut, Beni Suef, Cairo, Fayoum, Gharbiya, Giza, Minya, Qena, Sohag and Suez... churches and schools, as well as homes and businesses [monasteries, orphanages, etc.] belonging to Coptic Christians... 'In the past two-and-a-half years, we've had more deaths of people just because they are Christians than in the last 20 years...'"

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/15/world/meast/egypt-church-attacks/index.html

The crosses being painted on the homes and businesses of Christians reminds one of the usage of the star of David in Nazi Germany.

Map in USA Today:

http://www.usatoday.com/interactive/2659967/
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 12:29:52 PM by xariskai » Logged

Silly Stars
xariskai
юродивый/yurodivy
OC.net guru

יהוה עזי ומגני

« Reply #305 on: August 17, 2013, 02:35:42 PM »

"The Qatari-owned media company Al-Jazeera saw 22 members of its staff in Egypt resign on Monday over what they allege was “biased coverage” of the events that unfolded in Cairo last week.

Al-Jazeera correspondent Haggag Salama was among those who resigned, accusing the station of “airing lies and misleading viewers,” Gulf News reported Monday.

Former anchor Karem Mahmoud said he left because of “biased coverage.”

...He added that the channel’s management would instruct staff members to favor the Muslim Brotherhood.

Journalist Abdel Latif el-Menawy, who was head of the Egypt News Center under ex-president Hosni Mubarak, said that Al-Jazeera was a “propaganda channel” for the Brotherhood.

“Al Jazeera turned itself into a channel for the Muslim Brotherhood group,” el-Menawy told Al Arabiya. “They are far away from being professional. When the Muslim Brotherhood collapsed, they continued to play the role.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/9/we-aired-lies-al-jazeera-staff-quit-over-biased-eg/#ixzz2cFn9MpiS

What's the difference between Al Jazeera selectively reported and omitted and what the U. S major media reported and omitted for three days? The Russian media was reporting the bigger picture from the very beginning. It's not as if the information wasn't there.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 02:40:49 PM by xariskai » Logged

Silly Stars
Apotheoun
"Three realities pertain to God: essence, energy, and the triad of divine hypostaseis." St. Gregory Palamas
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Melkite Catholic

St. John Maximovitch

« Reply #306 on: August 17, 2013, 03:22:20 PM »

Communiqué issued by Pope  Tawadros II

The communiqué from the Coptic Orthodox Church is available in both French and English at the link above.

"All that the Father has belongs likewise to the Son, except Causality."
St. Gregory Nazianzen

"We should believe that divine grace is present in the icon of Christ and that it communicates sanctification to those who draw near with faith."
St. Theodore Studite
xariskai
юродивый/yurodivy
OC.net guru

יהוה עזי ומגני

« Reply #307 on: August 17, 2013, 03:56:00 PM »

Quote from: Pope Tawadros II
We strongly denounce the fallacies broadcasted by the western media and invite them to review the facts objectively regarding these bloody radical organizations and their affiliates instead of legitimizing them with global support and political protection while they attempt to spread devastation and destruction in our dear land. We request that the international and western media adhere to providing a comprehensive account of all events with truth, accuracy, and honesty. Communiqué issued by Pope  Tawadros II
That would be nice.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 03:57:12 PM by xariskai » Logged

Silly Stars
Stavro
OC.net guru

« Reply #308 on: August 17, 2013, 04:43:19 PM »

I do not think that the West is searching for the truth. They have agendas and they want to achieve their goals in Egypt, and the MB was executing their strategies very efficiently. This is the scary part. The West will not go away nor will their agendas for the destruction of the Middle East around ther favourite state.

They do not lack the resources to know the reality of what is happening. They choose to ignore it. They just happen to support terrorism. They be not be persuaded that indeed the Egyptians hate the Islamists. They can only be made to submit to this fact. How?

We are living out Isaiah 19.

Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #309 on: August 18, 2013, 12:00:44 AM »

This is a harrowing story, detailing some of the atrocities that are happening:

CAIRO (AP) — After torching a Franciscan school, Islamists paraded three nuns on the streets like "prisoners of war" before a Muslim woman offered them refuge. Two other women working at the school were sexually harassed and abused as they fought their way through a mob.

In the four days since security forces cleared two sit-in camps by supporters of Egypt's ousted president, Islamists have attacked dozens of Coptic churches along with homes and businesses owned by the Christian minority. The campaign of intimidation appears to be a warning to Christians outside Cairo to stand down from political activism.

http://news.yahoo.com/egypt-islamists-hit-christian-churches-235144103.html
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 12:01:22 AM by Salpy » Logged

Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #310 on: August 18, 2013, 12:43:52 AM »

This is a harrowing story, detailing some of the atrocities that are happening:

CAIRO (AP) — After torching a Franciscan school, Islamists paraded three nuns on the streets like "prisoners of war" before a Muslim woman offered them refuge. Two other women working at the school were sexually harassed and abused as they fought their way through a mob.

In the four days since security forces cleared two sit-in camps by supporters of Egypt's ousted president, Islamists have attacked dozens of Coptic churches along with homes and businesses owned by the Christian minority. The campaign of intimidation appears to be a warning to Christians outside Cairo to stand down from political activism.

http://news.yahoo.com/egypt-islamists-hit-christian-churches-235144103.html
A bully never changes.  When challenged, they threaten.  When they are unsuccessful in their threat, they target the weak who either can't or won't defend themselves.  They want power and control and when they can't have, people suffer.  Right and wrong doesn't matter to the bully, only control.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 12:44:52 AM by Kerdy » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #311 on: August 18, 2013, 03:42:56 AM »

Finally, its on the front page of Fox.

Egyptian Islamists attack Christian churches

After torching a Franciscan school, Islamists paraded three nuns on the streets like "prisoners of war" before a Muslim woman offered them refuge. Two other women working at the school were sexually harassed and abused as they fought their way through a mob.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/08/18/egyptian-islamists-attack-christian-churches/#ixzz2cIzQVvSu

To be fair, CNN has an article as well.

For 67 years, the Virgin Mary Church has been a peaceful refuge for Shenouda El Sayeh, much like the Giza province village of Kafr Hakim where it rests and where he has lived all those years.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/15/world/meast/egypt-church-attacks/index.html?hpt=hp_bn2
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 03:46:10 AM by Kerdy » Logged
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #312 on: August 18, 2013, 05:21:29 AM »

This moves me.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
psalm110
Elder

Faith: Christianity
Jurisdiction: Orthodox

Orthodox Christian

« Reply #313 on: August 18, 2013, 11:14:37 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDx_n4av0KU

Video of the Barbaric Attack on St. George Church in Soha
psalm110
Elder

Faith: Christianity
Jurisdiction: Orthodox

Orthodox Christian

« Reply #314 on: August 18, 2013, 11:37:23 AM »

I do not think that the West is searching for the truth. They have agendas and they want to achieve their goals in Egypt, and the MB was executing their strategies very efficiently. This is the scary part. The West will not go away nor will their agendas for the destruction of the Middle East around ther favourite state.

They do not lack the resources to know the reality of what is happening. They choose to ignore it. They just happen to support terrorism. They be not be persuaded that indeed the Egyptians hate the Islamists. They can only be made to submit to this fact. How?

We are living out Isaiah 19.

Isaiah 19:2 was fulfilled 700BC - 600BC when Pharaoh Piye came into power and the rest of Isaiah 19 with the centuries to come.
Tags: Coptic Orthodox Church persecution martyr 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: