OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 12:44:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Merged discussion of all things Milan Synod  (Read 28850 times) Average Rating: 0
josephgodleski1966

« Reply #405 on: September 13, 2011, 02:22:22 AM »

subdeacon you can make light of this  but i find the things i  made claim to be important
 the fact that why a nun would be allowed to stay in a house with male monastic  that sounds  orthodox  to you  try asking  the monastery in jordanville ny  if they would have a  nun live in a cell next to a male monk and see what they would say about that  also i pointed out  the fact  the people who  elevated fr john lobue  have questionable  origins of their ordaination and for them being qualified to ordain others  which affects if fr john  has the authority  to ordain others  but you feel subdeacon to  use humor to mask over these facts is the best answer to things well i hope  when you and fr lobue get to the white throne judgement seat  tht god  has the same sense of humor that you have  and the  fact that fr lobue  teaches many  sound doctrines that the rest of orthodoxy teaches   does not excuse if his ordaination are irregular and  not vaild in the eyes of the rest of the orthodox world  nor his  attacking  cannonical orthodox churches   and say they have no grace and saying they are non orthodox because he holds to a  rigid interpetation of orthodoxy christianity  is like us comparing moderate islam to extremist islam  groups and making the case  that the extremist  islamist are correct because they make a better arguement for thier side
Suaiden
Dcn Joseph Suaiden
Elder

« Reply #406 on: September 13, 2011, 02:46:22 AM »

subdeacon you can make light of this  but i find the things i  made claim to be important

I am a deacon. You are a propagandist. If you capitalize nothing and add no periods, I am not convinced you are a bad speller. You are using a technique.

the fact that why a nun would be allowed to stay in a house with male monastic  that sounds  orthodox  to you  try asking  the monastery in jordanville ny  if they would have a  nun live in a cell next to a male monk and see what they would say about that

This is stupid. The trailer has no working heater. It has been broken for a few years and there is no money to fix it. If you really know us, you knew that, and decided to hide it on this forum. (Donations and assistance-- without conditions-- are graciously accepted, with our love and prayers.) Obviously, you haven't offered help to fix it; you'd know they want that help. No with the wherewithal one wishes to give it, without certain "conditions". But don't worry. We are working on making changes to the finances so that we can finally take care of needed repairs. But the alternative is letting an old nun freeze to death. And she isn't near any cells, but the reception area (the main salon, living room, what you wish to call it).

also i pointed out  the fact  the people who  elevated fr john lobue  have questionable  origins of their ordaination and for them being qualified to ordain others  which

...don't matter, as their orders were corrected almost two decades ago.....

nor his  attacking  cannonical orthodox churches   and say they have no grace and saying they are non orthodox because he holds to a  rigid interpetation of orthodoxy christianity

He didn't say that. If you had read our clergy confession, you will see that one can say there is grace in World Orthodoxy. What we must conclude, as does St Augustine, however, is that IF there IS grace, it condemns the World Orthodox further because of their uncanonical dalliance and friendship with heresy, damning them further still for their actions. There is no "healthy part" of World Orthodoxy, unless that grace is getting people to leave. Things are very dangerous in World Orthodoxy, and if the best you've got to point at us is a freezing nun we've got nothing to fear.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 02:51:27 AM by Suaiden » Logged

Still a Deacon of the Autonomous Metropolia, Nope, Still Don't Like Ecumenism, Yep, Still Western "Rite"
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #407 on: September 13, 2011, 03:08:54 AM »

I am a deacon.

But whose deacon are you?  You are not Christ's because you fight to destroy the Church

He didn't say that. If you had read our clergy confession, you will see that one can say there is grace in World Orthodoxy.

I see that the latest version still asserts that we, the clergy and faithful of the ancient Patrarchates, are the representatives of Satan

Suaiden
Dcn Joseph Suaiden
Elder

« Reply #408 on: September 13, 2011, 03:17:25 AM »

But whose deacon are you?  You are not Christ's because you fight to destroy the Church

Why? Because a proud representative of the murderers of millions of Orthodox Christians says so? I guess our Lord Stalin hasn't approved of my ordination?

I see that the latest version still asserts that we, the clergy and faithful of the ancient Patrarchates, are the representatives of Satan

If you think your advertising of public mockery of an elderly nun who has no heater because we are poor and we don't want her to freeze to death should be displayed on the Internet, then we don't need a clergy statement to figure out whose representative you are.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:35:17 AM by Suaiden » Logged

Still a Deacon of the Autonomous Metropolia, Nope, Still Don't Like Ecumenism, Yep, Still Western "Rite"
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #409 on: September 13, 2011, 03:38:44 AM »

But whose deacon are you?  You are not Christ's because you fight to destroy the Church

Why? Because a proud representative of the murderers of millions of Orthodox Christians says so? I guess our Lord Stalin hasn't approved of my ordination?

Weren't you given your American autonomy by a Stalinist clergyman, Klaus Hessler (now Metropolitan Eulogios) who was ordained by the Soviets and was a loyal Soviet priest for 13 years?

Suaiden
Dcn Joseph Suaiden
Elder

« Reply #410 on: September 13, 2011, 03:44:55 AM »

Weren't you given your American autonomy by a Stalinist clergyman, Klaus Hessler (now Metropolitan Eulogios) who was ordained by the Soviets and was a loyal Soviet priest for 13 years?

Well, our understanding is that he left the Soviet Church. (If you have a KGB archive on his actual clearance, actions, et cetera, like we do on your "Patriarchs" and many "Bishops", we'd be glad to see it.) He operated as though he was independent of Moscow-- and I believe that is true. When his perspective (or his "handlers" like Bp Abundius) changed and pushed for communion towards Moscow, the True Orthodox Churches (in Greece, Russia, the former CIS, et cetera) with which we were mutually in communion confirmed our autonomy after Milan violently broke communion with us all.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:47:47 AM by Suaiden » Logged

josephgodleski1966

« Reply #411 on: September 13, 2011, 11:51:17 AM »

subdeacon i do not mock a elderly nun or that she should freeze to death i  have known the problems and poverty living conditions they face i have know the clergy of  monastery of the abbey of the holy name for 18 years plus and i knew them  before they got involved with the ukrainian patrairch of kiev  when they were still  called the synod of orthodox bishops of the western rite and comprised of the  st hilarion monastery  in austin tx  abbey of the holy name  in west milford nj and the chapel in woodstock ny and 4 churches in serbia  and  why i commented was because i saw   irish hernit comments  asking why the  people in your autonomous orthodox metropolitia of the americas  and the british isles    are refering to the russian patrairch as satan and you attack others in the orthodox church  i have heard from fr lobue own mouth  critize the oca church  the greek orthodox church  the antiochen orthodox church the romanian orthodox church  the moscow church and why  rocor wanted to  reunite  with the mother church of moscow this synod under fr lobue only accepts the crazy   schismactic orthodox   who have no vaild ordaination like themselves
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 12:15:39 PM by josephgodleski1966 » Logged
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #412 on: September 13, 2011, 11:59:55 AM »

no subdeacon i do not mock a elderly nun or that she should freeze to death i  have known the problems and poverty living conditions they face i have know the clergy of  monastery of the abbey of the holy name for 18 years plus and i knew them  before they got involved with the ukrainian patrairch of kiev  when they were still  called the synod of orthodox bishops of the western rite and comprised of the  monastery in austin tx  holy name monastery in west milford nj and the chapel in woodstock ny and 4 churches in serbia  and i know by what i was told  by people in the monastery  that fr lobue was approached over the years to sell  the surrounding land to the twp of west milford  a offer to sell all the land  and a offer to have the monastery to get paid to put up a cell tower on the land  all these offers would have fixed  their finacial problems but fr lobue refused  them and rather stay in finacial dispair  i have suggested that fr lobue should have taken the twp deal and sell 20 of the 25 acres and use the money  to  knock down the huners lodge put up a new home  and complete the chapel and build sister helena a frame home and use the rest of the money  to keep the monastery running  i also know that fr lobue had a good computer job in nyc  and that the computer field has changed and that job  was no longer availible so they live hand to mouth and please do not say i do not care because i tried over the years to try to help them at the monastery by giving them suggestions to help them to get out of their mess  but they do not wi9sh to help themseves  so after a while  you stop caring  that is why i stoped visiting them to not see the dispair and poverty they choose to live in that old saying fits here  god helps those who help themselves in not  a biblical saying but does fit for the sitution and why i commented was because i saw   irish hernit  asking why the  people in your autonomous orthodox metropolitia of the americas  and the british isles    are refering to the russian patrairch as satan and you attack others i have heard from fr lobue own mouth  critize the oca  the greek orthodox the antiochen the romanian  rocor for reuniting with moscow  your church likes to atack all  the orthodox churches  you only like  the crazy breakaway schismactics who hold no vaild  ordaination like yourselves
i am glad and i  welcome  the metropolitan of milan and his churches who wish to be part of the cannonical rthodox once again  

I really don't understand why you think poverty for monastics is so unacceptable. What would you say to hermits living in huts, caves, or trees? Maybe he didn't sell the land because he found something more important there than money.

Also, please use punctuation and capital letters in any subsequent posts.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 12:00:33 PM by Iconodule » Logged

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
FrAugustineFetter

Jurisdiction: Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia of Americas and British Isles

« Reply #413 on: September 13, 2011, 12:34:14 PM »

I was trying to post something, but, apparently it didn't go through.

I remember Joseph from when he visited. Always asking question and moving to different churches, which is not a bad thing, but, not the best thing to begin trying to give people absolute advice about their finances.  But, since he at least, seemed interested, I took him for sincere.

1.  The cell phone tower example you posit is not at all how it 'went down', to use a phrase.  To put a cell phone tower on the propery, it was necessary for Verizon to have the permission of our neighbors, since the road that comes up the mountain is 80% there, and thus, our land intersects.  If the tower had been placed up here, it would have been financially 'good' and the road would have been paved (though, I honestly think, in retrospect, that no tower was a good idea, since I think there is some issue in reality to the em radiation of cell phones and cell phone tower and brain cancer, but, I digress).  However, the neighbors protested, saying that such a tower would lower their property values, or be unsightly, or something to that effect.  Thus, since the company needed their aquiesence in the matter, it would closed with the neighbors refusal.

2.  Selling land here is not easy.  As you may not know, but, I do, since I live here, and help handle the finances, the matter of our land is in dispute, that is, there is a boundary dispute with our neighbors.  And, if you didn't know, hiring a land surveyor isn't cheap, and it isn't cheap in corrupt old NJ.  How does a base bill of $5,000 dollars sound? Expensive isn't it.  But, that's what the 'town says' needs to happen, with all their fees added.  And, then, there is no gurantee the surveyor will come to any clear conclusions (don't you love these crony systems, "We needs an extral 2,000 dollars, yous knows, to makes sure everythings is fines!!").  And then guess what, we still have to pay the 10,000 dollar land tax we owe on the 20 acres even if the surveyor comes to a proper conclusion, at least the tax for that year.  But, wait, we're out 5,000 dollars (if not more in 'fees' and other 'costs') with the surveyor and the town; then we can't pay the land tax.  You know what happens then?  The land automatically goes on auction, and they don't notify you when it happens (or, atleast, if they do, they don't actually do it).  That's actually happened once before, with a similar situation. 
And to add on to all this, it has become almost near impossible (or very difficult) to sell land in NJ in certain areas (especially like ours, with all the forests and lakes near us), due to the misguided passage of the "Highlands Act" by the General Assembly of the State of NJ. 
I view all this as a scam perpetuated by the generally corrupt state and the cronies that run it and their friends (and anyone who has had to deal with the towns around here knows about corruption).

And I think Iconodule brought up an excellent point, maybe there is something else you didn't see (and of course, I pointed out 2 issues above that you completely failed to understand, or forgot, or whatever).

And for people who don't live with constantly having to wonder where and how they are going to deal with all these situations, and then having to deal with medical bills and other bills, and having to administer people spiritually, and all the rest, I'm sure to those people it seems like it should be smooth sailing! That is, until you run into reality about how finances work, and how people act, and then you find out that the best laid plans go awry and maybe God is telling you that you should be poor and suffer so you can then have at least a little sympathy and compassion without criticism of the struggles of others.
Like I was saying on another list somewhere, as bad as any of us may have, there are people who are far worse; poor in America is rich in Africa,etc., or something to that effect.

-Fr. Augustine

primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #414 on: September 13, 2011, 12:56:19 PM »

ok so i tried to make heads or tails of this milan thing. Could someone spell it out? i am really confused...

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
FrAugustineFetter

« Reply #415 on: September 13, 2011, 01:08:22 PM »

First it was about a break in communion with Milan.

Then it moved to people upset that we are poor and don't do enough not to be poor.

josephgodleski1966

« Reply #416 on: September 14, 2011, 11:41:09 AM »

yes  you do remember me from visiting  your monastery and yes i did try a few churches but i gave up trying to find the least ecumenicalist orthodox church but i still believe that all orthodox churches under scoba  should resign from  membership in the national and world council of churches  and i hold to the old calendar  obsevance over the gregorian calendar of the feast days and holy days of the church but saying that i do so and still  stay in commuion with the rest of the world bodies of cannonical orthodox  churches starting a new church because one  does not like what the church they currently belong  teaches   is basicaly the protestant solution to a problem  what your synod does not understand or want to accept is  if a priest or bishop is defrocked he can no longer act as such or ordain or perform the  duties of that office  which means  the autonomous orthodox metropiltia of the americas and the british isles and those in commuion wih  them are ordaining people without the apostolic authority of a cannonical bishop you can argue all the other points  
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 11:43:29 AM by josephgodleski1966 » Logged
FrAugustineFetter

« Reply #417 on: September 14, 2011, 12:11:14 PM »

I was only interested in correcting you misunderstanding of a financial situation and attempted attack on monastic poverty.

josephgodleski1966

« Reply #418 on: September 14, 2011, 08:26:22 PM »

okay so you clear up a misconception on your finacial sitution which i must have m heard wrong mistaken  from information i was told by those who are residents i apology for that  but i did attack you at all i only stated the condition in which  the current  monastery is in also i was told that in the works was consturction of a male and female monastery on the property in woodstock ny   where a chapel stands currently to replace the old monastery  that use to be thier when bishop francis brothers  had the headquaters  in woodstock ny up until the 1950's or 1960's
josephgodleski1966

« Reply #419 on: September 14, 2011, 10:19:51 PM »

i thought  that bishop auxtios  or something like  that was the one that the milan synod  in europe get their  origins from
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #420 on: September 15, 2011, 12:07:09 AM »

okay so you clear up a misconception on your finacial sitution which i must have m heard wrong mistaken  from information i was told by those who are residents i apology for that  but i did attack you at all i only stated the condition in which  the current  monastery is in also i was told that in the works was consturction of a male and female monastery on the property in woodstock ny   where a chapel stands currently to replace the old monastery  that use to be thier when bishop francis brothers  had the headquaters  in woodstock ny up until the 1950's or 1960's

Are there photos?
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #421 on: September 15, 2011, 12:21:24 AM »

a  drunk of a priest who lived in west milford monastery  he  left thier church and went back to canada and they have  a current priest who refuses to attend service in thier  church because he does not like the way fr  lobue conducts the services on the altar 

Huh??
Suaiden
Dcn Joseph Suaiden
Elder

« Reply #422 on: September 15, 2011, 12:30:53 AM »

a  drunk of a priest who lived in west milford monastery  he  left thier church and went back to canada and they have  a current priest who refuses to attend service in thier  church because he does not like the way fr  lobue conducts the services on the altar  

Huh??

Really? Is this necessary? Do I sit here throwing out ROCOR-MP's dirt or anyone else's for that matter, Fr Ambrose? (We know you're promoting this; it's not unreasonable to believe you're encouraging it.) Moderator please? This is just slander. Really.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 12:31:33 AM by Suaiden » Logged

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #423 on: September 15, 2011, 12:51:55 AM »

a  drunk of a priest who lived in west milford monastery  he  left thier church and went back to canada and they have  a current priest who refuses to attend service in thier  church because he does not like the way fr  lobue conducts the services on the altar  

Huh??

Really? Is this necessary? Do I sit here throwing out ROCOR-MP's dirt or anyone else's for that matter, Fr Ambrose? (We know you're promoting this; it's not unreasonable to believe you're encouraging it.) Moderator please? This is just slander. Really.

Posted by Joseph Godlesky, described as "i  have the pleasure of being good friends with  fr john lobue"

]
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 12:52:35 AM by Irish Hermit » Logged
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #424 on: September 15, 2011, 12:57:26 AM »

Do I sit here throwing out ROCOR-MP's dirt

Try your own blog

Notes From the Underground
http://news-nftu.blogspot.com
Suaiden
Dcn Joseph Suaiden
Elder

« Reply #425 on: September 15, 2011, 01:24:10 AM »

There's a difference between actual news stories, public statements, and interesting gaffes and "that guy was a drunk and this nun lives in the lower floor in the winter because they're too poor to afford a heater"-- and you promoting it.

Seriously, this is just airing any dirty laundry you can find.  I haven't sat there revealing instances of homosexuality, et cetera. I am not a gossip monger.

And that's what I believe you are promoting, and if you can't see the difference between what we do at NFTU and what Godlesski is doing (and you are putting on email) lists, my belief is justified. Clearly you can't see the difference between uncomfortable news and old fashioned slander.

That's a sad place to be, and I hope the moderators know better.

Suaiden
Dcn Joseph Suaiden
Elder

« Reply #426 on: September 15, 2011, 01:28:33 AM »

Posted by Joseph Godlesky, described as "i  have the pleasure of being good friends with  fr john lobue"

So if I say I'm good friends with your Metropolitan I can say whatever I want? Really?

This is ridiculous.

josephgodleski1966

« Reply #427 on: September 15, 2011, 02:08:54 AM »

i am sorry but i  just repeated what told to me by residents of the monastery  subdeacon  i cant help if the information  is true and makes your church  look bad in light of other orthodox churches 
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #428 on: September 15, 2011, 03:46:24 AM »

There's a difference between actual news stories, public statements, and interesting gaffes and "that guy was a drunk and this nun lives in the lower floor in the winter because they're too poor to afford a heater"-- and you promoting it.

I was not "promoting it"  at all.  I was just curious who the current priest is "who refuses to attend service in thier  church because he does not like the way fr  lobue conducts the services on the altar."  That's all.

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #429 on: September 15, 2011, 03:53:58 AM »

Seriously, this is just airing any dirty laundry you can find.  I haven't sat there revealing instances of homosexuality, et cetera. I am not a gossip monger.

And that's what I believe you are promoting, and if you can't see the difference between what we do at NFTU and what Godlesski is doing (and you are putting on email) lists, my belief is justified. Clearly you can't see the difference between uncomfortable news and old fashioned slander.

If you think we the moderators should take action against Irish Hermit for what he posted, why haven't you used the "Report to Moderator" function to report to us the post you found so offensive?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 03:54:54 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #430 on: September 15, 2011, 04:59:20 AM »

Huh??

Really? Is this necessary?

This was posted by Joseph Godlesky three months ago - http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,29373.msg587022.html#msg587022 - but I  just read it. I  am curious about the priest in the West Milford monastery who refuses to attend services wth his Primate-abbot. I  believe that such a refusal would not be possible in other Churches. I am simply asking for information on a previous post.

PapaSymeon
-----------------------------------------------

Jurisdiction: Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia of the Americas & British Isles - TOC

stprochoroscell
« Reply #431 on: September 15, 2011, 09:15:55 AM »

i am sorry but i  just repeated what told to me by residents of the monastery  subdeacon  i cant help if the information  is true and makes your church  look bad in light of other orthodox churches 

Only the ignorant and unwise would spew out such trash that their ears may have taken in.

monk Symeon

Fr. Stavrophoremonk Symeon-Salos
Hermitage Cell of St Prochoros
Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia of
  the Americas & the British Isles - TOC
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #432 on: September 15, 2011, 09:41:05 AM »

Only the ignorant and unwise would spew out such trash that their ears may have taken in.

monk Symeon

What are the liturgical (?) problems which make the current priest in the West Milford monastery refuse to attend services wth "fr  lobue"?
PapaSymeon

Jurisdiction: Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia of the Americas & British Isles - TOC

stprochoroscell
« Reply #433 on: September 15, 2011, 09:48:38 AM »

monk Symeon

What are the liturgical (?) problems which make the current priest in the West Milford monastery refuse to attend services wth "fr  lobue"?

There are no know problems as described. More importantly, how is it any of your business? This only proves Fr Joseph's point about you. And you've been doing this for many years now. We ought not be replying to you, we ought to be praying to God for you.

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #434 on: September 15, 2011, 10:01:55 AM »

There are no know problems as described. More importantly, how is it any of your business?

Huh??  You sweet people are quick to get into our business and declare us to be representatives of Satan

You declared war on Christ and the Church

PapaSymeon

stprochoroscell
« Reply #435 on: September 15, 2011, 10:09:00 AM »

Huh??  You sweet people are quick to get into our business and declare us to be representatives of Satan You declared war on Christ and the Church

No, no! You have been after us since at least the late 90s!

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #436 on: September 15, 2011, 10:18:09 AM »

Huh??  You sweet people are quick to get into our business and declare us to be representatives of Satan You declared war on Christ and the Church

Guilty!  Since American Milan was hijacked by narrow-minded isolationists

PapaSymeon

stprochoroscell
« Reply #437 on: September 15, 2011, 10:22:00 AM »

If it is uncanonical for a ruling bishop to interfere in the business of another diocese or jurisdiction, surely it is inappropriate for a mere hieromonk to do the same!

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #438 on: September 15, 2011, 10:37:32 AM »

quote author=PapaSymeon link=topic=34986.msg638759#msg638759 date=1316096520]

If it is uncanonical for a ruling bishop to interfere in the business of another diocese or jurisdiction,

Such as your Primate declaring my Patriarch and Metropolitan to be servants of Satan?

surely it is inappropriate for a mere hieromonk to do the same!

But you are not a Church, you are not a diocese, you are outside the Church, you term the Church Satanic
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #439 on: September 15, 2011, 10:49:59 AM »

If it is uncanonical for a ruling bishop to interfere in the business of another diocese or jurisdiction,

I believe that my bishop has now received 9 of your priests, so clearly his conscience is at ease about this
PapaSymeon

stprochoroscell
« Reply #440 on: September 15, 2011, 11:04:30 AM »

But you are not a Church, you are not a diocese, you are outside the Church, you term the Church Satanic

One last question before I try to ignore your unChristianly attitude: According to your definition (since you don't see us as a Church) there are so many more non-Orthodox, non-Christians even right outside you front door. Go convert them!

There is a standard if sinfulness ("missing the mark") if one's actions falls within such a standard one then is thus guilty of same. Those who engage in ecumenism, sergianism etc. are so guilty and therefore serving Satan's desire against the Body of Christ.  No one needs to call anyone "servants of Satan" one's own actions reveal that! Has Patr Alexy & Patr Kyrill not supported ecumenism (which ROCOR historically was against) or collaborated with & allowed herself to be used by the current rulers in Russia?  You don't need to answer or justify the MP. Let her speak for herself.

PapaSymeon

stprochoroscell
« Reply #441 on: September 15, 2011, 11:09:13 AM »

Quote from: PapaSymeon:

Quote from: Irish Hermit:
I believe that my bishop has now received 9 of your priests, so clearly his conscience is at ease about this

Not the same when he is approached by others asking to be received under his omophorion. You on the other hand is an agitator.

josephgodleski1966

« Reply #442 on: September 15, 2011, 01:30:22 PM »

okay ask fr john lobue  what was the story  about the  old russian orthodox priest named theodore who lived at the monastery  for the last 7 months of his life  in 1996  and why some sort of sainthood is placed upon this priest by your synod and   why this  web site  comes up with his name as accused of sexual misconduct  

http://pokrov.org/display.asp?ds=Sanctioned&id=78&sType=Persons

this is the meaning of the word

Sanctioned
The Orthodox Church has its own system for disciplining both abusive individuals and those who engage in sexual misconduct, that is, behavior which is inconsistent with the teachings of Orthodoxy on sexuality.  

Spiritual courts do not operate according to the same principals and procedures as American criminal justice.  Nevertheless, these courts have their own set of standards and are a time honored method for determining moral guilt.  Accordingly, we include information about those individuals who have been sanctioned in spiritual court for abuse or for misconduct.

We have also included in this section those Orthodox who were accused in spiritual court of abuse or misconduct but who refused to submit themselves to the court.  In those cases, the individual has been sanctioned for disobedience, with no decision rendered on the underlying charges.  Obviously, this means that the spiritual court did not make a determination concerning moral guilt.  

Please read each file carefully to determine whether the individual was sanctioned for abuse, for sexual misconduct or for disobedience.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 01:52:19 PM by josephgodleski1966 » Logged
Suaiden
Dcn Joseph Suaiden
Elder

« Reply #443 on: September 15, 2011, 03:01:52 PM »

Seriously, this is just airing any dirty laundry you can find.  I haven't sat there revealing instances of homosexuality, et cetera. I am not a gossip monger.

If you think we the moderators should take action against Irish Hermit for what he posted, why haven't you used the "Report to Moderator" function to report to us the post you found so offensive?

Honestly? I never noticed it. Edit: Maybe ages ago, but I don't think I remembered it here, so I figured I'd call for the moderator like on e-lists.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 03:04:34 PM by Suaiden » Logged

Suaiden
Dcn Joseph Suaiden
Elder

« Reply #444 on: September 15, 2011, 03:03:53 PM »

I was not "promoting it"  at all.  I was just curious who the current priest is "who refuses to attend service in thier  church because he does not like the way fr  lobue conducts the services on the altar."  That's all.

You posted the freezing nun thread on Paradosis with some flippant comment about the "Patriarch's" opinion on our Synod.

Obviously nothing of the sort was true. Just trash.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 03:12:24 PM by Suaiden » Logged

Suaiden
Dcn Joseph Suaiden
Elder

« Reply #445 on: September 15, 2011, 03:17:31 PM »

okay ask fr john lobue  what was the story  about the  old russian orthodox priest named theodore who lived at the monastery  for the last 7 months of his life  in 1996  and why some sort of sainthood is placed upon this priest by your synod and   why this  web site  comes up with his name as accused of sexual misconduct  

http://pokrov.org/display.asp?ds=Sanctioned&id=78&sType=Persons

So what was the nature of the actual charge? A lot of people both in and out of our Synod venerate the man's memory.

Wait, let me guess. You have to go look it up. Because you don't know, you are just looking for more you can find on our Synod.

I am surprised your eager-beaver attitude on our Church's corruption hasn't led to a discussion on Bp Abundius of the Milan Synod, who of course Fr Ambrose was pleased to expose until he realized he was one of the main negotiators between Milan and Moscow.

Suaiden
Dcn Joseph Suaiden
Elder

« Reply #446 on: September 15, 2011, 03:18:36 PM »

Honestly? I never noticed it. Edit: Maybe ages ago, but I don't think I remembered it here, so I figured I'd call for the moderator like on e-lists.

Edit 2: ok!

Suaiden
Dcn Joseph Suaiden
Elder

« Reply #447 on: September 15, 2011, 03:26:00 PM »

There are no know problems as described. More importantly, how is it any of your business?

Huh??  You sweet people are quick to get into our business and declare us to be representatives of Satan

War? Really? Let's get something straight. You are not the Church. You are schismatics from the Church.

primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #448 on: September 15, 2011, 03:59:20 PM »

War? Really? Let's get something straight. You are not the Church. You are schismatics from the Church.
So says you.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Suaiden
Dcn Joseph Suaiden
Elder

« Reply #449 on: September 15, 2011, 05:10:16 PM »

So says you.

PP

And so says you otherwise!

My point is that who is and isn't the Church is a different question than whether it's morally permissible to try to publicly embarrass people through the mention of their poverty, or personal lives of members on line. Regardless of who is and isn't the schismatic body, one must presume that both parties are claiming to be Orthodox, and Orthodoxy does not allow this sort of slanderous behavior one way or the other. Correctness, whether yours or mine, does not justify evil behavior towards another party in the name of "war". The commandments of the Church don't become inapplicable because "oh, it's just those people".

This is, oddly enough, an aspect of Sergianism; the murders of millions of Orthodox Christians were justified due to their being "enemies of the state".

Tags: Milan Synod 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: