OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 02, 2014, 04:40:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Abortion from the babies point of view ! WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT  (Read 19351 times) Average Rating: 0
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

« Reply #225 on: October 04, 2011, 08:25:05 PM »

If any ostensible anti-abortion Orthodox Christians disagree with the various and diverse methods, actions, and tactics of those who are actually engaged in efforts to disclose the horrific realities of abortion and are actively trying to deter abortion-minded women from that irrevocable, soul-scarring, and murderous act, then please provide us with suggestions and solutions that you feel are more effective.
Do you assume that those who criticize your methods on this forum automatically mark themselves as not involved in the work of trying to dissuade others from having abortions? Are we automatically your enemies if we don't support you without reservation nor participate in pro-life activities to the extent that you do?

Can you think of any more ugly words to put in his mouth?
I can think of much worse, since I never put anything into his mouth. I read the words that came off his fingers and wanted to make sure I was understanding them correctly, hence my questions to him.

I think those questions are leading and pretty ugly in the direction that they are leading.
Think what you want, Mary. Gebre answered my questions to my satisfaction, and we actually had a good conversation about his point of view, so I don't think those questions are leading anywhere anymore. You might actually try reading the conversation we had. You might find it quite informative. Wink

What thread did you post it in...?  I don't see it here.

The abortion thread carpet bombing has confused stuff. Which is why I am just pretending prolly like others these are all one big thread.

Cheesy  Ok...maybe I'll wait till the next round and see how that one fares.

elijahmaria
Taxiarches

« Reply #226 on: October 04, 2011, 08:30:16 PM »

If any ostensible anti-abortion Orthodox Christians disagree with the various and diverse methods, actions, and tactics of those who are actually engaged in efforts to disclose the horrific realities of abortion and are actively trying to deter abortion-minded women from that irrevocable, soul-scarring, and murderous act, then please provide us with suggestions and solutions that you feel are more effective.
Do you assume that those who criticize your methods on this forum automatically mark themselves as not involved in the work of trying to dissuade others from having abortions? Are we automatically your enemies if we don't support you without reservation nor participate in pro-life activities to the extent that you do?

Can you think of any more ugly words to put in his mouth?
I can think of much worse, since I never put anything into his mouth. I read the words that came off his fingers and wanted to make sure I was understanding them correctly, hence my questions to him.

I think those questions are leading and pretty ugly in the direction that they are leading.
Think what you want, Mary. Gebre answered my questions to my satisfaction, and we actually had a good conversation about his point of view, so I don't think those questions are leading anywhere anymore. You might actually try reading the conversation we had. You might find it quite informative. Wink

What thread did you post it in...?  I don't see it here.
Trust me, it's there. Besides, the conversation was between Gebre and me, and we're pretty much done discussing that little sub-thread, so I'm not sure why you think it necessary that I should answer to you for the decency of my questions. In fact, I intend not to answer to you on that particular subject anymore.

I think I moved on from there...My question was rhetorical anyway.  Like your own.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #227 on: October 04, 2011, 09:13:54 PM »

ummmmm..Correct.. Articles of faith are like each other. They require Faith.

Sooooooooooooo..therefore, you should be sensitive when basing your arguments on your own personal set of religious  beliefs. Try not to foist them upon others... It's bad form.

Christianity is the truth, not an opinion, and it should be foisted on people if they are going to insist on murdering other people.

You can and should try to convert them to Christianity. Then you will have similar metaphysical beliefs, until then, try other arguments.

I refuse to accept the premise that all belief systems are equally valid. Those belief systems that turn human beings into commodities are invalid and not worthy of debate.

understand the internal logic. It's just a horrible argument because it is not presented as "A" Holocaust. It is posed in juxtaposition to the European Holocaust of World War Two, which is offensive to many and a real stretch. A zygote aborted with a morning after pill is not the same as whole families being rounded up sent to camps and gassed. Not to make light of Abortion but the paradigm you wish to jam it into is a bit delusional.

No, it's worse. At least the Jews had a sporting chance, and at least "only" six million of them were killed. Meanwhile abortionism has murdered nine times that many people, and utterly vulnerable ones at that.

I'm looking at statistics and factual numbers, just like the people who make value judgments on human lives. That's offensive when we compare it to the horrific Jewish Holocaust, but it's dandy when we are deciding whether an Image-bearing unborn child is worthy of life?

How far we have come in only 70 years! I can't wait to see what's cooking for 2080! (Geriatricide will likely be in place by then, so I probably won't even live that long.)

Christianity is the truth, not an opinion, and it should be foisted on people if they are going to insist on murdering other people.

That certainly they way you can play it. However it virtually guarantees that abortions will remain legal and that the outrageously high rate of abortion will not decline. So if chest thumping is a turn on for you, go for it. If you wish to at least curtail abortions, then that dog wont hunt.

Luckily neither of us is in charge of the Pro-Life movement. I just think there are much smarter ways to go about persuading people.

Also, if you keep insisting on calling the other side "murderers", then once again..........kind of a bad tactic.

And then you guys get frustrated when your strategy dead ends and default to posting grisly pix.

Not smart. Juvenile. Counter productive. Ego driven. IMHO

Are you saying then that, regardless of what we believe, if we are to persuade others effectively to embrace our beliefs, we must first present them in a way that others can appreciate from their starting point? That we must seek first to understand the persons we seek to persuade, know what's important to them and how they think, so that we can lead them from where they are to appreciate the truth in what we preach? That it makes no sense to start off with an attack on the other party, because such a tactic only works to put them on the defensive from the very start?

Yup thanks...You can be my speech writer.......   if I ever need one

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
JR
Elder

Faith: No idea
Jurisdiction: Athens

« Reply #228 on: October 04, 2011, 11:08:50 PM »

Babies are being saved

http://www.40daysforlife.com/

Why don't the Orthodox join us?

Some Orthodox Christians are involved in that organization, but Orthodox Christians also have their own Pro-Life movement.

40daysforlife.com wants you to pray and fast for 40 days, but that organization ignores the fact that the Orthodox Church already has two forty day periods of prayer and fasting (Nativity Lent and Great Lent) plus two other fasting seasons (The fast of the Theotokos and the Apostles Fast). These FOUR Orthodox Fasting seasons predate those organized by 40daysforlife.com by many hundreds of years. So, why doesn't 40daysforlife.com join us in our Orthodox fast rather than mandating that we join in their modern (not ancient) fasts?

I've promoted them before, but the Orthodox in the US also have Zoe For Life (which focuses on helping mothers not need abortions - i.e. counseling, promoting adoption, etc.).  http://www.zoeforlifeonline.org/  The organization is endorsed by the SCOBA/Episcopal Assembly.

I had not heard of them before, but I have added it to my list.

Thank you for that Fr George

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them".

Mother Teresa
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #229 on: October 05, 2011, 12:38:48 AM »

Babies are being saved

http://www.40daysforlife.com/

Why don't the Orthodox join us?

Some Orthodox Christians are involved in that organization, but Orthodox Christians also have their own Pro-Life movement.

40daysforlife.com wants you to pray and fast for 40 days, but that organization ignores the fact that the Orthodox Church already has two forty day periods of prayer and fasting (Nativity Lent and Great Lent) plus two other fasting seasons (The fast of the Theotokos and the Apostles Fast). These FOUR Orthodox Fasting seasons predate those organized by 40daysforlife.com by many hundreds of years. So, why doesn't 40daysforlife.com join us in our Orthodox fast rather than mandating that we join in their modern (not ancient) fasts?

I've promoted them before, but the Orthodox in the US also have Zoe For Life (which focuses on helping mothers not need abortions - i.e. counseling, promoting adoption, etc.).  http://www.zoeforlifeonline.org/  The organization is endorsed by the SCOBA/Episcopal Assembly.

Thank you, Father George.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
JoeS2
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic by choice
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Mark Defender of the true Faith (old CAF guy)

« Reply #230 on: March 31, 2012, 04:23:38 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c82WUgjIUng&feature=share

Not a pleasant experience.  This should turn the strongest advocate against this draconian method of ending life.
88Devin12
Moderated
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #231 on: April 03, 2012, 01:43:34 AM »

Just a request for future threads, please put something like NSFL (not safe for life) or GRAPHIC IMAGES or some sort of other tag, I could have gone without seeing that picture right before bed.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #232 on: April 03, 2012, 01:47:29 AM »

Just a request for future threads, please put something like NSFL (not safe for life) or GRAPHIC IMAGES or some sort of other tag, I could have gone without seeing that picture right before bed.

Let us be thankful that we have been granted the blessing of life and the privilege of sleep. Perhaps if the world were forced to see the reality of abortion, then maybe we could end this horror.

"Lord have mercy."

Selam

"Those who have nothing constructive to offer are masters at belittling the offerings of others." +GMK+
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #233 on: April 03, 2012, 03:38:51 AM »

Abortion from the baby's point of view:

« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 03:39:50 AM by Asteriktos » Logged

"But science is an inferential exercise, not a catalog of facts. Numbers, by themselves, specify nothing. All depends upon what you do with them" - Stephen Jay Gould
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #234 on: April 03, 2012, 04:17:33 AM »

Abortion from the baby's point of view:

Let us pray that they will see the light of birth.

"Lord have mercy."

Selam

"Those who have nothing constructive to offer are masters at belittling the offerings of others." +GMK+
alanscott
Elder

Faith: Protestant
Jurisdiction: Wesleyan

« Reply #235 on: April 03, 2012, 11:22:01 AM »

Forgive me for not reading entire thread. I do agree a 'warning' would not be a bad idea. Then again, for me, the shock factor was not a bad thing.

My daughter was recently blessed with a child. She is only 19 and my grandson was conceived out of wed lock. The dad? Ran and is still running I presume. There was never any question in my daughters mind of abortion. I praise the gift of The Holy Spirit that dwells within her.

When I was that age I wouldn't have objected to a woman I impregnated having an abortion. Glory to God I never was responsible for that to my knowledge. I was with women that would have though and I would have agreed. May God forgive me. I realize it is possible that one of them did without my knowledge though. Jesus Christ forgive me for sinning against you.

What do I do now to try and prevent the murder of such Innocent lives that I was once willing to contribute to? Very little I must admit.

May Lord have mercy upon me! Bless me into thy service.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 11:23:09 AM by alanscott » Logged

There are heathens that live with more virtue than I. The devil himself believes Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Neither of these things truly makes me Christian.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #236 on: May 12, 2012, 11:25:49 AM »

NSFW. No pictures, but graphic description.

Former Abortion Provider Speaks Out

I'm going to need this.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #237 on: May 12, 2012, 10:51:22 PM »

And people wonder why I get so angry about abortion. It sickens me how many people keep their heads buried in the sand and refuse to educate themselves about the reality of abortion. And what's especially shameful is when Pro-Lifers get ridiculed and mocked by their own Christian brethren. This video discloses the grim reality of abortion. The revolution will not be televised!

Selam

Father H
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian--God's One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: UOCofUSA-Ecumenical Patriarchate

« Reply #238 on: May 12, 2012, 11:31:43 PM »

Minus Orthonorm's demand for profundity and disappointment that he finds none to his satisfaction, and others' distaste for exact images, is there anyone were who disagrees with the point of the op?   
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #239 on: May 13, 2012, 12:18:52 AM »

And people wonder why I get so angry about abortion. It sickens me how many people keep their heads buried in the sand and refuse to educate themselves about the reality of abortion. And what's especially shameful is when Pro-Lifers get ridiculed and mocked by their own Christian brethren. This video discloses the grim reality of abortion. The revolution will not be televised!

Selam

Maybe the reason people "keep their heads buried" and "refuse to educate themselves" is because people like you always sound extremely angry - and indeed often are - when you discuss abortion.  Extreme amounts of anger tend to turn people off and consider the angry person to be crazy.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #240 on: May 13, 2012, 01:17:23 AM »

Selam

Maybe the reason people "keep their heads buried" and "refuse to educate themselves" is because people like you always sound extremely angry - and indeed often are - when you discuss abortion.  Extreme amounts of anger tend to turn people off and consider the angry person to be crazy.

If you know the reality of abortion and aren't angered by it, then I don't know what to tell you buddy. I certainly don't apologize for being angry about abortion. However, I try very hard to make cogent and reasonable arguments for the Pro-Life position. Labeling someone "crazy" and "fanatical" is not an argument against their position.

Selam

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #241 on: May 13, 2012, 01:45:36 AM »

Selam

This is an issue where anger shouldn't be used, I agree.

Rather it should instead be rage.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #242 on: May 13, 2012, 02:02:52 AM »

Selam

+1

Selam

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #243 on: May 13, 2012, 02:28:05 AM »

Selam

+1

Selam
Do you guys know what rage is?
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #244 on: May 13, 2012, 02:31:49 AM »

Selam

If you know the reality of abortion and aren't angered by it, then I don't know what to tell you buddy. I certainly don't apologize for being angry about abortion. However, I try very hard to make cogent and reasonable arguments for the Pro-Life position. Labeling someone "crazy" and "fanatical" is not an argument against their position.

Selam

But when you're screaming and flailing your arms around, does it really matter how reasonable your arguments are?  And no, I'm not angered by abortion.  I'm grieved by it.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #245 on: May 13, 2012, 02:31:49 AM »

Selam

+1

Selam

In the words of Father Hopko, you can't expect people who don't believe in the Gospel to act as though they do.  Consequently, if you want to change people's actions - for instance, keep them from aborting their children - you have to start with the Gospel.  Is the good news that God is angry, or is the good news that God is love?

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #246 on: May 13, 2012, 02:40:12 AM »

Selam

Selam

But when you're screaming and flailing your arms around, does it really matter how reasonable your arguments are?  And no, I'm not angered by abortion.  I'm grieved by it.

I'm not screaming and flailing my arms around. I am grieved also. My grief is what causes my anger.

Selam

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #247 on: May 13, 2012, 02:41:13 AM »

Selam

Maybe the reason people "keep their heads buried" and "refuse to educate themselves" is because people like you always sound extremely angry - and indeed often are - when you discuss abortion.  Extreme amounts of anger tend to turn people off and consider the angry person to be crazy.

+1

Selam

In the words of Father Hopko, you can't expect people who don't believe in the Gospel to act as though they do.  Consequently, if you want to change people's actions - for instance, keep them from aborting their children - you have to start with the Gospel.  Is the good news that God is angry, or is the good news that God is love?
You don't need the Gospel to prove abortion is wrong.

Do you guys know what rage is?

An intense anger is what I was going for.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 02:42:05 AM by Achronos » Logged

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #248 on: May 13, 2012, 02:45:03 AM »

Selam

+1

Selam

In the words of Father Hopko, you can't expect people who don't believe in the Gospel to act as though they do.  Consequently, if you want to change people's actions - for instance, keep them from aborting their children - you have to start with the Gospel.  Is the good news that God is angry, or is the good news that God is love?

Even most pagans are grieved, angered, and upset when they see their fellow man suffering from grave injustices. It's not either/or- i.e the Gospel or the facts of reality. It's both. We need to preach the Gospel and educate people about the reality of abortion. There are many women who have not been persuaded from aborting their babies by the gospel message, but who were persuaded by seeing the reality of what abortion does to unborn babies.

Selam

Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #249 on: May 13, 2012, 06:19:46 PM »

I apologize for not having read this thread until today. I did add the warning the subject per the wishes of some. Second Chance

Like most folks, I was deeply touched by the OP and I am sorry that I have not done more to help the pro-life cause. Nonetheless, I have observed that sorrow rather than anger works better with the uncommitted. I must admit that I struggle with toning down my anger; however, I am a better anti-abortion advocate when I succeed.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #250 on: May 13, 2012, 07:07:36 PM »

I apologize for not having read this thread until today. I did add the warning the subject per the wishes of some. Second Chance

Like most folks, I was deeply touched by the OP and I am sorry that I have not done more to help the pro-life cause. Nonetheless, I have observed that sorrow rather than anger works better with the uncommitted. I must admit that I struggle with toning down my anger; however, I am a better anti-abortion advocate when I succeed.

The prophets were sorrowful, grieved, and angry. Some issues are so urgent and dire that a vehement outcry is warranted.  St. Paul says, "Be angry, but sin not." [Ephesians 4:26] There is no dichotomy between love and anger. St. Paul also urges us to speak the truth in love. (Eph. 4:15) If my child is about to pick up a poisonous snake, the most loving thing to do is to cry out with all my strength, "Don't do that!"

In our anti-abortion efforts, many different approaches are necessary. I am not a sign waver or a yeller, but I can't condemn or criticize those who are. I have seen their approach work and save lives. We all have to use our individual gifts and personalities and address the issue in whatever way we personally feel will be most successful. And we have to be very careful about condemning and judging the efforts of others who may be doing things a different way from our own.

Selam

Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #251 on: May 14, 2012, 01:31:04 AM »

Discuss:

The Mother    
by Gwendolyn Brooks

Abortions will not let you forget.
You remember the children you got that you did not get,
The damp small pulps with a little or with no hair,
The singers and workers that never handled the air.
You will never neglect or beat
Them, or silence or buy with a sweet.
You will never wind up the sucking-thumb
Or scuttle off ghosts that come.
You will never leave them, controlling your luscious sigh,
Return for a snack of them, with gobbling mother-eye.

I have heard in the voices of the wind the voices of my dim killed
   children.
I have contracted. I have eased
My dim dears at the breasts they could never suck.
I have said, Sweets, if I sinned, if I seized
Your luck
And your lives from your unfinished reach,
If I stole your births and your names,
Your straight baby tears and your games,
Your stilted or lovely loves, your tumults, your marriages, aches,
   and your deaths,
If I poisoned the beginnings of your breaths,
Believe that even in my deliberateness I was not deliberate.
Though why should I whine,
Whine that the crime was other than mine?--
Since anyhow you are dead.
Or rather, or instead,
You were never made.
But that too, I am afraid,
Is faulty: oh, what shall I say, how is the truth to be said?
You were born, you had body, you died.
It is just that you never giggled or planned or cried.

Believe me, I loved you all.
Believe me, I knew you, though faintly, and I loved, I loved you
All.

Does this poem seem more pro life, or more pro choice to you?

My position is that it is neither.
JR
Elder

« Reply #252 on: May 14, 2012, 04:39:14 AM »

Selam

Maybe the reason people "keep their heads buried" and "refuse to educate themselves" is because people like you always sound extremely angry - and indeed often are - when you discuss abortion.  Extreme amounts of anger tend to turn people off and consider the angry person to be crazy.

+1

Selam

In the words of Father Hopko, you can't expect people who don't believe in the Gospel to act as though they do.  Consequently, if you want to change people's actions - for instance, keep them from aborting their children - you have to start with the Gospel.  Is the good news that God is angry, or is the good news that God is love?

Even most pagans are grieved, angered, and upset when they see their fellow man suffering from grave injustices. It's not either/or- i.e the Gospel or the facts of reality. It's both. We need to preach the Gospel and educate people about the reality of abortion. There are many women who have not been persuaded from aborting their babies by the gospel message, but who were persuaded by seeing the reality of what abortion does to unborn babies.

Selam

This is very true, unfortunately there are many that know the Gospel message and still gone ahead with the abortion, Protestants and Catholics alike. though I do wonder about there faith or lack of it when they commit murder like this.  

The only way in this case is to educate them on what abortion really is and the affects it can have on them psychologically, how it will effect them maybe for the rest of there lives and the guilt that they will have to live with when it all sinks in.

Abortion is upsetting, it makes you angry, it makes you feel awkward, but we need to stay calm and talk rationally about it.

May God have mercy on us all.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 06:28:31 PM by Second Chance » Logged

Mother Teresa
JR
Elder

« Reply #253 on: May 14, 2012, 04:56:54 AM »

What an amazing testimony, I hope people watch it and learn from it!

Thanks for sharing.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 06:28:10 PM by Second Chance » Logged

Mother Teresa
William
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Time-wasting self-embarrassing anti-Christian hater

« Reply #254 on: May 15, 2012, 05:48:02 PM »

What are good ways to help the pro-life cause?

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #255 on: May 15, 2012, 06:01:09 PM »

Minus Orthonorm's demand for profundity and disappointment that he finds none to his satisfaction, and others' distaste for exact images, is there anyone were who disagrees with the point of the op?    
What exactly would that be? If we're taking the point broadly to be that abortion is bad, then I don't disagree, but not for any of the support suggested in the OP.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 06:27:56 PM by Second Chance » Logged

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #256 on: May 15, 2012, 08:36:41 PM »

What are good ways to help the pro-life cause?

Great question! Here are a few:

1. Pray

2. Support your local Pro-Life Crisis Pregancy Centers. (These Crisis Pregnancy Centers offer free Life-affirming help and assistance to pregnant women. These Centers need financial help so that they can purchase ultrasound machines which are instrumental in helping pregnant women choose life. Most of the women working at these Crisis Pregnancy Centers are volunteers.)

3. Support your local Right To Life organiztion.

4. Support Catholic Charities, Bethany Christian Services, and other Pro-Life adoption agencies.

5. Go out to your local abortion clinic and pray, offer Pro-Life literature to women considering abortion, and lovingly try to deter them from the irrevocable and destructive decision of abortion. (I highly recommend that every Christian go at least once and stand outside an abortion clinic during hours of operation. Even if you don't wish to speak or "protest," please go and pray quietly and observe the situation. It will change how you view abortion, even if you are already Pro-Life.)

6. Educate yourself and others about the realities of abortion.

7. Cultivate a comprehensive Life ethic by personally committing to preserve and promote both the sanctity and quality of human life at all stages from conception to natural death.

Selam

Mariya Magdalina

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Bulgarian Orthodox Church

« Reply #257 on: April 12, 2013, 06:13:22 AM »

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

Does anyone know what happens to unborn children who were not killed by an abortion but died on their own? I have a friend who lost her baby, she suffered a lot, she wanted the kid, took care of her pregnancy.

Thanks a lot!
Masha
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 06:13:41 AM by Mariya Magdalina » Logged
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #258 on: April 12, 2013, 07:09:32 AM »

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

Does anyone know what happens to unborn children who were not killed by an abortion but died on their own? I have a friend who lost her baby, she suffered a lot, she wanted the kid, took care of her pregnancy.

Thanks a lot!
Masha

The teaching of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church is that these innocent babes that suffer have the nature of angels and go straight to heaven where they intercede for the rest of us. Comfort your friend with this truth.

Selam

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #259 on: April 12, 2013, 08:50:04 AM »

Nature of angels? What?

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #260 on: April 12, 2013, 08:55:00 AM »

Nature of angels? What?

In other words, they are pure and without sin. They have not fallen.

Selam

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #261 on: April 12, 2013, 03:04:29 PM »

Nature of angels? What?

In other words, they are pure and without sin. They have not fallen.

We use the word "nature" in kinda different way.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #262 on: April 12, 2013, 03:37:38 PM »

Selam

+1

Selam

You don't need the Gospel to know abortion is wrong anymore than you do for murder.

The whole "peaceful/let-it-happen" pacifist position is kind of a cop-out for people who are too chicken to make a stand. Civil Rights activists didn't just sit around trying to convince people not to discriminate against minorities, but they went out and resisted the discrimination and told the nation that they wouldn't take it anymore. Why should abortion be any different?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:39:42 PM by JamesR » Logged

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #263 on: April 12, 2013, 03:48:54 PM »

Selam

+1

Selam

You don't need the Gospel to know abortion is wrong anymore than you do for murder.

The whole "peaceful/let-it-happen" pacifist position is kind of a cop-out for people who are too chicken to make a stand. Civil Rights activists didn't just sit around trying to convince people not to discriminate against minorities, but they went out and resisted the discrimination and told the nation that they wouldn't take it anymore. Why should abortion be any different?

While I agree with you, in theory, something tells me you've never been punched in the face for taking an unpopular stand. 

Get out from behind the keyboard and live the life you're fronting on the internet.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #264 on: April 12, 2013, 03:49:39 PM »

Selam

+1

Selam

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Tags: abortion 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: