OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 20, 2014, 04:48:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can the Comforter dwell, live and act, within an heterodox Christian?  (Read 305 times) Average Rating: 0
Arnaud

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: None for now.. not yet chrismated and not yet a catechumen in church either.. it's been years I have been catechumenizing myself so to speak.. in doing research again and again.. hopefully one day I will be chrismated in one of the Oriental Orthodox Churches.. or who knows maybe in one of the Eastern Orthodox Churches.. but right now miaphysite christology seems right to me..

God is VERY GREAT and I am very small

« on: September 10, 2011, 11:01:28 AM »

Greetings to one and all in the Name of the Holy Trinity, the One true God, amen.

It is said and believed that one receives the "seal of the gift of the Holy Spirit" when chrismated, following his/her baptism.

"If baptism is our personal participation in Easter, the death and resurrection of Christ, then chrismation is our personal participation in Pentecost, the coming of the Holy Spirit upon us... In chrismation a person is given the 'power from on high' (Acts 1-2), the gift of the Spirit of God, in order to live the new life received in baptism. He is anointed, just as Christ THE Messiah is THE Anointed One of God. He becomes, as the fathers of the Church dared to put it: a 'christ' together with Jesus. Thus, through chrismation we become a 'christ', a son of God, a person upon whom the Holy Spirit dwells, a person in whom the Holy Spirit lives and acts, as long as we want him and cooperate with his powerful and holy inspiration..."

Taken from the website: 'Orthodox Church in America'.

Bible says: "Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth." 1 John 2:18-21.

And Bishop Kallistos Ware wrote: "Through Chrismation every member of the Church becomes a prophet, and receives a share in the royal priesthood of Christ; all Christians alike, because they are chrismated, are called to act as conscious witnesses to the Truth. 'You have an anointing (chrisma) from the Holy One, and know all things..' "

Consider there are Christians (believers of the TriUne God and the Incarnate Word) who are not Orthodox (neither Oriental nor Eastern), not even Roman Catholic or other, but "undenominated", who pray to God, praise Him, love Him more than themselves, are prone to repent, do a lot of good works, speak often wise words, sometimes inconsciously (or consciously) make predictions that come true, however (are heretics) disagree with a certain number of points of (what we know to be) the Right Faith. They are, ritually speaking, neither baptized nor chrismated in any ecclesiastical structure. They are kind, loving, simple, and humble. By assuming such people exist (yes surely), What do you say? Is it thinkable that the Comforter is with them dwelling in their very souls? Or Is it not thinkable?

And consider there are some people baptized and chrismated in the Orthodox Church (whether Oriental or Eastern) who adore God with less fervor, and have a behaviour that leaves much to be desired: as far as Christianity is concerned. If your answer to the above interrogation is a categorical "no", Can you tell me in what these persons are more advantaged of having been chrismated than the people in the above exemple?

Be blessed.

Mo'a Ambessa ze imnegede Yehuda !
The Lion of the tribe of Judah has conquered !
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: