OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 11:21:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Photos on the Ambo  (Read 293 times) Average Rating: 0
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« on: September 23, 2011, 03:52:53 PM »

Here's another question.  Smiley

We have a church based school.  Tomorrow is picture day.

We usually take photos of all the students, each class, and then individual photos.

Usually the photos are taken after the Moleben up on the Ambo, before the closed Royal Gates.

Since I am the "photographer" I was planning on setting up a chair for the kids to sit in for their individual photos, that way they won't keep moving around forcing me to keep retaking the photos.

Is that "too" much, or it okay to set a chair up their so each child will quietly sit for their photo.

I've instructed them of the importance of the Solea/Ambvon and they are not permitted to wonder at will, or cross from one side the next, etc....and I try to keep their voiced down to a hush.

So, in short, is it okay to take photos in front of the Royal Gates?  I know people do it all the time, but, people do a lot of things.  Smiley

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 06:10:39 PM »

On special occasions, our priest lets people have their photos taken up at the front. This happens on days such as the annual recognition of graduates, when someone in the parish wins some kind of award, and things like that.  Smiley

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Tags: photo  ambo 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: