OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 29, 2014, 01:24:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An apology  (Read 652 times) Average Rating: 0
Mexican
Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria

« on: September 28, 2011, 04:03:08 PM »

Dear Friends and Brothers

I want to apologize for my conduct at the beggining of this year (or maybe the end of the previous year).

I never intended to attack Eastern Orthodoxy and I never did it (someone posted at a different messageboard that I was bashing my former spiritual home).

My purposed transfer to the Catholic Church did not work the way I wanted and I think some people got damaged because of my attitude.

This does not mean I'm enough ready to return to Eastern Orthodoxy.

I ask for your forgiveness.  Have a blessed day.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: Agnostic

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 04:09:53 PM »

Good afternoon Smiley Hope you stick 'round...
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 10:16:17 PM »

Selam Mexican Smiley

I am relatively new to this forum, but I am sure where you are right now is shared by others in here also , since we have here many good people of different confessions of faith, and level of belief and unbelief, etc. so welcomeback anyway  Grin I for one from the way you apologised for  your conduct and also for something you know you did not do, can say you are a good well meaning person so I hope to see you around in this forum. if this was an actual  coffee house I would have bought you a coffee or tea  Wink but since its not I will just raise my mug and say cheers! Grin
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 10:17:46 PM by Hiwot » Logged

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 10:41:01 PM »

Mexican, I have no recollection to what you are inferring, however, you know better what you have/have not done.

I forgive you, and may God forgive you!

I hope you resolve your issues and find your way back home to the True Church of Orthodoxy!

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 11:42:29 PM »

May God forgive us all.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 12:46:21 AM »

God blesses humility and rewards repentance. So, your words indicate that you must be close to Christ. May Our Lord bless and guide you in your continued search to find your true spiritual home.

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
Ionnis
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 12:52:38 AM »

Repentance is a wonderful thing.  Lord have mercy.

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
Tags: apology  conversion  spiritual home  attitude 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: