OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 18, 2014, 05:56:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV shows are you watching?  (Read 66368 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #990 on: September 02, 2013, 04:31:19 PM »

Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders

Well, I'm watching bits and pieces when the Pirates game is at commercial. I haven't watched this show in quite a few years, ever since I saw an episode where they were criticizing a girl for not being thin enough. The girl, from my point of view, looked anorexic and as thin as a twig as it was. Apparently triple digit weights are anathema or something. Anyway, thankfully we don't deal with this junk at the Pro level around these parts, and cheerleading stays at the high school and college level, where it belongs...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 04:33:21 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #991 on: September 03, 2013, 03:53:27 PM »

Rewatching season 6 of Burn Notice on Netflix. I hadn't noticed how corny it could get at times. I mean, ok, it has Bruce Campbell in it, obviously there's going to be a significant corn/camp factor... but even the writing and such (not just Campbell's delivery/mannerisms) are pretty goofy. I guess maybe the current season is more serious compared to before, and that's why I noticed now. Anyway, still enjoyable...

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #992 on: September 03, 2013, 03:57:43 PM »

Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness. It's a Mum and Son thing.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
WPM
Archon

« Reply #993 on: September 03, 2013, 04:02:48 PM »

The congressional debate on Syria & the Middle East.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #994 on: September 06, 2013, 02:28:13 AM »

Is there a way for Michael to end up with both Fiona and Sonya?  angel

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #995 on: September 06, 2013, 06:09:03 PM »

I was one of the 25.13 million viewers who watched the NFL game last night. Because of this poor choice I did not see the Burn Notice episode until the rebroadcast at midnight. I feel so disgusted with myself.

xOrthodox4Christx
Archon

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

« Reply #996 on: September 06, 2013, 06:18:18 PM »

Jesus of Nazareth.  angel

"Rationalists are admirable beings, rationalism is a hideous monster when it claims for itself omnipotence. Attribution of omnipotence to reason is as bad a piece of idolatry as is worship of stock and stone, believing it to be God." (Mahatma Gandhi)
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #997 on: September 08, 2013, 07:55:39 PM »

Last week Jesse said: "Yeah, Mr. White's gay for me!" The tone was sarcastic, so I didn't give it much attention at the time. But then I saw this pic on facebook and it got me to wondering... could it be true about Mr. White?  Shocked Huh Tongue

« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 07:57:36 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #998 on: September 08, 2013, 10:18:47 PM »

Breaking Bad spoilers -->  ...What the heck was Uncle Jack thinking? What is going onnnnnnn? ... <-- spoilers

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #999 on: September 09, 2013, 08:29:41 AM »

Breaking Bad spoilers -->  ...What the heck was Uncle Jack thinking? What is going onnnnnnn? ... <-- spoilers

Spoilers:
Walt can't cook for him if he's in prison.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
Hinterlander
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1000 on: September 09, 2013, 08:33:17 AM »

Danish TV show called Rita.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #1001 on: September 09, 2013, 08:35:26 AM »

Morning overview of the weekend soccer games.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1002 on: September 09, 2013, 12:54:28 PM »

Spoilers:

...Walt also can't cook for him if he's dead, and the guys were shooting straight at where Walt was sitting. Also, if they killed Hank and/or Jesse, who says Walt would cook for them anyway, even if they threatened his life?...

That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #1003 on: September 09, 2013, 03:28:33 PM »

Spoilers:

...Walt also can't cook for him if he's dead, and the guys were shooting straight at where Walt was sitting. Also, if they killed Hank and/or Jesse, who says Walt would cook for them anyway, even if they threatened his life?...
Why am I reading this stuff when I'm not caught up yet?

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
Santagranddad
Warned
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #1004 on: September 09, 2013, 03:39:03 PM »

Locked Up for being ill! A Panorama special.

A BBC programme about the 25 per cent or so people taken into police custody because of they are in a mental health crisis.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1005 on: September 12, 2013, 09:51:23 PM »

And with that, Burn Notice ends. Good ending to the series. Sad. Ultimately satisfying.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #1006 on: September 14, 2013, 06:43:38 AM »

Big Brother.
The Office [US & UK]. (You people are so derivative. I didn't realize how much this show infected the brains of nearly everyone communicating on the internet. I hadn't seen a scene of either till a few weeks ago.) {The US version is the better in an uncommon turn if you end both series at the same points.}

THE NFL is the worst.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #1007 on: September 14, 2013, 02:29:12 PM »

THE NFL is the worst.
That might be true, but I can't stop watching.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
That person
OC.net guru

« Reply #1008 on: September 14, 2013, 05:54:28 PM »

But the Bengals are actually good this year!

Orthonorm, I still really want to know your thoughts on Louie. I've come to rather like it and I'm not sure whether you'd love it or absolutely detest it.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1009 on: September 15, 2013, 01:12:48 AM »

Burn Notice Spoilers.

But the show is over, so I shouldn't have to say that.

Why am I typing in single lines, like a certain someone?

I don't know.

Anyway.

The post.

Love/Hate

The organization James put together.

Love: how he has so much in the way of money and resources that he'll burn down a multi-million dollar home after a weekend of fun just to cover his tracks.

Hate: how he interrogates Michael within an inch of his life, yet hires incompetent goons to back him up, such that 5 men, some with machine guns, and given a 3-4 second heads up, can't manage to shoot someone 20 feet away.

RIP James. We barely knew ye.

RIP Sonya. We wanted to know ye a lot better. Like, alot a lot.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 01:13:44 AM by Asteriktos » Logged

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1010 on: September 15, 2013, 06:55:46 PM »

Pre-season hockey - Pittsburgh vs. Columbus

Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1011 on: September 15, 2013, 10:39:17 PM »

One more episode of Big Brother left

Gina Marie to win

My God have mercy on us

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #1012 on: September 16, 2013, 05:07:17 AM »

Really enjoying Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown. His gustatory tour of Jerusalem was fascinating TV. Beautiful and heartbreaking.

Selam

"If we are unwilling to accept any truth that we have not first discovered and declared ourselves, we demonstrate that we are interested not in the truth so much as in being right." ~ Thomas Merton ~
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #1013 on: September 16, 2013, 09:57:03 AM »

Firefly on Netflix.  I know, I am behind the times.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #1014 on: September 16, 2013, 11:33:53 AM »

The new series of 'Foyle's War' just started. Wow, it was good!  Smiley

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #1015 on: September 16, 2013, 05:44:45 PM »

But the Bengals are actually good this year!

Orthonorm, I still really want to know your thoughts on Louie. I've come to rather like it and I'm not sure whether you'd love it or absolutely detest it.

I watched the first two episodes last night.

First = it made me want to kill myself even more than usual.

Second + I appreciate the attempt to pull away from the fauxumentory style, but it hit tone that looks like it constantly wants to break into commercial for beer or a mobile device.

Third - the stand-up parts are better than the stuff draped around them. I don't really know the guy's stuff. It ain't bad.

Fourth ~ why do I have to hate or love something. Since everyone claims I am a contrarian you know you were pushing me into a tepid reaction.

Fifth # I HATE NICK DEPALO.  

Sixth ^ maybe I got to three episodes.

I will watch a little more of it when I my mood in the sylvier side of plath.

Thanks for the recommend and reminder.

The Bengals suck.

I hope you are really let down tonight.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 05:45:15 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Santagranddad
Warned
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #1016 on: September 16, 2013, 06:02:00 PM »

Sky News on US Navy yard shootings. Tragically lives lost and others wounded. May the dead rest in peace, condolences to their loved ones and best wishes for a speedy recovery to the wounded.
That person
OC.net guru

« Reply #1017 on: September 17, 2013, 12:10:31 PM »

Third - the stand-up parts are better than the stuff draped around them. I don't really know the guy's stuff. It ain't bad.
His standup is quality. Pretty much all the material in the show comes from his specials, so maybe check them out. He's actually one of the bigger names in comedy these days, the 5th highest earning comic of 2013 according to Forbes. Mind you, there are two ventroliquists ahead of him on that list, but it's still pretty impressive for a white comedian who uses the n-word in his routine and complains about people who refer to it as "the n-word." I suppose I should warn the squeamish that the above link contains the n-word, as well as the f-word, the c-word, and some other words. 
Fourth ~ why do I have to hate or love something. Since everyone claims I am a contrarian you know you were pushing me into a tepid reaction.
I dunno. It just seems like the sort of unconventional thing you'd have a pretty strong opinion about. I can see the sort of dry and rather depressed kind of humor appealing to you, but given your stated admiration for television shows that take advantage of the medium to build long-term plot arcs, I wasn't sure how you'd react to a show that often abandons storylines mid-episode.

I hope you are really let down tonight.
I was not.

monkvasyl
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: UOC 0f USA

« Reply #1018 on: September 17, 2013, 12:26:21 PM »

Gina Marie to win

My God have mercy on us

I loved the 1st season, but then it went down hill real fast.  Did anyone catch "Sleepy Hollow" last night?  I'll add this to my list of "Once Upon A Time".

The unworthy hierodeacon, Vasyl
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1019 on: September 18, 2013, 01:00:45 AM »

Rewatching the 3rd season of The Walking Dead (Comcast finally has them up).

SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #1020 on: September 18, 2013, 01:13:52 AM »

I like NBC's Million Second Quiz although it seemed like a stupid combination of Survivor, Big Brother and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.  The TV ratings have declined from 1.7 on the original episode on September 7 to 0.7 on September 14 when they rebounded back to 1.0 on September 16.

Ryan Seacrest has a future - he can replace Pat Sajak on Wheel of Fortune.

source for ratings info
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1021 on: September 18, 2013, 10:05:24 AM »

Gina Marie to win

My God have mercy on us

I loved the 1st season, but then it went down hill real fast.  Did anyone catch "Sleepy Hollow" last night?  I'll add this to my list of "Once Upon A Time".

The first season was 14 years ago  LOL

BB Finale tonight...............End of summer

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #1022 on: September 18, 2013, 10:07:46 AM »

I've been watching lots of soccer on NBC Sports. Also, the NFL on the standard stations. The preseason in hockey has started, but it seems none of the games have been on the channels I get. They'd better fix that in a hurry.  Tongue

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #1023 on: September 18, 2013, 10:09:23 AM »

Gina Marie to win

My God have mercy on us

One of the best productions of theater I ever saw was Vor Sonnenuntergang a la Big Brother.

Mind blowing.

Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #1024 on: September 18, 2013, 11:50:44 AM »

Looking forward to Strictly Come Dancing again. Mostly Z-listers this year, so at least we're guaranteed a steady stream of Craig acid.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #1025 on: September 18, 2013, 12:06:52 PM »

Have you ever watched Twin Peaks, Jason?

After Laura's killer was revealed the show dropped in quality real quick but then Lynch had an amazing finale blowout.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #1026 on: September 18, 2013, 12:06:52 PM »

Firefly on Netflix.  I know, I am behind the times.
Itsa bout time

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #1027 on: September 18, 2013, 12:27:50 PM »

I'm always watching

Scrubs,

30 Rock

Arrested Development

Parks and Recreation

All on Netflix.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
monkvasyl
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: UOC 0f USA

« Reply #1028 on: September 18, 2013, 02:13:20 PM »

Gina Marie to win

My God have mercy on us

14 years ago?  I thought it was 12, since I remember 9/11 having near the end of the series and a woman from NYC wanted to go home because, I think, her sister was in the WTC.  It was the only season where everyone liked each other and acted like human beings.

The unworthy hierodeacon, Vasyl
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1029 on: September 18, 2013, 02:40:52 PM »

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #1030 on: September 18, 2013, 03:52:31 PM »

Have you ever watched Twin Peaks, Jason?

After Laura's killer was revealed the show dropped in quality real quick but then Lynch had an amazing finale blowout.

I sawed the movies as well.

I dated a girl when it first ran who thought David Lynch was mind blowing. For my money at the time he didn't hold a candle to nitrous fueled LSD trips and it was on TV which meant you had to have to some understanding of time to follow it or at least a more pedestrian understanding of temporality than I had.

You have no understanding how frustrating it is to understand the entire scope of the passage of being and not be able to manage to use a TV Guide properly.

I think David Lynch accompanied the end of my use of such psychotropics as well. I was rolling hard and agreed to go to a flick with someone I had bumped into and had a hard time imagining never having had been separate from before. I saw about 32 minutes of Lost Highway before I was certain the walls were moving at such a rate that I would be smooshed before the end of whatever I was watching and I split and ended up asleep in a water fountain.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #1031 on: September 18, 2013, 03:52:47 PM »

You are creepier than Lynch.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1032 on: September 18, 2013, 05:25:50 PM »

You are creepier than Lynch.

Not mine, though I laughed out loud when I first saw it. There is also a version of it with stills from the actual show, but I thought the cartoon one was much funnier.

I wonder who it's creepier for, those who get the joke, or those who don't.  Cool

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1033 on: September 18, 2013, 08:56:50 PM »

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1034 on: September 18, 2013, 10:58:42 PM »

Andy won BB

Survivor looks good

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: