OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 21, 2014, 03:45:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to have what you need starting with 20 $  (Read 2921 times) Average Rating: 0
pasadi97
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2011, 08:30:15 AM »

I 10 families will give 4000$ each and will buy an apartment and give it to a poor person, they will get 100+ apartments in Heaven that is 10 + per family that is for family + children....

If you do that, then the apartment you have given belongs to God and God will take care to it so don't grieve if that persons sells it or does whatever God makes him do.

There is a story with an old monk that gave his best cloth to a beggar and the beggar sold it and the monk grieved until Jesus appeared to himn in a dream with that cloth on him. He ask monk not to grieve since Jesus has received his cloth and the gift will wait for him in heaven.

If you have what you need in heaven then ask God to force you go to heaven for all eternities so you don't get into trouble here.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 08:53:10 AM by pasadi97 » Logged
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2011, 11:01:17 AM »

Why would someone *need* 10 apartments "in Heaven"?   Huh

I do not understand an appeal to some kind of after-life greed as a reason to do good to others in need here on Earth..

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Father Peter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2011, 12:28:14 PM »

I think that any preoccupation with a material reward is damaging to the spiritual life. We should serve and be self-sacrificing because we want to know and be known by God, and because we wish to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Anything else is mercenary and unworthy of the children of God.

There is no one of us who can stand before God and demand anything, or expect anything except severe judgement, save for our union with Christ which is entirely unmerited on our part.

If we are thinking about houses and clothing in heaven then we have not understood what true life in Christ is about. The child of God is one who wishes to give up all for his Heavenly Father without any thought at all of reward.

Lord have mercy upon me a sinner
http://www.orthodoxmedway.org
Study the Orthodox Faith online with the London School of Orthodox Christian Studies
http://www.lsocs.co.uk

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2011, 05:21:24 PM »

Why would someone *need* 10 apartments "in Heaven"?   Huh

I do not understand an appeal to some kind of after-life greed as a reason to do good to others in need here on Earth..

Once the ἀποκατάστασις hits, it will be a seller's market my friend . . .

Gradually fading away on a strict punishment schedule.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: