OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 30, 2014, 06:58:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Survivor Texas Style  (Read 1462 times) Average Rating: 0
Jakub
Archon

« on: July 29, 2004, 03:56:23 PM »

Due to the popularity of the Survivor shows, Texas is planning to do its own entitled "Survivor Texas Style".

The contestants start in Dallas, then travel to the following cities; Waco, Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Brownsville, Del Rio, El Paso, Midland, Odessa, Lubbock and Amarillo. Then on to Abliene, Ft. Worth and back to Dallas.

All contestants will drive a pink Volvo with a bumper sticker that reads, " I'm GAY, I'm a VEGETARIAN, I voted for AL GORE and I'm here to confiscate your guns".

The first one to make it back to Dallas wins.

JB

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 04:18:55 PM »

LOLOLOLOLOL

hmmmm...
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 04:43:03 PM »

LOL

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 04:56:56 PM »

Grin  I think *someone's* crazed with the heat...

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Etienne

OC.net

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 06:19:03 PM »

I hear that the company that produces Big Brother is planning to run a show, Make me a mother.

10000 male 'contestants' to be whittled down to................, leave the rest to remain un-written.

The tragic thing is people will queue to join such immoral programme. At one time if your mental health was a little suspect they 'banged' you up in an asylum, now they put you in front of camera for your 5 minutes of 'fame'.

...................................................................................................

Any vacancies, Superintendent?

It is afterwards that events are best understood
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 06:52:25 PM »

Ebor,

It's a dry heat out here, in fact it was 110' in Bullhead City Ariz. when I went thru yesterday, guess its the boredom from that convention in Boston.

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2004, 11:34:05 PM »

I know about dry heat, being from Montana.  Cheesy

But you leave your hat off on the range the sun'll bake your brains, so I still think it's heat induced.   Grin

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Marat
Elder

Faith: Catholic reinvestigating the Orthodox Church

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 02:21:36 PM »

Due to the popularity of the Survivor shows, Texas is planning to do its own entitled "Survivor Texas Style".

The contestants start in Dallas, then travel to the following cities; Waco, Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Brownsville, Del Rio, El Paso, Midland, Odessa, Lubbock and Amarillo. Then on to Abliene, Ft. Worth and back to Dallas.

All contestants will drive a pink Volvo with a bumper sticker that reads, " I'm GAY, I'm a VEGETARIAN, I voted for AL GORE and I'm here to confiscate your guns".

The first one to make it back to Dallas wins.

JB

Umm.. have you been to Austin? No one here would bat an eye at those bumper stickers. Not all of Texas is intolerant rednecks.
Meekle
Elder

Meekle of Rohan, Dunadan Bard of the Riddermark

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 04:03:04 PM »

I can't wait till they do Survivor Orthodox style. 10 contestants, staying a month at an Orthodox monastery... last one left wins... or something like that   Grin
Landon77
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA (Antiochian Western Orthodox in exile)

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2006, 09:20:28 AM »

It's those places between the cities that would be the challange.  And even that might not be much of a big deal.  I think they should be required to stop off at a a certain number of dinners and call some of the regulars gay or announce, "Bush is stupid!"- that would get a reaction!

"How stands your mighty god? My God is stronger than he."  -St. Boniface
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2006, 03:27:33 PM »

Egads people, I posted this almost 2 years ago...guess the US Postal Service runs Al Gore's internet...

JB

Marat
Elder

Faith: Catholic reinvestigating the Orthodox Church

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2006, 10:19:28 PM »

Egads people, I posted this almost 2 years ago...guess the US Postal Service runs Al Gore's internet...

JB

It came up on the related links thing. That is how I found it, and I wasn't here two years ago, so I responded. I don't think we are supposed to discuss politics, so I'll let the Al Gore statement slide.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: