OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 12:17:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please pray for me to be lifted up from my dispair.  (Read 1909 times) Average Rating: 0
thornygrace

OC.net

« on: July 28, 2004, 12:11:59 PM »

With out giving my novel long discription of my situation I will say the "readers digest" version. (But understand I am leaving out lots of explainations.)

My husband went on a trip in November to Europe to see his family (his mother was ill and needed surgery and could have died.)  He has not returned from the trip. First he said it was because I asked him to work a job he hated. (not true!), then it was because he owed back child support to his first wife and was in trouble with the courts there. (probably the real reason all along.)  He had to get a loan to get out of jail and has been working for that man to pay him back.  But he has hardly ever written an email to me and has not given me information about how to reach him.

Next, I have had my own business but due to an illness I had even before November, and the heartbreak and subsequent decrease in immunity, I have lost most of my income from the business. (I have also been very depressed.)

(My husband is from Serbia, raised by Serbian Orthodox but not a believer. I have been protestant but have had an enlightening of my understanding and have sought out more authentic Christianity and full communion with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I am still and inquirer but have no intention of doing anything but converting.)

"Saints are the ones that let the Light shine through them."
YankeeLady

OC.net

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 12:45:07 PM »

You are in my prayers.  What a lot to handle at once!  Please don't give up.  It's great that you're intent upon moving forward in your faith life.  Surely God will honor that!

I have recently been very discouraged and depressed myself and am only starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Help came in a way that I didn't expect (a lot of it from some of the posts on this board).  Perhaps the Lord will move in a similar way in your life.

May God bless you, strengthen you, and wrap His loving arms around you during this difficult time.

In Christ,
Photini
CopticSoldier

My imaginary friend thinks you have problems.

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 01:57:31 PM »

May God bless and sustain you...

God bless,

CS
shanmo9

OC.net

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 02:05:50 PM »

ThornyGrace,

I will include you in my prayers.  One thing I have found since my conversion is that God always answers the prayers if our heart is in the right place.  Just pray, "Thy will be done" and trust Him.  I have had many answers to my prayers, but not always according to what I expected.  

Do you know the prayer of St Epharim, the Syrian? I pray it every day and have found I receive peace in times of trouble  or dispair.

Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on me a sinner!
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 02:41:20 PM »

Prayers.

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

Mor Ephrem > Justin Kissel
spiros

OC.net

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2004, 04:21:04 PM »

You are in my prayers, and I have been in the depths of despair myself, I know from whence you speak.  The Church is foremost  a place of healing, and a way to keep our sanity.  

Official Resident of 5th Century Cyprus
thornygrace

OC.net

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2004, 07:25:36 PM »

I am not sure I know what sanity is at times.  But I do pray all the time. The prayer mentioned above is similar to one that I pray from the Orthodox Study Bible's morning and evening prayers.

I also pray: "Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me, a sinner"

But honestly, I also pray: "Please Lord, heal my husband in body mind and spirit and heal me in body mind and spirit. Also, Lord, please heal our marriage and bring him home to me."

I keep praying that. I pray it all the time.  (I pray so much, I wear a kercheif on my head.)

My neighbor is RCC (and we are very good friends). She has been praying for me.  She said she had a dream in which my husband came home. It was the same night that while I was laying in bed unable to sleep and had decided to just keep repeating the prayer above until I fell asleep. While doing so I had a sudden surge of energy inside and this "feeling" that he will come home.

Maybe the enemy is playing tricks on both my neighbor and me.  But it does give one hope.

(I accept the will of God. If my husband does not return to me, it is because God is protecting me from more pain, or in some other way advancing the Kingdom of God. So, while I might be disappointed. I will not allow anything to seperate me from God's love and my love for God. (using "God" in reference to the trinity.)

Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2004, 11:31:37 PM »

thornygrace,

Your persistence is a wonderful testimony.  You have my unworthy prayers; I'll remember you tomorrow as one of those "among the living and the dead whom each of [us] have in mind"...

Se+¦or, ten piedad....

Pedro

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
thornygrace

OC.net

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2004, 08:35:12 PM »

My priest encouraged me to write to my husband and confront him for going over two months without writing to me. I wrote and told him that a "real husband" would not do this (without a very very good reason, like he was physically unable to.)

And today he read that email without replying to me.

I am crying uncontrollably.  I can't see how I am going to survive this pain.  This is more than I can bear. Please pray for me.

Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2004, 08:38:51 PM »

you have my prayers...it is possible that he read the email and realizes he will need to compose his thoughts before he responds, so he gives u the reply you deserve...? the internet is a very funny place, and often an action on one end of the web can be easily misconstrued on the other end. i will pray that this is the case...

hmmmm...
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2004, 09:01:18 PM »

Prayers for both of you during this painful situation..

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
spiros

OC.net

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2004, 10:18:09 PM »

You both remain in my prayers.

Official Resident of 5th Century Cyprus
thornygrace

OC.net

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2004, 11:22:37 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers. The reading of emails without replying has been an ongoing pain to me. He has gone six weeks before without writing and this time it was over two months. But when he does write, he won't tell me where he is or what is happening or how I can get in touch with him.

Please pray for him, that God will have mercy on him and save him. And pray for me, that I will be comforted.

Thank you.

Thomas Daniel (Reji)
Chevalier
Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Malankara Archdiocese of Syriac Orthodox Church

Proud to say belongs to Syriac Orthodox Church

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2004, 01:20:19 PM »

Oh.. Morth Mariam Yoldath Aloho (Mother Of God) Pray For Us

Shlom lekh bthoolto Mariam,
Maliath taibootho,
moran a'amekh,
mbarakhto at bneshey,
wambarakhoo feero dabkharsekh yeshue,
O qadeeshto Mariam,
yoldath aloho,
saloy hlofain hatoyeh,
hosho wabsho'ath mawtan.
Amin.

Hail O Virgin Mary
full of grace
the Lord is with thee:
blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy
womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death
Amen

Oh.. Morth Mariam Yoldath Aloho (Mother Of God)Pray For Us
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2004, 02:30:33 PM »

God help you & him.  
You have my prayers.

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
thornygrace

OC.net

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2004, 02:38:34 PM »

Thank you. I really appreciate the prayers. I still need them. There is still no word from my husband.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: