OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 12:19:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Syrian orthodox Bishop Mor Severius Saliba Tuma passed away  (Read 976 times) Average Rating: 0
Thomas Daniel (Reji)
Chevalier
Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Malankara Archdiocese of Syriac Orthodox Church

Proud to say belongs to Syriac Orthodox Church

« on: July 28, 2004, 01:26:16 AM »

SOLNews (27.7.2004) - This very evening the Syrian orthodox Bishop Mor Severius Saliba Tuma passed away at 7 pm at the age of 35 in Zahle, Lebanon. Mor Severius Saliba suffered from a fatal brain tumor..The funeral will be held at the St. George Church on 29th at 5 pm.

Mor Severius Saliba Tuma was born in the city of Kamishli, Syria, on November 21, 1969. He followed his theological education at the Patriarchal Seminary in Damascus. In 1989, he became a monk and in 1992 he was ordained a priest. From 1994 to 1998, he visited the Oriental Institute in Rome, studying for his Doctorate. He later returned to Damascus and became Vicar there.

On 14th May 2000, he was ordained as a Metropolitan by the Syrian orthodox Patriarch Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas at the Sts. Peter & Paul Cathedral in Saydnaya, Damascus, for the new diocese of Zahle in Lebanon. This diocese was earlier part of the Beirut diocese. The young prelate could serve his flock for only four years as a Bishop.

For Photo see: http://www.suryoyo-online.org/news/severiussalibatod.htm

Let his soul rest with the Fathers of the Church

Oh.. Morth Mariam Yoldath Aloho (Mother Of God)Pray For Us
Ben
Unabashedly Pro-Life
OC.net guru

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 01:43:02 AM »

Prayers......

"I prefer to be accused unjustly, for then I have nothing to reproach myself with, and joyfully offer this to the good Lord. Then I humble myself at the thought that I am indeed capable of doing the thing of which I have been accused. " - Saint
Antonious Nikolas
Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite, Anagnostis
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 11:06:05 AM »

Memory eternal, master....

“Nothing is better than to realize one’s weakness and ignorance and nothing is worse than not to be aware of them.” - St. Peter of Damascus
Tags: Syriac Orthodox 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: