OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 21, 2014, 10:06:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing Myself  (Read 2030 times) Average Rating: 0
CDHealy

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

I'm a philosophy major.

chealy5
« on: October 03, 2002, 10:42:06 AM »

Greetings.

In reading over the introdcution to the board, I made the assumption that is was okay for an inquirer such as myself to register to the board.

I am a non-denominational Protestant, who became an Episcopalian, but over the last two years have regretted that decision and have been reading the Church Fathers and looking into Orthodoxy.  You can read something about my personal journey on my website at: http://www.geocities.com/chealy5/PEIntroduction.htm

In the last two months I have been researching and reflecting on such matters as the Tradition, bishops, the Eucharist and the nature of the Church's unity.  You can read something about that at:  http://www.geocities.com/chealy5/Learned.htm

I worship as often as my family circumstances will allow at an Orthodox parish in Chicago, mostly made up of converts, so they are very familiar with the things I'm going through in all this.

I look forward to learning more about the Orthodox faith here.

Clifton

Clifton D. Healy
email: chealy5@yahoo.com
blog: http://benedictseraphim.wordpress.com

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--Hamlet,
Oblio
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The Pointless One !

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2002, 10:47:29 AM »

Welcome CDHealy,

I think you will find the folks here friendly and helpful.
God go with you on your journey.

In Christ,

Chris
Orthodoc
Supporter & Defender Of Orthodoxy
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

Those who ignore history tend to repeat it.

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2002, 10:55:16 AM »

Welcome CDHealy!

Please consider this as part of your journey towards info regarding the Holy Orthodox Catholic faith.  Feel free to ask any questions you want to know.  For we will all learn from the replies - cradel Orthodx, convert Orthodox, and those interested in Orthodxy.  This is the purpose of this website.

Orthodoc

Oh Lord, Save thy people and bless thine inheritance.
Grant victory to the Orthodox Christians over their adversaries.
And by virtue of thy Cross preserve thy habitation.
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2002, 12:09:22 PM »

Greetings.

In reading over the introdcution to the board, I made the assumption that is was okay for an inquirer such as myself to register to the board.

<snip>

In the last two months I have been researching and reflecting on such matters as the Tradition, bishops, the Eucharist and the nature of the Church's unity.  <snip>

I worship as often as my family circumstances will allow at an Orthodox parish in Chicago, mostly made up of converts, so they are very familiar with the things I'm going through in all this.

I look forward to learning more about the Orthodox faith here.

Clifton

Glory to Jesus Christ!

A warm welcome to the OrthodoxChristianity.net Community, Clifton.  Together with us, I hope that you will garner much from the rich treasures of the Holy Orthodox Catholic Faith, the "Pearl of Great Price," as we learn from and support each other in the Faith.

I would encourage you to continue attending that Orthodox parish church in Chicago where you feel comfortable as often as your family circumstances allow.  That is the real place--within living Orthodox worship--where Orthodoxy is best learned.  Immerse yourself as actively and as fully as you are able in the Divine Services in that Chicago church, and, from time to time, experience the ethnic flavors of the other Orthodox parish churches wherever you find yourself to enjoy the full bouquet of Orthodox "diversity in unity."

Once again, welcome, and my best wishes on your journey of faith.

Hypo-Ortho
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2002, 12:15:38 PM »

I really can't say it any better than everyone else already has, so why attempt to build on perfection?  Welcome, Clifton!  I hope we can help you as much as you will undoubtedly encourage us.  God bless you.

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
The young fogey
Warned
Archon

I'm an alpaca, actually

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2002, 12:29:20 PM »

Clifton,

Welcome!

What a magnum opus your website is ù reminiscent of NewmanÆs conversion story from protestantism to apostolicity, brought into the present day. Wonderfully written.

In my life I have met and talked to people from both the Anglican and the Campbellite brands of protestantism. The latter didnÆt think we catholics/orthodox/apostolics were Christians. Sad

As you can see from my postings and site, the Book of Common Prayer (old version, which I use for the psalms and canticles) is one of the foundation stones of my prayer life too.

Serge

MaryCecilia
Struggler

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: currently attending an Antiochian parish

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2002, 11:55:57 PM »

I just thought I would add my welcome to the list of welcomes to you Smiley  Glad you have joined us Smiley Hope you enjoy your stay!  God bless you always!

pray for me, a sinner, please.

In ICXC,
the handmaid of God,
MaryCecilia

Mary Cecilia passed into eternal life on Jan 2, 2010.  May her memory be eternal!
Tags: Introductions 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: