OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 01:30:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For My (Very Hard) Tests and Classes  (Read 2194 times) Average Rating: 0
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Miaphysite Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: The Church of Alexandria

Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth

Partisangirl
« on: September 19, 2011, 05:13:06 PM »

Please pray for my tests and my classes in general. This year I took some very hard courses and I have tests/quizzes quite often (I am having a major one on Wednesday). I am sure I'll be OK so long as I work hard, but I think your prayers will be a great help to me so please remember me in your prayers tonight. Smiley

God bless.

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

I am currently not an active poster on the forum. Please forgive any offense I might have caused in the past. Thank you.
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 05:30:09 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 05:35:19 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

I'm going to need this.
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 05:44:51 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Love never fails.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 06:59:11 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Protestant Universalist

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 07:49:23 PM »

Lord have mercy.
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 07:54:02 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

ETA: Oops.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 08:10:35 PM by IsmiLiora » Logged

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 08:06:09 PM »

Lord Jesus Christ, Son and Word of God, have mercy on your servant.

I learned quickly to balance my very hard or time consuming courses with less difficult subjects.
Most guidance counselors do not offer that kind of advice, but getting the opinions of students who have taken those classes can be quite valuable when planning your future class schedules. Nevertheless, some students who are in rigid cohort programs have no choice as their class schedules are prearranged and must be taken as scheduled.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 05:15:44 PM »

I hope you did well on the big test today, Severian.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 05:21:14 PM »

It wasn't too, too bad. All of my other classmates, even the most erudite and intelligent among them, thought that it was awful. Though I thought it was reasonable. I think that's a good sign. Smiley

The test I took was in one of the hardest classes they have to offer so even if I get a 'B' I wouldn't be too upset. Thank you for your prayers everyone! In any case, I am having ANOTHER test in the same class tomorrow and a quiz on Friday.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 05:31:25 PM by Severian » Logged

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

I am currently not an active poster on the forum. Please forgive any offense I might have caused in the past. Thank you.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 06:00:37 PM »

It wasn't too, too bad. All of my other classmates, even the most erudite and intelligent among them, thought that it was awful. Though I thought it was reasonable. I think that's a good sign. Smiley

The test I took was in one of the hardest classes they have to offer so even if I get a 'B' I wouldn't be too upset. Thank you for your prayers everyone! In any case, I am having ANOTHER test in the same class tomorrow and a quiz on Friday.

Praise the Lord.

I will pray that you did well (if a curve helps).

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
zekarja
High Elder

O Holy Prophet Zechariah, intercede to God for us!

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 06:10:18 PM »

Kyrie, eleison!

William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 06:16:39 PM »

That's rough. I recently dropped out of a class where my teacher was quizzing us every day. I couldn't handle it.

Lord, have mercy.

Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 06:17:58 PM »

Praise the Lord.

Thank you very much.

Yes, I was hoping a curve would also help me out, because as I said, many of my classmates felt they did terribly. It wouldn't be the first time a test in that particular class was curved.

The hardest thing about the test was the multiple choice. You had to fill in ALL the answered which applied, so if you didn't fill in even one of the possible answers you got the entire question wrong.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 06:23:00 PM by Severian » Logged

Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 06:20:46 PM »

That's rough. I recently dropped out of a class where my teacher was quizzing us every day. I couldn't handle it.

Lord, have mercy.
I am sorry to hear that, but what subject was it in?

Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 06:21:40 PM »

Praise the Lord.

Thank you very much.

Yes, I was hoping a curve would also help me out, because as I said, many of my classmates felt they did terribly. It wouldn't be the first time a test in that particular class was curved.

The hardest thing about the test was the multiple choice. You had to fill in ALL the answered which applied, so even if you didn't fill in even of the possible answers you got the entire question wrong.
I pray you did well.
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 07:28:13 PM »

Lord, have mercy.
I am sorry to hear that, but what subject was it in?
Chinese.

Stephanos Nikolaos

Faith: Pre-Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Currently OCA

Hosanna in the highest!

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 07:59:34 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

“But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either.” +Luke 6:27-29
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 10:43:37 PM »

I am having a Spanish exam tomorrow, please pray for it. Thanks!

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 11:28:15 PM »

My prayers. Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy

How did you other tests go?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 11:29:57 PM »

Get off the internet and study.    Smiley

Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 11:41:13 PM »

My prayers. Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy

How did you other tests go?
Well, I am off to bed so I decided to check this site one more time before I went to sleep.

I did pass my other test, but I did not do as well as I wanted to. But that's OK, because now I know that instructor's style and I have grown accustomed to it. I am getting the hang of that class.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2011, 12:52:22 AM »

Lord have mercy!

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 03:43:41 AM »

But that's OK, because now I know that instructor's style and I have grown accustomed to it. I am getting the hang of that class.
That's good.
CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2011, 07:54:59 AM »

Lord have mercy. The prayers of Pope Kyrillos be with you.

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
GTAsoldier
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: God knows what lives in me in place of me....

GTAsoldier
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2011, 09:01:39 PM »

Lord have mercy.

I'm having my first few exams of the semester for some of my classes this coming week in my university. God willing I pass them. I hope you do/did well on your exams and classes.

God be merciful to us sinners.

Quote from: IoanC
the best way of conveying God's love to people is through your own presence and deeds.
No longer posting on this forum. Thanks to all the helpful people who inspired me. God bless.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2011, 12:37:07 AM »

Lord have mercy. The prayers of Pope Kyrillos be with you.

And St. Mina...

Lord, have mercy!

Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2011, 06:15:07 PM »

Thank you very much for your prayers, I did much better than expected and no doubt due to your intercessions (though I would prefer not reveal my exact grade on the Internet). I have to sign off now to study, but please do keep remembering me in your prayers.

Through the prayers of the Theotokos and of Ss. Anthony, Cyril, Athanasius, Severus, Dioscoros, Gregory of Tathev, Pope Kyrillos VI, Mina, and all the Saints who have pleased Christ since the beginning,
Lord have mercy!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 06:15:26 PM by Severian » Logged

Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2011, 07:07:28 PM »

Will do! I'm glad to see you did well!
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2011, 11:08:14 PM »

Well, tomorrow I have a Math quiz, should be fun. Tongue

In Christ.

Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2011, 12:38:12 AM »

I hope you do well!
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2011, 08:46:12 PM »

Meh... I want to let this thread die soon because I do not wish to hog up or desecrate the prayer forum. But, things are looking pretty good and I would just like to humbly ask you all to keep praying for me.

Thanks and God bless.

Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2011, 12:33:43 AM »

Don't worry about it! We all need help at times.

I'll be praying.
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2011, 07:21:42 PM »

I do hope that I am not abusing this sacred prayer fora by repetitive requests, and if the Mods request me to stop, then I will. But please pray for another test I am having tomorrow. It will most likely be very difficult and I HAVE to get a decent grade in it. I have tried my best, but I do not know if that is enough.

LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2011, 07:32:19 PM »

We have been instructed to pray "ceaselessly", therefore, have no fear of asking for "too many" prayers.

May the Lord bless you and help you recall all that you have learned, so that you may answer all the questions correctly on your test.

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2011, 08:06:42 PM »

Indeed! Lord have mercy.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 08:06:53 PM by Volnutt » Logged
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2011, 08:14:38 PM »

I actually did well, surprisingly! Shocked Thank you all!

Tomorrow I will have another difficult test, so hopefully I'll survive that one too. Wink

zekarja
High Elder

O Holy Prophet Zechariah, intercede to God for us!

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2011, 08:17:52 PM »

Ya Rabb urham!

Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2011, 09:09:17 PM »

Lord, if it is in your will...
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2011, 10:20:26 PM »

May the Lord have mercy, and help you with your exams.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2011, 10:23:37 AM »

Lord have mercy.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: