OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 22, 2014, 02:07:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dead Sea Scrolls placed online  (Read 390 times) Average Rating: 0
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« on: September 26, 2011, 10:25:19 PM »

If you want to read the Dead Sea Scrolls, you can now do so online. The Israel Museum of Jerusalem (IMJ) has put five scrolls on its site, with the help of a process designed by Google.

From the article:
Ardon Bar-Hama, a noted photographer of antiquities, used ultraviolet-protected flash tubes to light the scrolls for 1/4000th of a second. The exposure time - which is much shorter than a conventional camera flash - was designed to protect the scrolls from damage.

The IMJ here
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 10:36:53 PM »

Since its being publicized by a Jewish museum, I'm not surprised that they don't mention the LXX in their notes on the variant versions of Isaiah.  If one is aware of the bias present, the site is a great treasure.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 10:37:09 PM by Fr. George » Logged

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 03:26:21 PM »

Since its being publicized by a Jewish museum, I'm not surprised that they don't mention the LXX in their notes on the variant versions of Isaiah.  If one is aware of the bias present, the site is a great treasure.

if their academics are worth a lick they would have mentioned it ( i would think). 

Which variant versions of Isaiah exist in the LXX? 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Tags: Dead Sea Scrolls 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: