OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 22, 2014, 01:03:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Father Peter's article in Serbian journal  (Read 840 times) Average Rating: 0
Father Peter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

« on: May 22, 2011, 09:43:46 AM »

I was very pleased to learn today that my article, The Christology of St Severus of Antioch, has been translated and published in the reputable Serbian Orthodox magazine Teološki pogledi (Theological views) which is published by the Holy Synod of bishops of the Serbian Orthodox Church. The article had been reviewed by the editorial board whose members include current Serbian theologians such as His Grace Metropolitan Amfilohije, and His Grace Bishop Atanasije Rakita.

Teološki pogledi has been considering extending their usual content of Eastern Orthodox theological writers to include contributions from the Oriental Orthodox communion, and I was pleased to have been contacted some little while ago to be asked for my permission to include this article on The Christology of St Severus of Antioch in a future edition. This has now been published and Teološki pogledi and its editor, Father Aleksandar Djakovac, have expressed a desire to continue to publish articles related to Oriental Orthodox Christology.

I think this is a wonderful opportunity to be able to explain and describe our Orthodox Faith in some detail to the theologically literate members of the Serbian Orthodox Church. I shall be trying to compile a list of Orthodox writers from all of the various Churches in our Communion who would perhaps wish and be able to contribute a theological paper on the subject of our Christology.

This article, and many others, is available in my book, Orthodox Christology, which is available here...

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/orthodox-christology/10969273

Lord have mercy upon me a sinner
http://www.orthodoxmedway.org

My blog - http://anorthodoxpriest.blogspot.co.uk

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 10:02:13 AM »

Christ is risen!

Many years!

I've seen some things done by Armenians in Russian.  I wonder how extensive that is, as it is the only area where it seems the language barrier in the East has been broached, outside of Arabic.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 01:38:38 PM »

How wonderful.   angel

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Miaphysite Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: The Church of Alexandria

Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth

Partisangirl
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 09:10:13 AM »

This is great! I am very glad many members of the Serbian Church are willing to integrate aspects of OO writings into their own tradition. I find that most Serbs are very enthusiastic about a potential reunion with the OO.

May the blessings of our Holy Father Saint Severus be with us all.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 09:11:19 AM by Severian » Logged

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

I am currently not an active poster on the forum. Please forgive any offense I might have caused in the past. Thank you.
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 11:03:08 AM »

The official website of the Serbian Church says:

Metropolitan Jonah meets with Non-Chalcedonian Orthodox Hierarchs
31. August 2009 - 11:16
 Recently, Metropolitan Jonah of the OCA met with hierarchs from the Non-Chalcedonian Orthodox (otherwise known as the Oriental Orthodox) communion. What does this mean for unity between the communions? Not much right now, but it is always good to see dialogue between the two.
For those who are not familiar with what happened 1600 years ago, the Orthodox Church underwent a schism that has lasted up until the present day. It was split into those who accepted the Council of Chalcedon in 451 and those who rejected it. Without getting into the all the details of the council itself, most theologians admit that the differences that split the two are non-issues now and were more linguistic in nature than theological.

While this latest meeting is not taking place on an official world-wide scale, it is proof that there is mutual knowledge of both groups and there is at least talking taking place. Both churches have much in common, having maintained the same Apostolic faith, but have different cultural manifestations of it. Both sides eagerly look for the day when there is re-establishment of communion between the two. Below is a copy of the article from the OCA website.
SYOSSET, NY [OCA Communications] -- On August 13, 2009, a delegation of Oriental Orthodox bishops and priests visited His Beatitude, Metropolitan Jonah at the OCA Chancery here.
The delegation, which was led by His Eminence, Archbishop Khajag Barsamian, Primate of the Eastern Diocese of the Armenian Church of America, included His Eminence Archbishop Mor Cyril Aphrem Karim, Prelate of the Syriac Orthodox Church in the United States. The Very Rev. David Bebawy represented the Coptic Orthodox Church.
The delegation visited Saint Sergius Chapel at the Chancery, where they were offered a brief history of the OCA Chancery. After a meaningful discussion on different issues of mutual interest, Metropolitan Jonah hosted a luncheon for the delegation, during which the visiting hierarchs expressed gratitude for their visit.
Metropolitan Jonah also was invited to be a guest of Archbishop Khajag Barsamian at the Armenian Diocesan Headquarters in New York in early September.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:03:23 AM by Severian » Logged

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

I am currently not an active poster on the forum. Please forgive any offense I might have caused in the past. Thank you.
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 11:49:36 AM »

The official website of the Serbian Church says:

Metropolitan Jonah meets with Non-Chalcedonian Orthodox Hierarchs
31. August 2009 - 11:16
 Recently, Metropolitan Jonah of the OCA met with hierarchs from the Non-Chalcedonian Orthodox (otherwise known as the Oriental Orthodox) communion. What does this mean for unity between the communions? Not much right now, but it is always good to see dialogue between the two.
For those who are not familiar with what happened 1600 years ago, the Orthodox Church underwent a schism that has lasted up until the present day. It was split into those who accepted the Council of Chalcedon in 451 and those who rejected it. Without getting into the all the details of the council itself, most theologians admit that the differences that split the two are non-issues now and were more linguistic in nature than theological.

While this latest meeting is not taking place on an official world-wide scale, it is proof that there is mutual knowledge of both groups and there is at least talking taking place. Both churches have much in common, having maintained the same Apostolic faith, but have different cultural manifestations of it. Both sides eagerly look for the day when there is re-establishment of communion between the two. Below is a copy of the article from the OCA website.
SYOSSET, NY [OCA Communications] -- On August 13, 2009, a delegation of Oriental Orthodox bishops and priests visited His Beatitude, Metropolitan Jonah at the OCA Chancery here.
The delegation, which was led by His Eminence, Archbishop Khajag Barsamian, Primate of the Eastern Diocese of the Armenian Church of America, included His Eminence Archbishop Mor Cyril Aphrem Karim, Prelate of the Syriac Orthodox Church in the United States. The Very Rev. David Bebawy represented the Coptic Orthodox Church.
The delegation visited Saint Sergius Chapel at the Chancery, where they were offered a brief history of the OCA Chancery. After a meaningful discussion on different issues of mutual interest, Metropolitan Jonah hosted a luncheon for the delegation, during which the visiting hierarchs expressed gratitude for their visit.
Metropolitan Jonah also was invited to be a guest of Archbishop Khajag Barsamian at the Armenian Diocesan Headquarters in New York in early September.

Can you please post a link? 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 12:07:20 PM »

Oops, sorry.  Embarrassed

Here is the link:
http://www.spc.rs/eng/metropolitan_jonah_meets_nonchalcedonian_orthodox_hierarchs

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 03:37:52 PM »

I downloaded the book. Haven't read it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.  Smiley

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
Aegyptoc

Faith: Coptic Orthodox

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 04:12:49 PM »

I downloaded the book. Haven't read it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.  Smiley

It's very good and detailed. I have learned a lot from it.
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 04:13:55 PM »

Thanks!  Copyright & all that. 

Smiley

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 10:24:27 PM »

Selam lekulekemu  Smiley
This is excellent, I am looking forward to reading it, when it comes in 3-5 days. Thank you father Smiley

selam

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: