OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 03:43:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Claremont Lincoln University: Learning at the World's First Interfaith College  (Read 210 times) Average Rating: 0
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« on: September 08, 2011, 08:19:48 AM »

"A rabbi, a minister, and an imam meet together for a year and something amazing happens...

In June of 2010, the three of us, Rev. Jerry Campbell, Imam Jihad Turk and Rabbi Mel Gottlieb, announced an agreement for our respective institutions to co-create the world's first inter-religious university -- a place where rabbis, ministers, imams and other religious leaders would each be educated in their own traditions, side by side, but also with classes in common. The new university would include academic schools for students who wanted to do world-healing work in non-religious fields as well.

The purpose of this new concept was not to water down the beliefs of each of the different traditions, but rather to create understanding, promote mutual respect and learn how to cooperate across religious boundaries to address the world's greatest problems...."

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: refuse

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 01:14:15 PM »

It wouldn't open for me, it just kept trying to load (and I tried three different ways to get into the article, through your link, through using the huffingtonpost search, and through a Google search).  I'll try again in a couple hours...

Nevermind, I tried again and just let the browser sit for a couple minutes till it finally loaded.   Cool    Anyway... yeah... so I read it and browsed over some of the stuff on the new school's website (especially academic degrees available)... it's an ecumenistic dream-come-true for some, I suppose... sort of a comparative religion degree on steroids.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 01:21:47 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: