OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 01, 2014, 10:20:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Archbishop Fulton Sheen on the Devil - Orthodox perspective?  (Read 2730 times) Average Rating: 0
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« on: September 21, 2011, 04:41:58 PM »

I came across a video of Archbishop Fulton Sheen giving a sermon on the demonic. I'm wondering what the reaction is from the Orthodox on this board.

10 minutes each, four parts

The Devil (Part 1)
The Devil (Part 2)
The Devil (Part 3)
The Devil (Part 4)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 04:44:21 PM by Azurestone » Logged

I'm going to need this.
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 01:23:23 PM »

I came across a video of Archbishop Fulton Sheen giving a sermon on the demonic. I'm wondering what the reaction is from the Orthodox on this board.

The Devil (Part 1)
The Devil (Part 2)
The Devil (Part 3)
The Devil (Part 4)

For those of us who either don't have the time to listen to it all and/or are unable to access youtube, are you able to provide some kind of non-interpretive summary?

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 06:15:58 PM »

The Devil (Part 1)
The Devil (Part 2)
The Devil (Part 3)
The Devil (Part 4)

For those of us who either don't have the time to listen to it all and/or are unable to access youtube, are you able to provide some kind of non-interpretive summary?

I can try to bring out a couple clips, but it will kind of miss the point. Perhaps, it's not the best thing to discuss.

I'm going to need this.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: