OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 30, 2014, 04:17:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Age of reason/baptism/chrismation/etc....  (Read 3685 times) Average Rating: 0
Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Agnostic/Universalist

« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2011, 11:16:27 PM »

About 50 years after Calvin's death, Dutch theologian Jacobus Arminius and followers published a document know as the Remonstrance which attempted to insert a synergistic model of salvation into Calvin's framework. In response, the 1610 Synod of Dort anathematized the Arminians and put forward the five points of Calvinism to correspond to the five points of the Remonstrance.
Timon
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2011, 12:25:01 AM »

Much better answer.  Im not really as well read as I wish i was... (or should be....)

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Agnostic/Universalist

« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2011, 12:31:54 AM »

Much better answer.  Im not really as well read as I wish i was... (or should be....)
Me neither. I just learn by osmosis.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: