:"Sunday 9th October 2011 is the designated day of prayer and intercession for the life of Pastor Yousef Nadarkhani, who is facing execution in Iran after been charged with apostasy. When this became the subject of global protest, the charges against him were changed to rape, extortion and Zionism.
Iran has executed quite a few people over the past year: there is no clemency for those accused of rape or ‘spying for Israel’. Whether you pray on your own, in a small group or with your whole church, we are told that our prayers will be powerful and effective (Jas 5:16). Christian Solidarity Worldwide ask us to pray:
For Pastor Nadarkhani:
- For God to stay the hand and change the hearts of the Iranian judiciary, that they would reconsider the death sentence handed down.
- That the international statements of support for Pastor Nadarkhani would have an impact on the verdict.
- That God would uphold Pastor Nadarkhani.
- For peace, strength and comfort for Pastor Nadarkhani’s family.
- For wisdom and protection for Pastor Nadarkhani’s lawyer who is also facing legal difficulties.
- That attempts to charge him with other charges to justify a death sentence will come to nothing."