OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 06:24:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to have what you need starting with 20 $  (Read 3211 times) Average Rating: 0
pasadi97
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: September 30, 2011, 07:30:04 AM »

If you give to your neighbour, God will give you 100 times more. This is greater than gold, banks,401K and such. With a return of 10 000% you can have everything you need.

Start with 20 $. Give them to God's bank , giving to the poor. God will receive instantly your money and will give you 100 times more, that is 2 000$. Then with 10% or 200$4 invest them again by giving to the poor and God will give you 20 000. Then for every 10$ give one to the poor making a new deposit of 2 000$. Then you get back 200 000.

The problem is this. The money that come back do not have the inscription back from God for 20$ yopu gave to the poor. No. So write down what you did make this month. Every month check your income and whatever is above this month have a good chance to be the return for the deposit yopu made so return 1$ for every 10$ back. Thsi si the way to grow.

If you are not eastern orthodox Christian then you must know that many religions will make you very poor in after life so pray to God to be saved and to move yourself to a religion that will give you a confortable living even after death Amen.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 07:39:15 AM by pasadi97 » Logged
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 10:43:56 AM »

Sometimes you give a bum $5 and your grandma sends you a check for $500 out of the blue, because she knows you are low on cash. 
bogdan
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 11:20:45 AM »

Joel, is that you?

FountainPen
Is not wasting any more of her ink
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 11:32:48 AM »

If you give to your neighbour, God will give you 100 times more. This is greater than gold, banks,401K and such. With a return of 10 000% you can have everything you need.

Start with 20 $. Give them to God's bank , giving to the poor. God will receive instantly your money and will give you 100 times more, that is 2 000$. Then with 10% or 200$4 invest them again by giving to the poor and God will give you 20 000. Then for every 10$ give one to the poor making a new deposit of 2 000$. Then you get back 200 000.

The problem is this. The money that come back do not have the inscription back from God for 20$ yopu gave to the poor. No. So write down what you did make this month. Every month check your income and whatever is above this month have a good chance to be the return for the deposit yopu made so return 1$ for every 10$ back. Thsi si the way to grow.

If you are not eastern orthodox Christian then you must know that many religions will make you very poor in after life so pray to God to be saved and to move yourself to a religion that will give you a confortable living even after death Amen.

Give and expect to receive nothing back, that's kingdom giving. Otherwise if you're giving to get an increase, you're not really giving at all.

None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try. Mark Twain
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 12:00:06 PM »

Pasadi, I am surprised by your very evangelical health and wealth post!

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 12:04:32 PM »

You all don't speak Pasadi.

20 $ comes close to the English for love.

ALL TOGETHER!!!

Love is something if you give it away,
Give it away, give it away.
You end up having more.

It's just like a magic penny,
Hold it tight and you won't have any.
Lend it, spend it, and you'll have so many
They'll roll all over the floor.

For love is something if you give it away,
You end up having more.

Money's dandy and we like to use it,
But love is better if you don't refuse it.
It's a treasure and you'll never lose it
Unless you lock up your door.

You end up having more.

So let's go dancing till the break of day,
And if there's a piper, we can pay.
You end up having more.

You end up having more.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 01:52:35 PM »

I actually thought it was the cash-hag of the mid-west. Joyce Money-Bags Meyer.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 02:00:48 PM »

move yourself to a religion that will give you a confortable living even after death Amen.
What comforts will I receive in this life?

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 11:06:27 PM »

Pasadi, I have no income.  I recently gave money to a homeless man on campus.  Does this mean that, sometime soon, I will discover a hundred dollar bill on the sidewalk?

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 11:40:40 AM »

When I first read the thread title, I thought it would be about travel, like those books, "How to See Europe on $10 a Day."  Smiley

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 02:34:40 PM »

Pasadi, I have no income.  I recently gave money to a homeless man on campus.  Does this mean that, sometime soon, I will discover a hundred dollar bill on the sidewalk?

I have often noted that when I have pinched pennies to conserve what little I did have at the expense of some one or some cause that I knew was also suffering, I often came up short in a time of need.

However since I have started sharing what I do have in small ways when I am able and mentally cut something from my own personal consumption that I do not really need, to actually cover the expenditure, I have been blessed with sufficient even when the balance columns should NOT coincide by any stretch. 

I don't run the numbers, I thank God, and move on.

M.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 02:35:49 PM by elijahmaria » Logged

Melodist
Archon

Faith: The Faith That Established The Universe
Jurisdiction: AOANA

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2011, 02:42:46 PM »

I'm not a very good Christian.

I see vulnerabilities and weaknesses in myself and try to recognize my capabilities and limitations.

Every time I try to carry a cross, I have this tendency to drop it as soon as it even starts to get heavy or I finally realize it's for the purpose of crucifying me. Then I want nothing to do with it, until I forget the reality of what it is and make another attempt to carry it, and the cycle starts over.

And FWIW, these are our Fathers too, you know.

Made Perfect in Weakness - Latest Post: The Son of God
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 03:01:01 PM »

I'm not a very good Christian.

I see vulnerabilities and weaknesses in myself and try to recognize my capabilities and limitations.

Every time I try to carry a cross, I have this tendency to drop it as soon as it even starts to get heavy or I finally realize it's for the purpose of crucifying me. Then I want nothing to do with it, until I forget the reality of what it is and make another attempt to carry it, and the cycle starts over.

OK, does this mean you are giving me $20 tomorrow or what? //:=)

samkim
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 05:29:05 PM »

We do not give because we expect God to give us more stuff.

주 예수 그리스도 하느님의 아들이시여 저 이 죄인을 불쌍히 여기소서.
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2011, 05:33:52 PM »

We do not give because we expect God to give us more stuff.

I think that more of us withhold for fear that God will not give us enough stuff.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: Agnostic

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 06:51:39 PM »

Ok, I'm going to sow a seed in the ministry of Pasadi, but if I don't see at least a 30-fold return, there will be skulls thumped...
Melodist
Archon

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 09:22:37 PM »

I think that more of us withhold for fear that God will not give us enough stuff.

The problem is that our definition of "enough" doesn't always match God's.

Melodist
Archon

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 09:24:28 PM »

Ok, I'm going to sow a seed in the ministry of Pasadi, but if I don't see at least a 30-fold return, there will be skulls thumped...

I think Orthonorm said he's taking collections for that.  laugh

pasadi97
High Elder

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 08:23:21 AM »

The difference is that, I am not saying this on Sunday INSTEAD OF HOLY LITURGY. Does anybody knows the verse in which God says that he gives back hundreds times more. I can not find it.
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2011, 08:30:30 AM »

Should I really be just giving a way a lot of what I make when I have to rely on my parents for so much of what I have and have thousands of dollars of school debt to pay off?

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
pasadi97
High Elder

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2011, 08:40:26 AM »

I said start with 20$. This possibly is not a lot.
Then every month, what you make more than this month, one out of every 10 dollars give it to God.
Anastasia1
OC.net guru

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2011, 08:47:57 AM »

I said start with 20$. This possibly is not a lot.
Then every month, what you make more than this month, one out of every 10 dollars give it to God.
Until a three weeks ago, that was 6 meals out unless it was a special occasion. It is almost half of an oil change. It is at least three days supply of gas.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 08:48:10 AM by Anastasia1 » Logged

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
pasadi97
High Elder

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2011, 08:59:45 AM »

Exactly. Then can you renounce 2000+ return? 600 meals unless special ocasion, 50 oil changes and such.
One solution would be to delay oil change if you can take the risk that I don't believe is great. Or pray to god so you can take away 20+ dollars for charity. See, sometime you may think of an item expense of 30$ and you can find same item with 5$ with a coupon or such. That would be an opportunity.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 09:02:21 AM by pasadi97 » Logged
Anastasia1
OC.net guru

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2011, 09:07:08 AM »

Exactly. Then can you renounce 2000+ return? 600 meals unless special ocasion, 50 oil changes and such.
One solution would be to delay oil change if you can take the risk that I don't believe is great.
If I give more to strangers, they receive. If I pay for my own gas, my parents in a way receive for their own needs. If pay for my gas for my parents and give more than a few dollars here and there, I don't get medical insurance. Which is more right to provide for?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 09:08:45 AM by Anastasia1 » Logged

elijahmaria
Taxiarches

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2011, 10:05:05 AM »

One solution would be to delay oil change if you can take the risk that I don't believe is great.
If I give more to strangers, they receive. If I pay for my own gas, my parents in a way receive for their own needs. If pay for my gas for my parents and give more than a few dollars here and there, I don't get medical insurance. Which is more right to provide for?

You know what you do with your cash.  But you have other talents.  Seek ways to use them in the service of God's little ones.  And if some day you have an opportunity to share your wealth in some small way then do so.   God is not a ponzi scheme...and to borrow a title: Your arms are REALLY too short to box with God. 

Open up your inner fear and lay it at his feet.  Accept gratefully the status of lily of the field: internally: and I do mean actively gratefully:  Say so daily.

That is the spirit of things earthly that will reap you greater reward than taking from your parents to give to the poor.

M.

Melodist
Archon

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2011, 02:27:57 PM »

The difference is that, I am not saying this on Sunday INSTEAD OF HOLY LITURGY. Does anybody knows the verse in which God says that he gives back hundreds times more. I can not find it.

It's the sower and the seed -  has nothing to do with money, not in the parable (talks about fruit) and not in reality (talks about faith).

Melodist
Archon

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2011, 02:33:57 PM »

Our reward is not of this world. Period. Christ said that He had no place to lay His own head and used the animals as an example of God's provision.

That means being homeless and scavenging for food.

We give to God and neighbor out of thanks for what God has given us, not as investment that God owes us any kind of return on.

Melodist
Archon

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2011, 02:38:00 PM »

Should I really be just giving a way a lot of what I make when I have to rely on my parents for so much of what I have and have thousands of dollars of school debt to pay off?

You know the answer to that question. Creating extra burden on your parents basically means you're giving their money away and not yours. It's one thing to give of yourself, it's an entirely different thing to give other people's money away.

Anastasia1
OC.net guru

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2011, 02:56:09 PM »

You know the answer to that question. Creating extra burden on your parents basically means you're giving their money away and not yours. It's one thing to give of yourself, it's an entirely different thing to give other people's money away.
I tend to put a lot of extra burdens on myself on how I need to do this or that better than I do (for whatever reason). That is why I like Orthodoxy. It simplifies life. I have heard certain things too much from certain kinds of Protestants that didn't listen and I used to listen too much to that sort because I wanted to please God better than I did, plus I have too much experience as a yes person and not enough in life as a no person. Asking that sort of question has become a protective technique.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 02:57:15 PM by Anastasia1 » Logged

FountainPen
OC.net guru

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2011, 08:16:27 PM »

Matthew 13:2-8 i believe

None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try. Mark Twain
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Christians

Partisangirl
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2011, 08:20:21 PM »

--Subscribed--

This thread should be interesting...

On hiatus from posting. Forgive me if my posts have lacked humility or tact. Note that some of my older posts -especially those prior to late 2012- may not reflect my current views. In the meantime, please pray for my sinful self as I am in a critical and unsure juncture in my life. Thank you.
pasadi97
High Elder

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2011, 06:50:39 AM »

The so called bum may be a prince in after life and God sends through grandma the interest you accrued by depositing in his bank. And the prince may be a beggar in after life.

When you go in a trip you make sure you have enough money depositeed in bank where you can make withdrawals as needed.

All of us will go in a trip in afterlife. The only Bank authorized to do money operations in afterlife is the Bank of God that takes automatically what you give to your neighbour . So if the prince does not make deposits in this bank he may become a beggar. And the beggar may become a prince if he makes deposits in this bank.

Behold, this is the future billionaire+:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7dE3xozfRc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKe9CPjNf9c&feature=related

Right now there are in hell people not able to drink even a glass of water. A glass of water there is like gold here. Give some from your bellong to all people in after life , in their name, and ask God to multiply them so that everybody in after life receives what you sent.

Did the closest of yourself in this trip have everything they need?

Respond to this question, not for me however for yourself. Do you have what you need in the bank of God so that in the afterlife trip to have everythiong you need? food? If no, give food to your neighbour so they are deposited automatically to the bank of God. Clothes? If no give clothes to the neighbour so that they are deposited automatically in the bank of God? Money? if not give money to your neighbour so that they are deposited in the bank of God. Housing? If no give housing or house to your neighbour so that you have housing in adfter life.

In Orthodoxy we have from ancient times parastas that is in English ..... I don't remember the term anyhow all the food that is sent to neighbour there goes automatically to deceased people for which panakia is done.

Sometimes you give a bum $5 and your grandma sends you a check for $500 out of the blue, because she knows you are low on cash. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 07:10:30 AM by pasadi97 » Logged
pasadi97
High Elder

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2011, 07:45:13 AM »

We all rememeber the rich become beggar men from the story of Lazarus. If a kind soul will give a glass of water or a piece of bread, a prayer for soul salvation or even some money to his neighbour in the name of former rich now beggar man and of his brothers, the man will recive it and he will thirst no more and hunger no more. Hi prayer was listed to because he prayed for his brothers too.

The so called bum may be a prince in after life and God sends through grandma the interest you accrued by depositing in his bank. And the prince may be a beggar in after life.

When you go in a trip you make sure you have enough money depositeed in bank where you can make withdrawals as needed.

All of us will go in a trip in afterlife. The only Bank authorized to do money operations in afterlife is the Bank of God that takes automatically what you give to your neighbour . So if the prince does not make deposits in this bank he may become a beggar. And the beggar may become a prince if he makes deposits in this bank.

Behold, this is the future billionaire+:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7dE3xozfRc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKe9CPjNf9c&feature=related

Right now there are in hell people not able to drink even a glass of water. A glass of water there is like gold here. Give some from your bellong to all people in after life , in their name, and ask God to multiply them so that everybody in after life receives what you sent.

Did the closest of yourself in this trip have everything they need?

Respond to this question, not for me however for yourself. Do you have what you need in the bank of God so that in the afterlife trip to have everythiong you need? food? If no, give food to your neighbour so they are deposited automatically to the bank of God. Clothes? If no give clothes to the neighbour so that they are deposited automatically in the bank of God? Money? if not give money to your neighbour so that they are deposited in the bank of God. Housing? If no give housing or house to your neighbour so that you have housing in adfter life.

In Orthodoxy we have from ancient times parastas that is in English ..... I don't remember the term anyhow all the food that is sent to neighbour there goes automatically to deceased people for which panakia is done.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 07:50:04 AM by pasadi97 » Logged
pasadi97
High Elder

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2011, 08:39:52 AM »

Pray for all the neighbours that departed in after life and are in bad shape so they all will be saved. Pray for Creation to be restored unharmed at the state without sin.
FountainPen
OC.net guru

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2011, 05:21:12 AM »

Respond to this question, not for me however for yourself. Do you have what you need in the bank of God so that in the afterlife trip to have everythiong you need? food? If no, give food to your neighbour so they are deposited automatically to the bank of God. Clothes? If no give clothes to the neighbour so that they are deposited automatically in the bank of God? Money? if not give money to your neighbour so that they are deposited in the bank of God. Housing? If no give housing or house to your neighbour so that you have housing in after life.

pasadi is this what it all comes down to, an insurance policy?! Are you saying that is we give materially now, in this life, then we shall receive spiritually in the afterlife?

pasadi97
High Elder

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2011, 06:37:57 AM »

If you give now you receive materially in after life.  You can go naked in Heaven if you want. A woman went to Heaven and because she did not transfer clothes there she was naked until the angel gave her a very bad shirt she gave to a poor woman. When you go to Heaven you will receieve many things by default. Anyhow if you want more, do more for your neighbour. Also you can pay for sins in after life at judgement.
any how this is just a part of it.

Regarding clothing, when you are good with money buy a set of clothes that you would want to go to for many years and gave it to a needy person. You'll find it waiting for you in afterlife to enjoy it for a long long long time. Anything else probably does not go and will not make it in after life. Same with food.

In Romania is a custom when a person dies all his clothing, shoes, some furniture, some money, personal things go automatically to poor, that is are transfered in after life  you are mentioned to Holy liturgies, panakias where food is automatically transferred to you in after life.  They give automatically to poor many things, a woman should be able to tell you more anyhow is a whole set of things for after life. Orthodoxy takes care of his people best for after life.

There was a joke that romanian (orthodox) women are the best because when you go to after life you are prepared best. For some other cultures this may not happen and in these cultures everybody fends for himself in this life.

Baptism->entrance to heaven
Holy Communion->Eternal life basically immortality
Confession->erasing sins
Prayer->discussion wwith God
Fasting->health and important at judgement
Commandments-> Love God with all your hearth, love your neighbour like yourself
Orthodoxy or right belief, important at judgement.

There are many byzantine, early christian, romanian stories that tell the same thing. What you give to the poor in this life, you'll find it waiting for you in after life and also you get it here back many times over. For money 100+ times. This is my understanding.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 07:00:40 AM by pasadi97 » Logged
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2011, 06:47:30 AM »

Respond to this question, not for me however for yourself. Do you have what you need in the bank of God so that in the afterlife trip to have everythiong you need? food? If no, give food to your neighbour so they are deposited automatically to the bank of God. Clothes? If no give clothes to the neighbour so that they are deposited automatically in the bank of God? Money? if not give money to your neighbour so that they are deposited in the bank of God. Housing? If no give housing or house to your neighbour so that you have housing in after life.

pasadi is this what it all comes down to, an insurance policy?! Are you saying that is we give materially now, in this life, then we shall receive spiritually in the afterlife?

Have you seen the NT?

You need to read pasadi's posts in the same way you try to read Christ's parables.

You need to ears to hear and eyes to see.

pasadi97
High Elder

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2011, 07:14:26 AM »

The fact that I have access to many byzantine, romanian, old christian stories and I am translating them in modern english does not make me special. God is active even more actiove today than in time of abraham and anything we ask from hiom like wisdom, to work through us, to speak through us, any list of things we wish for this life and after life including for our prayer to belistened to even in after life, God will give it to us. I hope that in the end it will be usefull for everyone and that we will meet all in heaven close to God and having everything we need. In many cultures people try to do things right , anyhow the problem is that much information was lost in these cultures in the 2000 years of christianity.

In america when you see things you need and buy 2 for price of one, you can ship one thing in after life.

Actually if you have departed relatives, you cana sk God to let you see them and speak with them and ask them what they need and transfer the things to them by giving them to the pooor in THEIR NAME.

You can even ask God what is the true denomination in his eyes and to move you there without pain and with happines and God will let you know and will move you there without pain and with happiness.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 07:36:00 AM by pasadi97 » Logged
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2011, 09:28:33 AM »

Ummm.  Meaning no disrespect but the idea that a person who has died needs clothing and other supplies in the after life sounds like a custom from Chinese culture.  Some people burn paper clothing and money and other goods so that their ancestors will be provided for.
http://www.chinavoc.com/festivals/Sacrifice.htm
http://factsanddetails.com/china.php?itemid=101&catid=3

Why should not a person give things to people who need them without expecting some kind of "return" of a  material (heavenly material?) nature?  Huh

Where are these "stories" coming from and why should they be considered as true?

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2011, 10:35:55 AM »

Im sorry, this whole thread sounds like:

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
FountainPen
OC.net guru

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2011, 12:36:52 PM »

Have you seen the NT?

You need to read pasadi's posts in the same way you try to read Christ's parables.

You need to ears to hear and eyes to see.

Are you using the word "to" as a verb? Of course i've seen the NT, it's under my bed somewhere - hold on a moment - yeah, still there.

IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2011, 12:39:44 PM »

Im sorry, this whole thread sounds like:

PP
LOL. Nice.

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
FountainPen
OC.net guru

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2011, 12:44:11 PM »

Actually if you have departed relatives, you can ask God to let you see them and speak with them and ask them what they need and transfer the things to them by giving them to the poor in THEIR NAME.

Where you are getting this from exactly, a citation or something, a book, a verse, a saint, anything?

pasadi97
High Elder

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2011, 06:38:44 AM »

The story of Apostle Thomas. I did choose this story since Apostles have been taught by Jesus:
"The Second Act: concerning his coming unto the king Gundaphorus.

17 Now when the apostle was come into the cities of India with Abbanes the merchant, Abbanes went to salute the king Gundaphorus, and reported to him of the carpenter whom he had brought with him. And the king was glad, and commanded him to come in to him. So when he was come in the king said unto him: What craft understandest thou? The apostle said unto him: The craft of carpentering and of building. The king saith unto him: What craftsmanship, then, knowest thou in wood, and what in stone? The apostle saith: In wood: ploughs, yokes, goads, pulleys, and boats and oars and masts; and in stone: plllars, temples, and court-houses for kings. And the king said: Canst thou build me a palace? And he answered: Yea, I can both build and furnish it; for to this end am I come, to build and to do the work of a carpenter.

18 And the king took him and went out of the city gates and began to speak with him on the way concerning the building of the court-house, and of the foundations, how they should be laid, until they came to the place wherein he desired that the building should be; and he said: Here will I that the building should be. And the apostle said: Yea, for this place is suitable for the building. But the place was woody and there was much water there. So the king said: Begin to build. But he said: I cannot begin to build now at this season. And the king said: When canst thou begin? And he said: I will begin in the month Dius and finish in Xanthicus. But the king marvelled and said: Every building is builded in summer, and canst thou in this very winter build and make ready a palace? And the apostle said: Thus it must be, and no otherwise is it possible. And the king said: If, then, this seem good to thee, draw me a plan, how the work shall be, because I shall return hither after some long time. And the apostle took a reed and drew, measuring the place; and the doors he set toward the sunrising to look toward the light, and the windows toward the west to the breezes, and the bakehouse he appointed to be toward the south and the aqueduct for the service toward the north. And the king saw it and said to the apostle: Verily thou art a craftsman and it belitteth thee to be a servant of kings. And he left much money with him and departed from him.

19 And from time to time he sent money and provision, and victual for him and the rest of the workmen. But Thomas receiving it all dispensed it, going about the cities and the villages round about, distributing and giving alms to the poor and afflicted, and relieving them, saying: The king knoweth how to obtain recompense fit for kings, but at this time it is needful that the poor should have refreshment.

After these things the king sent an ambassador unto the apostle, and wrote thus: Signify unto me what thou hast done or what I shall send thee, or of what thou hast need. And the apostle sent unto him, saying: The palace (praetorium) is builded and only the roof remaineth. And the king hearing it sent him again gold and silver (lit. unstamped), and wrote unto him: Let the palace be roofed, if it is done. And the apostle said unto the Lord: I thank thee O Lord in all things, that thou didst die for a little space that I might live for ever in thee, and that thou hast sold me that by me thou mightest set free many. And he ceased not to teach and to refresh the afflicted, saying: This hath the Lord dispensed unto you, and he giveth unto every man his food: for he is the nourisher of orphans and steward of the widows, and unto all that are afflicted he is relief and rest.

20 Now when the king came to the city he inquired of his friends concerning the palace which Judas that is called Thomas was building for him. And they told him: Neither hath he built a palace nor done aught else of that he promised to perform, but he goeth about the cities and countries, and whatsoever he hath he giveth unto the poor, and teacheth of a new God, and healeth the sick, and driveth out devils, and doeth many other wonderful things; and we think him to be a sorcerer. Yet his compassions and his cures which are done of him freely, and moreover the simplicity and kindness of him and his faith, do declare that he is a righteous man or an apostle of the new God whom he preacheth; for he fasteth continually and prayeth, and eateth bread only, with salt, and his drink is water, and he weareth but one garment alike in fair weather and in winter, and receiveth nought of any man, and that he hath he giveth unto others. And when the king heard that, he rubbed his face with his hands, and shook his head for a long space.

21 And he sent for the merchant which had brought him, and for the apostle, and said unto him: Hast thou built me the palace? And he said: Yea. And the king said: When, then, shall we go and see it? but he answered him and said: Thou canst not see it now, but when thou departest this life, then thou shalt see it. And the king was exceeding wroth, and commanded both the merchant and Judas which is called Thomas to be put in bonds and cast into prison until he should inquire and learn unto whom the king's money had been given, and so destroy both him and the merchant.

And the apostle went unto the prison rejoicing, and said to the merchant: Fear thou nothing, only believe in the God that is preached by me, and thou shalt indeed be set free from this world, but from the world to come thou shalt receive life. And the king took thought with what death he should destroy them. And when he had determined to flay them alive and burn them with fire, in the same night Gad the king's brother fell sick, and by reason of his vexation and the deceit which the king had suffered he was greatly oppressed; and sent for the king and said unto him: O king my brother, I commit unto thee mine house and my children; for I am vexed by reason of the provocation that hath befallen thee, and lo, I die; and if thou visit not with vengeance upon the head of that sorcerer, thou wilt give my soul no rest in hell. And the king said to his brother: All this night have I considered how I should put him to death and this hath seemed good to me, to flay him and burn him with fire, both him and the merchant which brought him (Syr. Then the brother of the king said to him: And if there be anything else that is worse than this, do it to him; and I give thee charge of my house and my children).

22 And as they talked together, the soul of his brother Gad departed. And the king mourned sore for Gad, for he loved him much, and commanded that he should be buried in royal and precious apparel (Syr. sepulchre). Now after this angels took the soul of Gad the king's brother and bore it up into heaven, showing unto him the places and dwellings that were there, and inquired of him: In which place wouldest thou dwell? And when they drew near unto the building of Thomas the apostle which he had built for the king, Gad saw it and said unto the angels: I beseech you, my lords, suffer me to dwell in one of the lowest rooms of these. And they said to him: Thou canst not dwell in this building. And he said: Wherefore ? And they say unto him: This is that palace which that Christian builded for thy brother. And he said: I beseech you, my lords, suffer me to go to my brother, that I may buy this palace of him, for my brother knoweth not of what sort it is, and he will sell it unto me.

23 Then the angels let the soul of Gad go. And as they were putting his grave clothes upon him, his soul entered into him and he said to them that stood about him: Call my brother unto me, that I may ask one petition of him. Straightway therefore they told the king, saying: Thy brother is revived. And the king ran forth with a great company and came unto his brother and entered in and stood by his bed as one amazed, not being able to speak to him. And his brother said: I know and am persuaded, my brother, that if any man had asked of thee the half of thy kingdom, thou wouldest have given it him for my sake; therefore I beg of thee to grant me one favour which I ask of thee, that thou wouldest sell me that which I ask of thee. And the king answered and said: And what is it which thou askest me to sell thee? And he said: Convince me by an oath that thou wilt grant it me. And the king sware unto him: One of my possessions, whatsoever thou shalt ask, I will give thee. And he saith to him: Sell me that palace which thou hast in the heavens ? And the king said: Whence should I have a palace in the heavens? And he said: Even that which that Christian built for thee which is now in the prison, whom the merchant brought unto thee, having purchased him of one Jesus: I mean that Hebrew slave whom thou desiredst to punish as having suffered deceit at his hand: whereat I was grieved and died, and am now revived.

24 Then the king considering the matter, understood it of those eternal benefits which should come to him and which concerned him, and said: That palace I cannot sell thee, but I pray to enter into it and dwell therein and to be accounted worthy of the inhabiters of it, but if thou indeed desirest to buy such a palace, lo, the man liveth and shall build thee one better than it. And forthwith he sent and brought out of prison the apostle and the merchant that was shut up with him, saying: I entreat thee, as a man that entreateth the minister of God, that thou wouldest pray for me and beseech him whose minister thou art to forgive me and overlook that which I have done unto thee or thought to do, and that I may become a worthy inhabiter of that dwelling for the which I took no pains, but thou hast builded it for me, labouring alone, the grace of thy God working with thee, and that I also may become a servant and serve this God whom thou preachest. And his brother also fell down before the apostle and said: I entreat and supplicate thee before thy God that I may become worthy of his ministry and service, and that it may fall to me to be worthy of the things that were shown unto me by his angels.

25 And the apostle, filled with joy, said: I praise thee, O Lord Jesu, that thou hast revealed thy truth in these men; for thou only art the God of truth, and none other, and thou art he that knoweth all things that are unknown to the most; thou, Lord, art he that in all things showest compassion and sparest men. For men by reason of the error that is in them have overlooked thee but thou hast not overlooked them. And now at mv supplication and request do thou receive the king and his brother and join them unto thy fold, cleansing them with thy washing and anointing them with thine oil from the error that encompasseth them: and keep them also from the wolves, bearing them into thy meadows. And give them drink out of thine immortal fountain which is neither fouled nor drieth up; for they entreat and supplicate thee and desire to become thy servants and ministers, and for this they are content even to be persecuted of thine enemies, and for thy sake to be hated of them and to be mocked and to die, like as thou for our sake didst suffer all these things, that thou mightest preserve us, thou that art Lord and verily the good shepherd. And do thou grant them to have confidence in thee alone, and the succour that cometh of thee and the hope of their salvation which they look for from thee alone; and that they may be grounded in thy mysteries and receive the perfect good of thy graces and gifts, and flourish in thy ministry and come to perfection in thy Father.

26 Being therefore wholly set upon the apostle, both the king Gundaphorus and Gad his brother followed him and departed not from him at all, and they also relieved them that had need giving unto all and refreshing all. And they besought him that they also might henceforth receive the seal of the word, saying unto him: Seeing that our souls are at leisure and eager toward God, give thou us the seal; for we have heard thee say that the God whom thou preachest knoweth his own sheep by his seal. And the apostle said unto them: I also rejoice and entreat you to receive this seal, and to partake with me in this eucharist and blessing of the Lord, and to be made perfect therein. For this is the Lord and God of all, even Jesus Christ whom I preach, and he is the father of truth, in whom I have taught you to believe. And he commanded them to bring oil, that they might receive the seal by the oil. They brought the oil therefore, and lighted many lamps; for it was night (Syr. whom I preach: and the king gave orders that the bath should be closed for seven days, and that no man should bathe in it: and when the seven days were done, on the eighth day they three entered into the bath by night that Judas might baptize them. And many lamps were lighted in the bath).

27 And the apostle arose and sealed them. And the Lord was revealed unto them by a voice, saying: Peace be unto you brethren. And they heard his voice only, but his likeness they saw not, for they had not yet received the added sealing of the seal (Syr. had not been baptized). And the apostle took the oil and poured it upon their heads and anointed and chrismed them, and began to say (Syr. And Judas went up and stood upon the edge of the cistern and poured oil upon their heads and said):

Come, thou holy name of the Christ that is above every name.

Come, thou power of the Most High, and the compassion that is perfect.

Come, gift (charism) of the Most High.

Come, compassionate mother.

Come, communion of the male.

Come, she that revealeth the hidden mysteries.

Come, mother of the seven houses, that thy rest may be in the eighth house.

Come, elder of the five members, mind, thought, refiection, consideration, reason; communicate with these young men.

Come, holy spirit, and cleanse their reins and their heart, and give them the added seal, in the name of the Father and Son and Holy Ghost.

And when they were sealed, there appeared unto them a youth holding a lighted torch, so that their lamps became dim at the approach of the light thereof. And he went forth and was no more seen of them. And the apostle said unto the Lord: Thy light, O Lord, is not to be contained by us, and we are not able to bear it, for it is too great for our sight.

And when the dawn came and it was morning, he brake bread and made them partakers of the eucharist of the Christ. And they were glad and rejoiced.

And many others also, believing, were added to them, and came into the refuge of the Saviour.

28 And the apostle ceased not to preach and to say unto them: Ye men and women, boys and girls, young men and maidens, strong men and aged, whether bond or free, abstain from fornication and covetousness and the service of the belly: for under these three heads all iniquity cometh about.
"
pasadi97
High Elder

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2011, 07:39:53 AM »

Primuspilus, ask God through prayer to show you the village without limits from Heaven and ask God to tell whom it belongs to. I give you permision to visit it.

You can pray: dear God please save me and help me to have everything you know I need and a village without limits in heaven

If anyone has departed relatives, he can ask God to show their condition and wwhat they need. Even for yourself you can do that through prayer.

Greed is good for building to Heaven and is not good on building on Earth since it locks and exhaust your resources needed to do good in after life. Using the bank of God with multiplication factor of 100+ you can do good in both.

It is important to undersize on earth and oversize in heaven since most time will be in after life.
No water can destroy the belongins in Heaven. No fire. No nothing. It is forever and the important step is Orthodoxy that can give you eternal life through Holy Communion.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 08:14:42 AM by pasadi97 » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: