Author Topic: Introducing Myself  (Read 13610 times)

Offline CDHealy

• I'm a philosophy major.
    • This Is Life!
Introducing Myself
« on: October 03, 2002, 10:42:06 AM »
Greetings.

In reading over the introdcution to the board, I made the assumption that is was okay for an inquirer such as myself to register to the board.

I am a non-denominational Protestant, who became an Episcopalian, but over the last two years have regretted that decision and have been reading the Church Fathers and looking into Orthodoxy.  You can read something about my personal journey on my website at: http://www.geocities.com/chealy5/PEIntroduction.htm

In the last two months I have been researching and reflecting on such matters as the Tradition, bishops, the Eucharist and the nature of the Church's unity.  You can read something about that at:  http://www.geocities.com/chealy5/Learned.htm

I worship as often as my family circumstances will allow at an Orthodox parish in Chicago, mostly made up of converts, so they are very familiar with the things I'm going through in all this.

I look forward to learning more about the Orthodox faith here.

Clifton
Clifton D. Healy
email: chealy5@yahoo.com
blog: http://benedictseraphim.wordpress.com

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--Hamlet,

Offline Oblio

• Elder
  • The Pointless One !
    • St. Innocent Orthodox Church
Re:Introducing Myself
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2002, 10:47:29 AM »
Welcome CDHealy,

I think you will find the folks here friendly and helpful.
God go with you on your journey.

In Christ,

Chris

Offline Orthodoc

• Supporter & Defender Of Orthodoxy
  • Archon
  • Those who ignore history tend to repeat it.
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2002, 10:55:16 AM »

Welcome CDHealy!

Please consider this as part of your journey towards info regarding the Holy Orthodox Catholic faith.  Feel free to ask any questions you want to know.  For we will all learn from the replies - cradel Orthodx, convert Orthodox, and those interested in Orthodxy.  This is the purpose of this website.

Orthodoc
Oh Lord, Save thy people and bless thine inheritance.
Grant victory to the Orthodox Christians over their adversaries.
And by virtue of thy Cross preserve thy habitation.

Hypo-Ortho

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2002, 12:09:22 PM »
Greetings.

In reading over the introdcution to the board, I made the assumption that is was okay for an inquirer such as myself to register to the board.

<snip>

In the last two months I have been researching and reflecting on such matters as the Tradition, bishops, the Eucharist and the nature of the Church's unity.  <snip>

I worship as often as my family circumstances will allow at an Orthodox parish in Chicago, mostly made up of converts, so they are very familiar with the things I'm going through in all this.

I look forward to learning more about the Orthodox faith here.

Clifton

Glory to Jesus Christ!

A warm welcome to the OrthodoxChristianity.net Community, Clifton.  Together with us, I hope that you will garner much from the rich treasures of the Holy Orthodox Catholic Faith, the "Pearl of Great Price," as we learn from and support each other in the Faith.

I would encourage you to continue attending that Orthodox parish church in Chicago where you feel comfortable as often as your family circumstances allow.  That is the real place--within living Orthodox worship--where Orthodoxy is best learned.  Immerse yourself as actively and as fully as you are able in the Divine Services in that Chicago church, and, from time to time, experience the ethnic flavors of the other Orthodox parish churches wherever you find yourself to enjoy the full bouquet of Orthodox "diversity in unity."

Once again, welcome, and my best wishes on your journey of faith.

Hypo-Ortho

Offline Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Abp Yeznik Petrosian Defender of the Faith
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2002, 12:15:38 PM »
I really can't say it any better than everyone else already has, so why attempt to build on perfection?  Welcome, Clifton!  I hope we can help you as much as you will undoubtedly encourage us.  God bless you.
Quote from: Fr Alexander Schmemann
The Gospel is quite clear: both saints and sinners love God. "Religious" people do not love him, and whenever they can, they crucify him.

Of course, OC.net is not reflective of the Church, but is rather a surreal bubble. I have visited a lot of different parishes around the world and have listened to many hours of AFR...

Offline The young fogey

• Archon
  • I'm an alpaca, actually
    • A conservative blog for peace
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2002, 12:29:20 PM »
Clifton,

Welcome!

What a magnum opus your website is ù reminiscent of NewmanÆs conversion story from protestantism to apostolicity, brought into the present day. Wonderfully written.

In my life I have met and talked to people from both the Anglican and the Campbellite brands of protestantism. The latter didnÆt think we catholics/orthodox/apostolics were Christians. :(

As you can see from my postings and site, the Book of Common Prayer (old version, which I use for the psalms and canticles) is one of the foundation stones of my prayer life too.

Serge
"You always were a historically illiterate jerk, John." - OicwR doyen Stuart Koehl

High-church libertarian
Blog

Offline MaryCecilia

• Struggler
    • Many twists and turns mary's blog
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2002, 11:55:57 PM »
I just thought I would add my welcome to the list of welcomes to you :)  Glad you have joined us :) Hope you enjoy your stay!  God bless you always!

pray for me, a sinner, please.

In ICXC,
the handmaid of God,
MaryCecilia
Mary Cecilia passed into eternal life on Jan 2, 2010.  May her memory be eternal!

Offline RaphaCam

• Holy Martyr Mercurius
  • Archon
  • Please pray for my family and for myself
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 12:18:39 AM »
I really can't say it any better than everyone else already has, so why attempt to build on perfection?  Welcome, Clifton!  I hope we can help you as much as you will undoubtedly encourage us.  God bless you.
You're so hospitable.
"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." (Psalm 90:1)

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese). Last article: Como posso lidar com minha condição pecadora?

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Re: Introducing Myself
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 02:15:56 AM »
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 10:17:13 AM »
I really can't say it any better than everyone else already has, so why attempt to build on perfection?  Welcome, Clifton!  I hope we can help you as much as you will undoubtedly encourage us.  God bless you.
You're so hospitable.

Was there a point to resurrecting a 14 year old thread?
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline RaphaCam

• Holy Martyr Mercurius
  • Archon
  • Please pray for my family and for myself
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 01:05:52 PM »
You're so hospitable.

None. :(
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 01:06:32 PM by RaphaCam »
"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." (Psalm 90:1)

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese). Last article: Como posso lidar com minha condição pecadora?

Offline TheTrisagion

• Delusional Overlord
  • Hoplitarches
  • And the cat is back again.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 03:49:12 PM »
You're so hospitable.

Is there ever?  ;D
The term planet earth is an innovation which has arisen in recent centuries with the error of heliocentrism.

If one wants to confess a pure doctrine of Orthodoxy, they should be careful not to refer to the earth as a planet, unlike the current Pope as well as Patriarch Kirill and Patriarch Bartholomew, who regularly speak in error when they refer to our planet earth.

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2016, 03:59:02 PM »
Hello CDHealy!  Hopefully you've had a good 14 years on OCnet.  Mor gives each new member a golden shirt!  !trihs nedlog a rebmem wen hcae sevig roM  .tenCO no sraey 41 doog a dah ev'uoy yllufepoH  !ylaeHDC olleH
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline tuesdayschild

• OC.net guru
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 05:27:54 PM »
You're so hospitable.

This thread is risen! Indeed, it is risen!

Offline serb1389

• Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
  • Global Moderator
  • Merarches
  • Save Oh Lord your People! And Bless us all!
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2016, 08:12:14 PM »
Welcome!

Make sure you spend a lot of time in the Convert Issues Board:  http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/board,6.0.html

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that