Author Topic: A good audio Bible?  (Read 459 times)

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
  • Leave me alone, I was only singing
    • Alaska Volcanoes
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
A good audio Bible?
« on: September 28, 2011, 10:30:01 PM »
I've been hoping to find a good audiobook edition of the Bible. The OSB isn't out on audio, as far as I know. Almost all the audio editions I've looked up are Protestant, but I would like to not use those if possible, because they don't have the Deuterocanonical books. Does anyone know of any audio Bibles which have the Deutero books plus the OT and NT? Either CD or download is fine. I would love to have something that's actually edifying to listen to at work.  :) Thank you.  :angel:
He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.

--

And if I seem a little strange, well, that's because I am

Offline genesisone

• Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
Re: A good audio Bible?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 08:01:04 AM »
I found this audio version of the Geneva Bible. The Geneva Bible should include all/most of the Deuterocanonicals, but the blurb for this recording doesn't say one way or the other.

There are two other versions here that specifically mention the Apocrypha (their word, not mine).

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
    • Alaska Volcanoes
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 11:10:51 AM »
Thanks very much.  :)
He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.

--

Offline sainthieu

• Abstractor of the Quintessence
  • High Elder
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 11:45:01 AM »

Offline jah777

• Archon
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 12:47:11 PM »
One thing you can do is record yourself reading the books of the Old Testament that the Protestants have removed, and then listen to this recording to supplement an existing audio recording that only includes the Protestant canon.  There are a lot of ways you can make your own audio file depending on the technology you have.  Many laptops have a built-in mic, or you can purchase a mic for the computer with a USB port that you can use to record an audio file onto your computer.  After making the audio file, you can burn a CD or put the file on an ipod, your phone, or some other mp3 player.  I have known others who have recorded themselves reading the entire Psalter, various canons and prayers from the prayer book, etc. to play through the headphones when commuting long distances, taking a long walk, doing the dishes, etc.  I think that's a wonderful use of modern technology. 

Growing up I listened to various audio versions of the Bible but I today find them all distasteful for one reason or another.  If I had to pick, I would probably not listen to a "dramatized" rendition with multiple voices playing different parts, sound effects, etc.

Offline PrincessMommy

• High Elder
  • OCA
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 12:56:29 PM »

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
    • Alaska Volcanoes
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 06:46:07 PM »
Awesome, I'll check it out. Thanks.  :)

--

Offline Ortho_cat

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 08:30:25 PM »
I like the NT "Word of Promise" NKJV. Very well done imo.