OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 03:56:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For my data communications professor  (Read 695 times) Average Rating: 0
GTAsoldier
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: God knows what lives in me in place of me....

GTAsoldier
« on: September 21, 2011, 07:13:54 PM »

As my classmates and I walked into the data communications classroom earlier today and waited, the head of the computer science department came in and informed us that our professor, Dr. Richard O'Lander passed away unexpectedly yesterday. We were all shocked because we only saw him last week and he looked pretty well. None of us saw this coming. Class was cancelled and we may get a replacement next week.

For me, not only he was my data comm professor, he was also my computer science mentor for the next 3 years. He was a good man, a nice role model, and a very constructive professor. All we can do is pray for his soul to find peace in the presence of God in eternity. My condolences go out to his family and all of those who knew him well.

May the memory of my awesome professor Dr. O'Lander be eternal. +

Kyrie Elieson,

GTA  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 07:15:41 PM by GTAsoldier » Logged

God be merciful to us sinners.

Quote from: IoanC
the best way of conveying God's love to people is through your own presence and deeds.
No longer posting on this forum. Thanks to all the helpful people who inspired me. God bless.
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Christians

Partisangirl
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 07:27:04 PM »

Ya rub irham!

Lord have mercy! Cry

On hiatus from posting. Forgive me if my posts have lacked humility or tact. Note that some of my older posts -especially those prior to late 2012- may not reflect my current views. In the meantime, please pray for my sinful self as I am in a critical and unsure juncture in my life. Thank you.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 07:58:59 PM »

Memory eternal.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Stephanos Nikolaos

Faith: Pre-Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Currently OCA

Hosanna in the highest!

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 08:16:45 PM »

Lord, have mercy.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:16:56 PM by Stephanos Nikolaos » Logged

“But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either.” +Luke 6:27-29
Tags: prayer  repose 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: