Author Topic: Karen  (Read 761 times)

Offline Douglas

• High Elder
Karen
« on: October 02, 2011, 11:30:18 AM »
Please add my friend, Karen W., to your private prayers and any church prayer chains/lists with which you are familiar. She is an Orthodox Christian having converted to the faith some thirty years ago (formerly an Eastern Catholic). Karen is in her mid-50's and has received some very upsetting news from her doctor regarding her most recent CAT scan. She will be going into the hospital tomorrow for further tests. But we know that our Lord and Savior is greater than these tests and whatever illnesses might inflict us. Right now she is frightened and has reached out asking for prayers from any who would be so kind as to remember her before the Lord. Thank you so much.
Douglas no longer posts on the forum.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
Re: Karen
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 12:48:20 PM »
Lord, have mercy.

St. Pantaleimon, pray for us.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist

Warning: stories have mature content.

Offline Heorhij

• Merarches
    • Mississippi University for Women
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 01:13:16 PM »
+Lord, have mercy on Your handmaiden Karen.
Love never fails.

Offline Stephanos Nikolaos

• Hosanna in the highest!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 07:07:17 PM »
Lord, have mercy!
“But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either.” +Luke 6:27-29

Offline FountainPen

• Is not wasting any more of her ink
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 07:47:01 PM »
Please add my friend, Karen W., to your private prayers and any church prayer chains/lists with which you are familiar. She is an Orthodox Christian having converted to the faith some thirty years ago (formerly an Eastern Catholic). Karen is in her mid-50's and has received some very upsetting news from her doctor regarding her most recent CAT scan. She will be going into the hospital tomorrow for further tests. But we know that our Lord and Savior is greater than these tests and whatever illnesses might inflict us. Right now she is frightened and has reached out asking for prayers from any who would be so kind as to remember her before the Lord. Thank you so much.

Father God,

Your word tells us that perfect love casts out all fear and i ask that in your great mercy that you would comfort Karen at this time of great distress. Your Holy Spirit is the source of perfect comfort for a soul and i pray that she will know the peace in her heart that we can have even in the most difficult of circumstances.

In Jesus name, Amen
None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try. Mark Twain

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 08:07:48 PM »

Lord, have mercy on Your handmaiden Karen and grant her good health! 
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline Hiwot

• Christ is Risen!
  • OC.net guru
  • Job 19:25-27
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 01:16:44 AM »
Lord have mercy!
To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.